• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

"Don't Eat The Mushrooms" and other sage advice from the USS Oumuamua

Kel:  =/\= Commander.  I was just about to call you.  I'm with Ensigns Nijal and Cabrillo now in the Jefferies tube  (hesitates) above you (beat) or below you?  It's one of those. =/\=

Toz: ::quietly:: Good. Now fix it. 

Bring on the snark!

V’Len looked out to the stage again. An unfamiliar ensign was finishing up some type of violin concerto. This one had been proceeded by 4 such concertos for various stringed instruments and one sung aria. V’Len was deeply concerned with the way Ulasso’s and his contribution would be received.

What's wrong with classical music? 😛

Also, which aria?  WHICH ONE?  I MUST KNOW

• Haha 1

V’Len looked over at the shot of Saurian brandy perched on a nearby table. They were secured behind a curtain, which was probably for the best. Instead of his usual uniform V’Len wore a sleeveless black and white shirt with black pants. The pants were meant to look like leather. Thankfully they were not. Ulasso wore brilliant red and white pants with suspenders along with a black sleeveless shirt as well. He brought it all together with a long black and white zebra striped scarf that was wrapped around his neck and fell over both his shoulders.

I have visions in my head...

• Haha 1

@Alora DeVeau

Evidently both Ulasso and Rox were in a hurry, though Peri wasn’t quite sure why.  It wasn’t as if they had managed to offend some raging overlord.  Unless they had done something to V’Airu…

HEY.

She doesn't rage.

She's a very quiet overlord.

• Haha 2

It wasn’t any of Toz’s interests but she was game to try any of it… Nah. No she wasn’t. No singing; they’d laugh her out of the lounge. Even the computer had asked if she was injured the last time she belted out one of her favourite songs. 

As a singer this made me laugh. 😄

• Haha 1

At the entrance of the bar stood 4 beings.  All in Federations uniforms and Nelv was fairly sure he had seen the bald one on a screen during the events on the ocean world.  He seemed to be with his two wives and another purple creature, perhaps his pet.  Anger began to build up inside Nelv and he stood up trembling.  The Federations were standing at the bar now.  

Wes has a harem and a pet. Moving on up in the world.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Personal log: supplemental.  I stand here because the doctor said I had to. 

I don't know why, this just tickled me.

• Haha 4

From a sim title:

Maj Wes Greaves – To Those About to Die…

Well that sounds ominous.

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Nelv: Boosk, Boosk.  Don't shoot me!  I think my toe twitched.  Bring the federation here (beat) I'll bite his kneecaps off.

For context, Don/Kel's NPC was paralyzed from the neck down.   And as I read this line, I had visions in my head...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-AIeHW5qjqc0/VEPuIK8bBFI/AAAAAAAAAUg/roxzQYW5lgs/s1600/Black-Knight.gif

• Haha 1

From @Alora DeVeau

Basilia: Might raise a few questions, a Counselor, a Nurse and a Security officer deciding to take a walk on the hull with phasers.

Nesre couldn’t help but giggle a little at the image that popped into her head.  

Salo: A counsellor, a nurse, and a security officer walk out to the hull…it sounds like the beginning of a joke.

I was thinking the exact same thing!!! You beat me to it.  I'm not sure what the punchline is though.  

• Haha 2

Right out of the gate @Mairi Douglas hits gold.

Douglas: So what's it really like out here in the Gamma quadrant? How does it compare to... hmm

oO The brochure? Probably too informal... Uh... The intelligence? I don't want to imply Starfleet Intelligence is no good. They do good work. Oo

Douglas: ...to what you expected.

oO Good one. Oo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I appreciated the cross over between these two shore leave sims.  Well done @Kammus Corelli and @Mairi Douglas.  

((Exterior Oumuamau))

They got to work setting up the torch. Once everything was in place Isabelle made a few adjustments to the power level. The last thing they wanted was to scorch the hull, or worse burn through the plating. A light graze should be sufficient enough. Confident that the power settings were correct, Isabelle handed the torch to Rox.

Salo: =/\=Sounds like you’re getting to work. Thus far, it’s very quiet here.=/\=

Basilia: Appreciate the lookout Nesre. We’re just starting the burn now.

With everything set up and ready to go, Rox knelt down and sparks began to fly as the torch’s flame touched the hull.

Rox: It's supposed to do this right?

Salo: =/\=Is everything all right? =/\=

Basilia: Perfectly normal. Just take it nice and slow.

Rox carefully printed her name on the deck, then added a small line in the lower left quadrant of the "O".  Thus "RQX was not indelibly etched into the hull of the USS Oumuamau

((Main Engineering, Oumuamau))

A small alarm chimed softly in the background.  Since the chief was ignoring it, she chose to as well. If it was important he would certainly put their conversation on hold or dismiss her to address it. Eventually though, the noise went on long enough that he did pause to check it.

