• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

SB118 Ops: Quotations of the Week!

Y’zyr:  An engineer in the corridor.  She’s alright.  But the whole ship is….

As if the universe wished to add some comedic flair to the occasion a single metal panel dropped down from the ceiling with a nasty clang at that very moment. What did humans call these moments again? Rimshots? Yes, he was quite certain that was exactly the term. 

Dunamis: In dire need of repairs. 

Stop breaking the ship!  She's new!!  stawwwwhp!

• Haha 3

Tatash: Just point me where you need me. I’ll stand at an airlock and throw Photon’s at the enemy if I have to.

I *NEED* this to happen.  Just strap him into a space suit, lash him to the wall by a safety cord, and open up the shuttle bay doors.

• Haha 2
Arys was sitting in DeVeau’s office and marveled at the fact that she was once again bonding with an XO over her inability to keep plants alive. The woman was difficult to place - she seemed *nice*? 

Truth be told, the Doctor was desperately looking for red flags. 

Be careful!  No being too nice around here! 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Blackwell: Not familiar with the other two, but Tatash is an acquaintance of mine ::she chuckled:: We were on a rather strange mission together - nothing helps you get to know a Gorn better than seeing them in a rather sparkling frock ::her eyes glittered with amusement::

I don't care what Tatash says, he looks fantastic in blue!

• Like 1

Bailey: Well…I’m just wondering what you would think if this was actually considered a date. 

Wow. To call that a curveball was something of an understatement. More like… ‘a quick, fast punch to the face with one’s own feelings’. From giant hugs to being invited to sail to what he thought of their surroundings to ‘please go out with me, I really, really like you.’ Like, what? How’d he managed to wind up here in this spot, he wondered to himself. 

Dune: ::stuttering and blushing:: …oh?

Bailey: ? 

The speed at which her words tumbled from her mouth, vessels of powerful emotion she was practically setting sail on a newly unblocked [...] through which a mighty flood of emotion and perhaps vulnerability came,  Sheila was practically spilling the contents of her heart to him, letting them flow unhindered – and all of it was directed at him, for him. 

Dune: Goodness gracious. For how long have you had these feelings for me?

I love the insight in Dune's thoughts - the highlight being ‘a quick, fast punch to the face with one’s own feelings’

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

From the narration of Arys:

As a matter of fact, she missed her now that the younger woman was taking a quick break. Kherys was like a wall you could throw things at and see if anything stuck, or, a perhaps less violent metaphor, she was… the tribble you could explain science to. 

Warm and furry? 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Arys smirked at her own thoughts. Apparently, once upon a time, it had been a common practise on Earth for people to explain difficult concepts to a rubber duck (even though Arys was unsure what rubber was, and just imagined a normal duck instead) when they got stuck. The Doctor was unsure if the duck was supposed to respond, but there were a lot of odd Terran concepts she did not understand.

Ducking is a real thing!  Just ask programmers! 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Taybrim: I’m short!  And I’m sober!  I’m not going to jump up and start yelling.  Besides, calling people out by name unless you’re talking to them directly is frowned upon.

Tatash: We can fix at least one of those things, without the need for special shoes.

>.> 

• Haha 4

However, those that passed her in the hallway, in the turbolift and all the way to the third floor of the Unity Club, one of Thaleia’s usual haunts, in the San Francisco District, would have seen a shell of a woman, desperate for something she had lost long ago. And while many, noticing her unkempt appearance, tried to call out to her and offer assistance, Thaleia moved like a ghost. Limping with the unevenness of her legs, heels broken and one leg free to tremble beneath her, the cries for assistance falling on deaf ears. Eventually, she found herself arguing with the maître d’ at the entrance. Arguing, desperate for the sweet golden priceless liquid she had left so far behind. Craving the way it freed her spirit, allowing her to face the hard missurable, gut wrenching truths of life. Craving, in such a frenzied way that she was almost willing to beg, borrow and steal until she had another full glass, enough to quench her scorched lips, her throat like sandpaper. Would it be too much to ask for one more glass, enough so that she could sleep? Enough to ask for entrance to the club beyond so that she could lay her eyes upon the people who occupied the space? To gaze upon the men in drunken wonder?

written by @Sheila Bailey - Lt. JG. Thaleia - I’m still breathing. I’m alive 

Edited by Arys
I can't spell.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

He set himself to changing.  The hair was a lost cause.  It wouldn’t lay flat, it never did.  He might get it flat for a moment and then it would spring back and look worse just to taunt him.  He had better battles to fight than with his hair.

