• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

SB118 Ops: Quotations of the Week!

Velix: Sounds good! - Okay, I need to ask. Why is your shirt so rude? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

By now you all know I am a Lurys fanboy (if you have any other suggestion for their name @Arys and @Alora DeVeau write it down and I won't read them) so here's a double dose of them:

Zorkal: There’s a child.

Now, there was a *lot* that Arys had expected him to say, but this wasn’t one of those things. And because she hadn’t thought of a strategy as to how to deal with news such as that, she decided on sarcasm. 

Trovek: You’re pregnant? 

Lukin peered at her, taken aback by the question. 

Zorkal: No.

Trovek: …. I-... ::she paused:: … so that is why Ferri kept asking for my opinion about children? So you are saying you got *her* pregnant?

Arys liked Ferri, and did spend quite some time with her whenever their schedules allowed it, but she had noticed that the younger woman had brought up the topic of children more than once. 

Had it been anyone other than Arys, Lukin would have had far more control over his features.  He scoffed.  

Zorkal: I did no such thing. 

Trovek: ::smirk::Hey, it’s the logical conclusion. Not like you are known for your amazing impulse control with your oaths and all.

Trovek: Lukin, start answering questions with actual information instead of dodging them!

And that was the moment Arys decided to throw the book at him. 

Perhaps it was because he hadn’t thought she would really throw something at him.  Perhaps it was because he had placed a certain level of trust in this particular woman.  Perhaps it was because he was sitting on the couch rather than standing at attention.   Whatever the reason, Lukin did not escape unscathed, and though he attempted to avoid the object, the book clipped his ear.  Growling he straightened. 

Zorkal: Woman!

Trovek: ::mirroring his tone:: Lukin! 

Zorkal: You’ve just assaulted an ambassador.  Do you realise what the consequences are?

Trovek: …. He deserved it. 

She rolled her eyes at him and sighed, then approached and picked up the book. She was still angry. Her hands were shaking, but throwing the book at him had definitely helped. She placed the book on the table before sitting down next to Lukin and glanced at his ear. 

Trovek: It didn’ fall off. You’ll survive. 

• Like 3

Foster: A vacation?  Fancy that.

That thing they never really did, even though they were told to do so between every mission.  Because Starfleet officers were nothing if not stubborn.

Bold added for emphasis.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The First Officer stifled a giggle, and Ozai finally, *finally* began to believe this was her real reaction.  Velix had seemed to like Geoff, now DeVeau.  Was it women in general?  That did seem to be who Geoff tried to face-grab the most.

Playboy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Geoff:  Now you can call yourself a cyberzoologist!  You can study me any time.

Someone's just a little TOO eager.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Y’zyr:  That’s weird enough, it just might work!

Geoff:  I *would* appreciate a nice cozy face to recharge on.

Just leaving that there.  No need to say more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Geoff:  Next you’ll tell me you’re taking me to Disney Station!  It *is* the happiest orbital theme park in the Alpha Quadrant.

*dies*  Can Alora go?  PLEASE?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Trovek: Well on the bright side, dealing with hormonal females of any species gives you nerves of steel, as they say on Earth. 

I'm not sure if I should be offended or not....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Trovek:  So…. Like Vulcans and their very special time of the month? Month, as in, seven years or so? 

Yael:  We’re not as driven by the seasons as we used to be, especially those of us living in The Void.  ::of course, he meant in space::  Just… if you visit Denobula, maybe avoid late Summer.

He didn’t say that with too much seriousness, and Arys couldn’t help but laugh. No, she certainly hadn’t planned on visiting Denobula at all, but truth be told, now she was getting curious. 

Trovek:  So you are advising against the… uhm… cultural exchange?

So is that what they call it?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Perhaps she *should* go on vacation, and perhaps she *should* go on the *fun* kind of vacation. There certainly was nothing wrong with meeting new people, if if Arys’ social battery was depleted easily. She didn’t at all mind the idea of a beach, a drink, and a handsome Denobulan. 
There was a chance that Lukin would mind, but that was his problem, not hers. 

Now wait just a darn minute!!!

• Haha 2

Trovek: Actually I met someone here on One-Eighteen. It’s an Andorian colleague, Doctor Foster, and he doesn’t act very Andorian and he mentioned having grown up on Earth. I mistook him for an escaped psych-patient - long story.

I'm pretty sure Wyn gets that a lot.

*hides from Jamie*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Hael: Oh I’s like ev’rythin’, even stuff I ain’ even had before.

I'm...not quite sure how that works...

• Haha 1
Velix: True, but now he gets to be weird with a pet spider but the discovery of super special bugs. I just get to be weird. 

What's wrong with just being weird? 😛

But bugs are cool...and spiders...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Blackwell: I’ll make up a reason to do a barrel roll ::And she would too…..that was her MO completely::

DeVeau: I’m sure we can come up with *some* reason or another.

She winked at Zel.  Of everyone there, he was probably going to be the one having the most fun.  As a pilot, this was his thing.  This was the sort of activity he lived forward - and from what she’d heard, he was really good at his job. 

Velix: Just blame invisible time-travel bugs. I do that all the time. 

Darn you invisible time travel bugs!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Velix: It is super neat. Last time I got to do something like that I-… ::pause:: wasn’t even me. ::she shrugged:: 

#joinedtrillproblems

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From the narration of Luthas:

He was pretty certain but still best to ask so that they won’t be having a conversation of misunderstandings. Those were only fun if they were fictional and only if for comedy purposes.

Wait....

Edited by Alora DeVeau
Forgot to mention who it was from
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

That was a tall order, but an order nonetheless. She would comply, but she didn't have to be happy about it. Aine gave a very Maroney face towards the counselor. She knew this was for the better, deep down, she really did. She sat silently for a moment, pondering the orders before speaking.

Sherlock gave him THE MARONEY FACE?  Salty!

• Haha 4

Trovek: Have you cried? Screamed? Thrown something against the wall? Thrown something at Taybrim? 

Throwing something at Taybrim sounds very therapeutic, actually...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Katina: Well, no matter. I have to say I never met a human-bajoran hybrid before, it was… interesting. They’re bossy.

Bossy, but lovable!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Foster: … Dad?

No, it was galactic superstar Lady Shadonna.

Yes, it was Cade Foster.

• Haha 2

Luthas might be genetically Vulcan but he had little in common with his species’ stereotypes outside of being able to turn a single raised eyebrow into an entire statement.

They do have a talent for that.

• Like 1