• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

SB118 Ops: Quotations of the Week!

Sherlock: We're in a friendly place. Really. What could go wrong?

You just HAD to say it, didn't you?

• Haha 3

Aine's eyes widened. Was this a warning directed at her? She wasn't planning on getting into a fight...planning. Did he read her mind about the cliff diving? No, she knew enough telepaths in Starfleet to know that was considered inappropriate to do. She didn't have a reputation did she?

Just a small one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Foster: I shall call you Master of the Sickbay domain, first of her name, ruler of the biobeds…

Keep going.  Wyn needs to give Alora some titles too. 😄

• Haha 3
Sometimes Arys missed Oddas. Sometimes Arys thought that she could create the perfect CO if she merged Taybrim and Oddas into one person. Maybe they could visit Denali Station and cause a transporter incident. 

We already have one of those in SB118. 😛

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

In his defense he had come to StarBase 118 as its First Officer.  And then stayed.  And became its Commanding officer.  And then picked First Officers who were equally social and gregarious. Introverts of StarBase 118, beware.  Taybrim and DeVeau would hunt you down and talk to you…

We're coming for you.

• Haha 3

@EgilRenot giving us all the feels 

Zorkal: Shall we go look?

Renot: We shall!

The group made their way deeper into the temple, slowly but surely. They took their time to soak in all the sights and the atmosphere with Tito bringing up the rear.

Three men from vastly different species and with vastly different walks of life coming together fittingly in the Unity Temple. And with them asking all kinds of curious questions and clutching a pink hornicorn was the future.

• Like 4
Sherlock: ::still thinking about the marble:: oO Who puts a marble in food? Oo Yeah ::beat, now distracted by the marble:: it's marblelous...marvelous.

*cackle*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If it was one thing Aine could relate to, it was hunger. She was always hungry. And always down to try new things. Which seemed odd as it never seemed like she put on an ounce.

And this is why we hate her.

• Haha 4

oO Interesting? All that means is non-militaristic groups hire mercs and terrorists, and the war goes underground. People still get killed. Profit over bloodshed? Profit and bloodshed. Can you really ever separate the two? Profit means deriving benefit where previously there was none; bloodshed means depriving someone or something of life to gain some benefit. Sure, theorize. Spend an entire career debatin' this link in some series of academic symposia. When it boils down, all it means is, money buys muscle, muscle buys power, power brings money. I'd like to think Starfleet could be an antidote to that cycle, but maybe I'm wrong. Is the Colonel implying we're just hired goons here to cause trouble? Oo

This is a fantastic little bit of narration on Nella's PoV on the Orion Syndicate and how the universe works.  Love it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I gotta shout this out because not only was this super fun to react to, but major OOC props for Sutter's social bravery!  IC he may not get the same high praise, but I'm OOC loving it!

Sutter: Thanks! ::not bothering to see who he had just stolen wine from::  

Sutter: ::He entered the center of the hall and stepped up to the lectern holding his stolen bottle of wine in one hand and his glass in the other.:: May I have everyone’s attention please! ::projecting his voice over the clatter of cutlery and conversation::

The chatter died down, and all eyes looked his way. Well, it’s now or never, Ray.

Sutter: ::filling the glass as he spoke:: My name is Ensign Ray Sutter, and it has come to my attention that ALL ensigns new to a post must toast their Commanding Officer at their first formal event. ::he found Aine and looked her dead in the eye:: Now, one might think ::setting the wine bottle on the ground:: this is a bit of hazing, taking advantage of a fresh eager ensign willing to do anything to prove themselves. But, regardless of that, and now that I have your attention ::smiling::, I’ll give my toast.

Ray scanned the room until his gaze fell on Commodore Taybrim. The Betazoid stared directly at Ray, his face emotionless. If this didn’t end Ray’s career, he was in for one hell of a dressing down.