@Sal Taybrim - Commodore Taybrim - All Ears

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If pressed Sal Taybrim could, in fact, party like it was 2399.  He took a deep breath and gave those academy kids a run for their money with the show of alcoholic endurance.

Commodore Taybrim - Crowd Favorite

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Arys raised an eyebrow and tilted her head. She had expected a ‘none of your business’, an ‘I am going to see Doctor WhatsHisFace’ or an ‘I am an escaped psych patient’. But not that.

Escaped psych patient will be the answer for now on...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

She couldn’t help but sheepishly facepalm, but she was smiling, as her little adventure reminded her well of similar times with her own father, when he would inevitably claim he couldn’t beat the level, and needed her help to do it. She’d always thought he was simply pretending…and now she wondered if she’d amazed him with her hyper reflexes just as aiden did her.

@Prudence "Rue" Blackwell Definitely relatable :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Trovek: Yep, grew up there. Just think of me as human with nose ridges. ::pause:: So what’s with the name. Foster doesn’t sound very Andorian. Unless it is spelled S H A F O H T H A S H A and that somehow gets pronounces as Foster. Which wouldn’t surprise me. I failed Andorii twice and Graalek was just weird. No offence. I switched to Cardassian and Klingon.

I found this hilarious.

Friends at Academy had always joked at Arys was Andorian on the inside, which was a very stupid thing to say. She enjoyed the colder temperatures of Northern Finland and didn’t cope well with heat, but that was about it. 
Nowadays, the only person insinuating that she was something else than Human or Bajoran was Lukin. He found her pretty Cardassian, and when Lukin said it, it was almost something to be proud of. 

It *is* something to be proud of!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Geoff:  ::in his mechanical voice:: NOOOOO!  I was so close!!

Y’zyr:  ::sharply::  You absolutely *cannot* run around face grabbing people… ::then, less sharply::... without consent.

The spiders round little eyes turned on its head, little mechanical mandibles closing and opening as he looked at and spoke to the Bajoran woman.

Geoff:  Can I please grab your face?

Trovek:  ?

Y’zyr:  I’m sorry.  I apparently neglected to program any *manners* into him. ::then to Geoff:: Gunna have to download some *civility* into you.

He looked at Geoff sharply, and the mechanical legs sagged at being chastised.

Geoff:  ::sounding quite sad::  Aww…

Now that he’d gotten his thrills out, Ozai opened his palm, letting Geoff stand in it and walk up his arm some ways for stability.  Then he held Geoff out toward the person at a polite, non-face grabbing distance.

Y’zyr:  What do we say to the nice lady…?

Geoff:  ::drawing it out like a child might when embarrassed::  Iiiii’m soooooorry.

Y’zyr:  What for?

A dramatic sigh escaped the robot, and if a mechanical spider could roll its multiple eyes, this one did now.

Geoff:  For trying to grab your face without asking first.

I have sooo many questions

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tito: Then we have one reason to meet again. I wouldn’t mind jogging with company, particularly yours.

DeVeau: Sure, if you don’t mind jogging slowly.  I am *not* fast, not by a long shot.

[...]

DeVeau: You know what, I should introduce you to Wyn.

Tito: ?

DeVeau: Wyn Foster.  Shar’wyn Foster.  He’s a medical officer here.  Now he’s definitely a big jogger.  

Alora trying to get out of doing sports 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Trovek:  Well how did you *want* him to be? ::She gave Geoff a somewhat affectionate tap on the head. :: Was potentially homicidal something you were going for? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3