• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

"Don't Eat The Mushrooms" and other sage advice from the USS Oumuamua

Quips, quotes, advice, it all goes here!  What's happening on the Oumuamua?  And should we be afraid? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ulasso: I accuse John of committing the crime in the Hotel Room with the Syringe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kel had found that he and Saurian Brandy did not mix well.  There had been an incident…noodles had been involved.

I want to know that story.  Backsim maybe? 😄

Edited by Alora DeVeau
wrong line
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Kel:  Yes, but we may not need to examine millions of compounds because Saurian Brandy is made from Saurian wine which is made from Saurian Grapes and a fungus that infects those grapes, Plasmopara viticola, has Z-DNA to carry its genomic information.  The grapes have developed a natural compound to defend against the fungus.  I think the Brandy flush could actually inhibit the things growth and that can buy us time.  Time to reach out to Okaea.    ::looking at the analyzer screen again::  This little guy is also pumping out a load of psychotropic agents.  I'm not sure what happens if we rip it out.  We may want to slowly kill it instead.

Ulasso couldn't believe the Brandy really was a possible solution...and of course his friend had known about the fungi. 

It's all about the mushrooms.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

She turned, waving her padd and calling out to the room. 

Johnson: Where’s my team?  Flosoom, Jehsym, let’s regroup!

Starting to worry that Lt. Sasha Johnson is secretly an Okaean Sea Witch.

• Haha 2

Wes and Staff Sergeant Sarah Rodriguez were deep in discussion with a handful of other Marines on the finer points of boarding scenarios. It was a training technique called a tabletop exercise. A map of a cargo liner was displayed on the wall monitor and they were facing down a written scenario where step by step the group planned out a combat action. The point up for discussion currently was how exactly to board. 

Who's the bard?  I hope you have a cleric in the party.

• Like 1

Kel: oO Greave's becoming mute was probably a lot to hope for. Oo

*dies laughing*

• Like 1

I really loved this juxtaposition in the scene between what Toz was thinking and what Kel was thinking:

Toz was satisfied with the answer. Kel knew what he was doing.

Toz seemed satisfied with the answer, But Kel felt like he had no idea what he was doing. It was an oversight. Perhaps it would be best for him to turn the mission over to Peri. At that moment her comm badge went off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Corelli: Right, this is going to be an at warp external examination and repair mission, but the velocities are relative. Should be like crossing the hall with pretty colors.  We will treat this as an hostile environment Class D mountaineering expedition, with full environmental damage protocol.  No magboots.  Tether to your buddy, grab the oversized tool kits.  

See, nothing to it.  Right?

• Like 1

Corelli: Nijal, still with me? How does it feel to be flying more than 2 billion kilometers per hour?

I can't even

• Haha 2

Corelli started his own test by reaching down and touching the energy field.  He found he could push through it with his fingers, and it behaved like clouds, or noble gasses, wafting about, then reforming.  However, with faster movement, the barrier stopped him touching the underlying structure. Cabrillo watched as the Lieutenant moved his fingers and hand around testing the barrier. oO Well, he didn’t die so that’s a plus. Oo

• Like 1

Ulasso: Interesting that you ask, Commander. It is hard to say really, my first duty shift on the Thor was mostly a crash landing in which Major Greaves took over the helm to go down with the ship. Then with the 'Oumuamua, it was an intercept course followed by a brief skirmish with the UDP vessel. I hope to have more time with the 'Oumuamua to get to know her better, but from what I experienced her maneuverability under manual control made me feel like a leaf on the wind.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"Ensign Zale was not prepared for any temporal affairs; if they were planned or part of some type of training exercise that would be a bit more welcomed. But with a mysterious ship being the possible cause, no, she was not prepared for what might happen. They could be transported two seconds in the past, fifty years to the future, or back in the 1800’s, wearing fifty layers of clothing, drinking tea, and trying to impress various gentlemen with her skills on the pianoforte"

Lol.  I bet Tish has mad pianoforte skills.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Kel: ::looking at Ulasso:: Alright. I'll admit it we can't rule out vegetarian space vampires.

bunnicula.jpg

• Haha 3

Toz: Can anyone understand that? ::beat:: That’s worse than Klingon opera. 

While she loved her father dearly, she couldn’t tolerate him singing that awful opera. 

Now wait a second, opera is BEAUTIFUL!  Toz and me are about to get in a fight. 😄

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Corelli: Remember rule number 4 Jack!

Rule number 4? Jack was confident he knew all the flight protocols but he was not sure what rule number 4 was, at least not what Corelli was talking about. He thought for a second and then decided he’d just have to go with what he knew.

Ulasso: Inertial dampeners are being pushed to maximum, the York will hold however.  Taking manual control of them to compensate for the wind speed. Deflectors are holding at 75%.

Kessler: If you have a secret, don’t tell anyone?

Corelli: DON'T PANIC!

Also, don't forget your towel!

Greaves: V’Len, why don’t you head down to Engineering and take charge of this.

Kel: ::chuckling::  Damn it Major, I'm a doctor not a warp engineer ::laughing::  

I love nods to TOS!  ❤️ McCoy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rodriguez: I don’t see that working. What, we just jab a power cable into a root and hope for the best?  

Yes.

• Haha 2

Rouiancet: Grand Matriarch, Grand Patriarch, could you (beat) consume some of our technology? Or your shepherds? (another beat) We might be able to interface that way, once the necessary connections have been made -- not with Starfleet tech, but via Eesse organic connections. 

This time Sarah did an even worse job of hiding her incredulity. Was the Commander really suggesting that they feed some power cables to the Eesse?  

Also yes.  

YUM.

• Haha 2

Jay really cracked me up with this one.

He slammed a palm into his face.  Berglijð attempted to do the same, slowly, trying to blend in and learn the human expressions of body language.

Toz/Katsim: Response

Berglijð: Is this helpful in some way?

He continued to gently mash his pod into the base of his eye stalks.

Brodie: You see all those greyed out regions…they should be bright green. We’re not at alert stauts so I assume we’re not under attack. ::He tapped his commbadge:: =/\= Brodie to engineering. ‘m in the science labs with Lieutenant Katsim and Doctor Toz. We’re seeing some widespread power drain on deck nine…and we don’t think it’s anything we’ve done…the EPS grid look pretty dim – any light you can shed on that? =/\=

Kel:  =/\= Commander.  I was just about to call you.  I'm with Ensigns Nijal and Cabrillo now in the Jefferies tube  (hesitates) above you (beat) or below you?  It's one of those. =/\=

Toz: ::quietly:: Good. Now fix it. 

I just love saucy Toz.  Her little snarky quick crack me up.

Brodie: ::To himself:: Oh…my…god…

He slammed a palm into his face.  Berglijð attempted to do the same, slowly, trying to blend in and learn the human expressions of body language.

Toz/Katsim: Response

Berglijð: Is this helpful in some way?

He continued to gently mash his pod into the base of his eye stalks.

• Haha 1