• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

SB118 Ops: Quotations of the Week!

From the narrative of Tito:

oO We were supposed to be searching for the anomaly so we can return, not making first contact. At least not us. Let someone else handle it. Besides, is there anything else I can do? I was a Nurse. I was a Scientist. Now I am what? A Diplomat? Oo

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They did so in short order, donning the suits, grabbing medical kits, connecting with the transporter operator, and then, they were showered in a spray of golden light.  What was revealed to them when it faded again was a beautiful marvel.  It was a ship, that was certain, but more than that, it was almost a living vessel.  Everything was coordinated and worked in with flora.  Rather than stripping it away, it was as if all the plant life was given priority, and the machinery a functional accent, yet also subtle enough that it didn’t detract from the beauty of it all.  

DeVeau: It’s gorgeous!

Alora breathed, eyes taking it all in.  And then that gaze, a gaze as green as much of the foliage that surrounded them, fell upon their host an they grew wide as her smile brightened with delight.  She had finally set her eyes upon a Risuan.

And he was adorable.

The tufted ears, the fluffy tail, though far larger than what she was used to, she couldn’t help but equate them with the squirrels upon her own home planet - though more about the size of a hobbit from an ancient book that she loved so well.  His sweet little snout and furred face was just almost too much, and it took everything in her power not to gather him into her arms, hug him and squeeze him and call him George.  Yet, she did it.  She resisted.  Probably a good thing too.  Alora really didn’t want to cause a galactic incident. 

Hug him and love him forever!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She waited for them to see her before speaking so as not to startle them. She didn’t need her helping hands to collapse and die in fright right when they got here.

Velix: So we know they’re …. Tiny pawed people?

Apparently she was not as noticeable as she thought.

Hael: ?

Ya’faemi: We prefer to be called Risu.

The oblivious one froze like she had just spotted a predator. Hopefully she didn’t die.

That wouldn't be a good first impression, would it? 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ya’faemi: :: Dignified and serious nod :: Chief Engineer Ya’faemi. :: Chipper :: I’d say I hope your stay is pleasant, but ah well we know that’s not going to be the case.

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

From the narrative of Se'vayan:

The Healer was uncomfortable about having them behind him, but decided to be brave. If the Toti decided to shoot him in the back, he would blame Ki’yara and Ya’faemi.

Gotta place the blame somewhere.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
The Si’laan was a beautiful ship, and something Neeya hadn’t seen before. The way organic components found place in metallic structures, and how the two seemed to complete each other.  The Trill wondered how the Risu society had not developed away from incorporating nature into their day, as so many other species had.

And then she wondered how they would react to someone like Y’zyr. Suddenly she was glad that he had’t come with them - it really could go two ways. Either he would be considered a marvel and an embodiment of what seemed Risu philosophy, or he would be called an abomination. They should probably warn people before he beamed over. 

Remind me not to get on Neeya's bad side.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Alora DeVeau said:

Remind me not to get on Neeya's bad side.

I think you missed that part :D

Neeya is a bro.

And then she was wondering if the other Trill faced that reaction often, only because he had a few… mechanical enhancements. Neeya didn’t mind. And everyone who was intend on being a jerk to him would be thrown out of an airlock.

• Haha 1

Oops, my copy and paste went awry.  It was supposed to include the rest.  I should read what I post shouldn't I? 😄

• Haha 1

From the Narration of Y'zyr: 

Squirrels.

Squirrels?

Space squirrels.

… 

*Cute.*

squirrels_in_space_by_byu2101-dano4ih.pn

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tito nodded and followed the Commander’s request, helping her with the needed equipment, holding the vials and containers she had already taken out.
Turning to the Healer and the Commander he offered a slight smile. Just to smooth things over a bit. A smile didn't solve problems, but apparently it helped improve their mood.

Not necessarily his, but whatever.

Never change, Tito.  Never change ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Se’vayan: ::nodding:: And I will come to your…. Ruhaba. 

Tito smiled and politely corrected the Healer.

Tito: It’s Rahuba, Healer Se’vayan.

Se’vayan: I said that. Please lead the way, Scientist DeVeau, Mister Toti. 

Tito replaced his smile, but resisted the urge to narrow his eyes. Or kick the Healer when he turned. Or teach him proper spelling. 
Making sure the Healer was out of sight he tilted his head to Commander DeVeau and rolled his eyes as if saying “He calls me Toti one more time and I am kicking him.”

Toti ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

From the Narration of Rustyy 

Rustyy caught the word ‘weirdo’ and turned. He’d missed most of the rest of the conversation. He glanced around to look for something weird. Truth be told, he’d put most of the things here in that category. Though, likewise would classify things as unique, different, unusual. His vocabulary had lits of words that to him, meant the same thing. 

• Like 2

Double hit from @Arys

First from Neeya Velix :

With a sudden leap, Geoff aimed straight for Ozai, then impacted his face.  Considering that he had that odd face mask *and* a helmet, Neeya found his reaction - him jerking back - a little over the top. Also, apparently he had sired the spider, so Neeya didn’t get what the drama was all about. But it sure was funny to look at. 

And this one from Healer Se'vayan:

Then again, he wondered what Tito was. He wore black, not blue, and was evidently different from DeVeau. A… dark scientist? 

• Like 1

From the narration of Tito:

Tito nodded and kept his eyes on some of the Risu. There were a few that had some things on their hands. He of all people knew how anything, literally anything could be used as a weapon. Even a Risuan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From Lt. JG V'Len Kel - Who let the engineer out?

Kel: =/\= Kel to Greaves. ::beat, heavy sarcasm:: please tell me the lights in my sickbay are yellow because it’s a nice sunny day and you wanted to let us know. =/\=

• Like 1

I know the whole sim got posted, but I feel this line from @Rustyy_Hael:

Oh he could hug her! Saved him from a horrible death, death by fear of bugs… bugs in his suit! Oh no… he closed his eyes and pretended anything else was happening. Who prayed for warp core meltdown? He did…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Kammus Corelli said:

From Lt. JG V'Len Kel - Who let the engineer out?

Kel: =/\= Kel to Greaves. ::beat, heavy sarcasm:: please tell me the lights in my sickbay are yellow because it’s a nice sunny day and you wanted to let us know. =/\=

An intruder! ❤️ 

• Haha 4

DeVeau: I’m sorry about that . I’m not sure what’s gotten into him.  

Clearly Alora has never met Tito before.

I could actually expand this to be "Clearly Alora has never met a Silveira/Tito character before" 😂

• Haha 2

Stable enough for them to stand around talking about it instead of throwing everything but the replicator at it.

@Yael, yet.

• Like 3

Rustyy turned to the polka dotted ensign with pleading eyes. His hands moved; up, down, weird little circles, he put them up to face to ‘whisper’ _stoooooooooooppppp_

We've all been there, Rustyy ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
On 4/4/2022 at 10:54 PM, Sal Taybrim said:

Clearly Alora has never met Tito before.

I could actually expand this to be "Clearly Alora has never met a Silveira/Tito character before" 😂

That's just it, she HAS!

• Haha 1