Sutter: ::holding his glass high:: It is both my honor and my privilege to serve under your command, Sir. May I only prove myself worthy of your respect. To the Commodore. May you lead with your heart, your faith, your wisdom, and the knowledge that we will gladly follow wherever you take us. ::Ray lowered his glass, took a drink, smiled and returned to his seat::

Sutter: ::to Aine, grinning:: There’s your toast.

• Like 4
Sherlock: Then who would I talk to?

Man: I might know a man.

Noxwyn: ::with sharp eyes:: Then I might let you take us to him. First, Tell us who you are.

Man: Let me take you to him?

Emlott: ::rolling her eyes in annoyance:: Play nice, Owla. ::her gaze turned towards the man:: But yes.

The routine, without even being planned, was working. Good cop, bad cop is what Terrans called it. Nella as Owla laying down a threatening posture while Ferri and Aine would "charm" their way in...

Sherlock: Yes, we'd surely like to meet him.

Man: I have better things to do.

Emlott: ::smiling:: But do these things require you in one piece? If so, denying us might prove disadvantageous to your future plans.

...or maybe it was bad cop, bad cop, good cop?

This was fun :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Concerning our CMO, yes, it is.

Sera:  283 days.  Is interrogation part of your bedside manner? 

• Haha 2
Trovek: Not quite - looks like this wasn't created but found in the 
pac-.. patri-... animal.. horns.

You know, the things... with the horns...  ::waves hand::

• Haha 4

Sera:  As it is exceptionally difficult to perpetrate a crime in which there is no evidence, I am confident the culprit left some residual behind.  Which is the motivation behind our request, Doctor Zumagi.   

Zumagi: I have no qualms about granting you two authorization to my lab to investigate. I have nothing to hide. It’s accessed through my biometrics and authorisation codes. ::paused a beat:: I’m a little unsure of Federation tech still, how would you two go about using that to get access? 

oO  Easy. We simply bypass your security protocols.  Oo 

Not that we're doing anything sus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps he was wrong.  Perhaps Idan spoke the truth.  And Perhaps Lukin
was a worshipper of the Prophets.

I didn't know Lukin was religious! 😉

• Haha 3
It was exciting and somewhat therapeutic for Ray to run through the
setup procedure that he had executed 1000 times in the academy, part of
him wished he existed in a time when a lab consisted of beakers, Bunsen
burners, chemicals, and potions of all types. Sure, that time was
romanticized a bit, but it did not stop him from wishing he was there.

Soft jazz by the light of a Bunsen burner... I just love the imagery!  Bravo @Kabuki-kai!

• Like 3

Ferri forced herself to remain calm but inquisitive. Having been responsible for preparing Ambassador Zorkal for those present at the Gala, she remembered that Idan Vett was the minister of… something. Conversation? Probably not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Foster: Cracked ribs are just that – cracked.  They hurt, they need an oseto-regenerator and a good sleep cycle but they can be fixed.  The trick right here right now is to keep those cracked ribs from doing something nasty.

Sill-Con / Tito: ?

Foster: Yes, exactly, like breaking.  Because when they break they tend to do terrible things like puncture vital organs and that makes for a very, very bad day. 

He was already up on his feet, rummaging through the medical supplies.

Sill-Con / Tito: ?

Foster: Step one – no more trauma.  The breaks aren’t contiguous right now, and all the ribs are still connected to and moving with your chest.  That’s good.  More trauma can break sections of the ribs off so they flail around and basically play racquetball inside your chest.  That’s very not good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Alora DeVeau said:

That's the bedside manner I like in a Doctor.

• Like 3

The team was making significant progress. Now that Ivin’s data wasn’t mysteriously vanishing or corrupting, or his lab wasn’t being trashed or robbed, or any other various uncoincidental mishaps. Ivin was very unhappy that what had taken him months with his current tech level and whatever hindrances occurred, this little rag-tag team managed in a few hours. He was a little salty about it. Or a lot.

how salty?  >.>

• Haha 3