Corelli: Localised temperature increase on hull panel 48-J.

oO Why would the temperature on just one panel increase? Oo

A lot of the panels were very large, but not to the point that anything (she could think of right away) would affect only one.

Douglas: That's odd. By how much?

Corelli: An increase of 479 degrees.  Normally, if the ship faces a star, the hull plating will swing between -250 and +250 centigrade.  But this is localized to a single panel, and that only means one thing.

Douglas: And what's that?

Corelli's experience was showing. Impressed that the chief engineer seemingly knew what was going on already, she leaned forward a little in anticipation. He smiled, making her even more eager to know what was going on.

Corelli: I'm sure you have done your fair share of daring, dangerous, and fun with friends?  I would bet someone is writing their name on the hull.  Right now, someone has taken a super secret mission to walk out on the hull, writing their name on a super secret hull panel, with their super secret torch.  On a low setting, it scorches the hull plating, but doesn't leave lasting damage.  Saw it all the time at the breaker yards when I was growing up. ::Kammus shifted his eyes to meet Mairi's:: So, I won't tell if you don't tell. Deal?

oO Graffiti? On a Stafleet vessel? Why would anyone do that? Oo 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From Toz's latest sim:  "Giving V’Len a look that only a Klingon can give, Toz took the padd and stared at it. "

Gowron.webp

This look?  Is it this one?

Edited by VLen Kel
  • Haha 2

From @Alex Brodie and @Alora DeVeau sim.

"Brodie: Most Scottish food is hearty…I assume it’s the colder weather. Most of it is high in fat, or protein…or both. I’ll not get into Haggis while you’re eating – it’s not for the faint of heart.
Salo: Haggis?  What is haggis?"

Why are we passing on Haggis?  I had a lovely Haggis (with neeps and tatties) at the Cluanie Inn near Eilean Donan and I hope to go back for another soon.  Maybe that's @VLen Kel's new favorite dish

• Like 1

Maybe I'm overly tired after work today, but I lost it reading this. 😂

Kel:  =/\= Kel to sickbay. =/\= Rox: =/\=  Eh, What's up doc? =/\= Kel: =/\= Nurse Rox I asked you not to answer that way anymore. 

• Haha 2

Corelli: This is an antimatter reaction vessel secondary regulation matrix with adjunct waste flow processing. But it was constructed by a child.

Toz: I have no idea what that means. 

You and me both!  

• Haha 1

Rox:  The Greave Reaper!  ::stopping::  Or should it be Colonel Greavous?  What do you think the better Tsunkatse name would be?

I foresee a long line of puns surrounding Wes' name in the future.  

• Like 1

From the narration of Avander Promontory.

I’ve been running non-stop since arriving on the ‘Ossamaumau—Osamohmoh? Omahmaurmaur? So many vowels.

• Haha 1

Kel: ::turning back to Greaves::  Oh, yeah.  Rox wanted me to give you a message.  She says Tsunkatse is on deck 15 and Bludo the Juggernaut is a quick win.  She also says Greave Reaper is the name to go with.

It's just inevitable, @Wes Greaves.

Promontory: ::sighing:: Fine. (beat) What will you give me for a trio of self-sealing stem bolts?

Did we ever figure out what those were used for? 😄

Promentory: ::lightly:: Does anyone have any snacks?

Because if you're going to go to a bar and get in a fight with Nausicaans, you might as be well fed.

Kel: ::gruffly::  I'm I have no idea what you mean.  I'm the helms men on the Night’s Remembrance.  I'm just here to pick up some supplies and catch up on all the news.

The man laughed heartily.  

Shopkeeper:  ::regaining composure:: No, I've met the crew of the Night's Remembrance.  You're way to clean and have too many teeth.  

Dead giveaway.

Shopkeeper:  ::chuckles::  Ok.  I'm just a plain, simple tailor myself. Vomok is my name.  In the market for a new suit?

Shades of Garak.

It quickly became apparent why the woman wore such a high slit in her dress and she pivoted about in a picturesque round house kick, her foot raised far above her own head, and knocked the Nausicaan out cold.  

She shares my criteria for a dress/skirt.  Gotta be able to climb a tree or kick some butt in it.

The easiest thing was the truth.  Kammus didn't lie, he couldn't, it wasn't in his nature.  His name was Kam, and he fixed things.  What more of a cover story would anyone need?  Pretending that he was not a starfleet trained engineer would be easy, but the less lies one tells, the less they have to remember.  He was also sure that Wes had a similar disguise in mind. His name was Wes, and he hit things. 

This will be on @Wes Greaves' tombstone.  

"His name was Wes, and he hit things."