• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

"Don't Eat The Mushrooms" and other sage advice from the USS Oumuamua

Oh. And Rox. Avander bit his lip. That would probably be fine. Sure, the being responsible for their last misadventure in time was being thrown into another poorly understood anomaly, but it probably was a completely different temporal displacement phenomenon this time.

Maybe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Grey: Ya'll'l be fine. We'll have youn's back home in time fer supper. Jus' hold ye horses.

Perez: Definitely dead.

Nijal: What's a horse?

• Like 1

Rox snapped her fingers again. Maybe it was a nervous tick. Rivka might bring it up with her after this crisis. There were meds that could help with that sort of thing.

She may need some.

• Like 2

Tyber: Are you still a religious man Arlill?

Arlill: Still? Never really was.

Tyber: Because the last time I saw you, you were Hole ley. Get it? Hole ley?

Arlill: I definitely walked into that one!

We have peaked, Tyber has won, I whole "hole-heartedly" love that line.

• Haha 1

Herrick: oO How the heck was Eli also irradiated as well? Oo Am I… radioactive?

• Haha 2

Nilsen: We erm, need to borrow a shuttle.

V’Airu: (slow blink) I see.

She didn't.

Nilsen: She’s afraid to bring it to command.

Arlill: For some reason, she didn’t say in her message.

V’Airu: I see.

Again, she did not. But she was getting a better sense of why the two officers were there to ask for a shuttle -- and to encourage her to forget they'd asked.

@Tony, aka VAiru Sees all. Always watching 😂

• Haha 1

If the voice in her head hadn't reappeared in this situation, in this good opportunity for her father's voice to bring her down again, then it would probably have disappeared and never come back. She only heard her own thoughts. There was no other voice in her head except her own little voice of fear that said oO What the hell are you doing here anyway? Oo But that voice was skilfully ignored.

See, therapy works!

• Haha 2

Kel:  I'm thinking we should try carbamazepine. It's old school, but it's a broad spectrum liver enzyme activator.  Maybe we can break this thing down.

There's no school like the old school.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arlill: ::in a quieter voice:: Hey, is there anything you’ve done on the ‘Oumuamua bingo list that you wouldn’t recommend trying? (beat) I love a good challenge. (beat) and don’t say throwing the ship back in time because that’s not on the list (beat) I checked! :: smiling at Rox with admiration ::

I mean... our future selves could add in (next time they go back in time, so it was, retroactively always there!)

• Haha 1

Lhandon technically wasn't late to the party; he had been there before everyone else, helping out in the kitchen and enjoying just a moment where in an alternative universe, maybe, just maybe, he was a chef who owned a restaurant called the Bear in the city of Chicago.

Very nice reference @Lhandon_Nilsen

• Haha 1

Faulty holodecks.

Eurgh.

Max thought for a moment about the holographic chaos aboard the Starliner Meridia, of being flattened by some huge gooey monster thing. And of being cornered on his own in a washroom by Arlia Anders.

And then of course the time that hundreds of holo-emitters aboard 118 herself had gone funky and turned most of the station into a variety of weird and wonderful fantasy lands....

Maxwell: Pretty sure you've nothing tae worry about, sir. Holo-failures are almost unheard ae really.....

Yeah...totally safe...

• Haha 3

to the latest holo-novel taking the ship by storm; The Skibo Incident. Holodecks and suites had been fully booked for the next several weeks.

The program had gained popularity because several of the ship’s officers were featured in it — Kessler, Richards, and Promontory. The reason it was such a hit with the crew was that the writer had taken significant liberties with the account of the story, as well as the men’s personalities and appearances

Oh snap! 

Now we HAVE to see this holo!

• Haha 3

As the two HCO made their way inside to their left was a larger window, an reception-like room with a wall tag that read “Lt. Tobat’s” with “QuarterMaster” below it. Toxin was a bit excited to see his old roommate and quickly stepped forward. On the window hung a PADD that read “Back in Five”. oO Oh Tobats same old guy. Oo Toxin had no doubts that Tobats was out rhyming or scheming up some great trade with their stellar neighbors, he had faith in Tobats’s abilities.

With the recent reveal to the crew just who Lt. Tobat's is, this was just a wonderful work in.

• Like 1

Now he was close to the slightly unkempt Nilsen; he could see the slight twinkle in his pale blue eyes…a live intelligence behind them – as if connections were constantly being made and then rewired.

Sometimes a line just strikes something inside you, the end of this one really did and I can't explain it!

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Lt Aine Olive Sherlock said:

Sometimes a line just strikes something inside you, the end of this one really did and I can't explain it!

I literally just made a post about that line. OMG! @Alexander BrodieHow dare you write so good? 

• Like 1

Etan: =/\= This is Etan. =/\=

A timid voice that Iljor could not place filtered through the device’s speakers.

Officer: =/\= Commander, I’m really sorry to interrupt your evening but could you come down to Cetacean Ops? Lieutenant Tobats has… gone for a swim. Again. =/\=

Tobats!

• Haha 2

Toxin was once again surprised, oO Definitely need a door chime! Oo. He could tell by the expression Lhandon was making that he was trying his hand at telepathy again, oO no matter how many times I tell him, we’ll never have it! At least not without genetic changes Oo.

@Toxin Arlill over here just casually crushing my hopes and dreams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nilsen: Alright here we go. ::smiling:: don't tell anyone about this. </\> Gaultian Apple juice, boxed. With a bendy straw. </\> ::looks at Herrick:: Make that two

Not just a straw, but a BENDY straw.

• Like 1

Blinking, the Cardassian and Bajoran hybrid turned her dark eyes to Nilsen.  She had no idea what the Top Gun Anthem was, though she knew what a gun was.  Although it was ancient, it had been mentioned in history as a precursor to the phaser, and almost all civilisations had something similar, if called different names. Was this some sort of ultimate gun that had existed at one point, so effective and deadly that they had given it an anthem?  And why would that be their song?  

Just...this. The joy that line brought me. @Alora DeVeau

• Haha 3

This line from @Toz made me chuckle:

It had been a crazy few days. The awards ceremony where she’d had two -two!- glasses of the sparkling wine. It sure had tasted good.

Somebody alert the church elders! 😆

• Haha 3