• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

SB118 Ops: Quotations of the Week!

DeVeau: What sort of things would you like to see?  I guess in a slightly different vein, what sort of things do you enjoy *doing*?  When you’re not on duty, that is.  

Sherlock: oOEating!Oo

• Haha 2

Lt. Cmdr. Alora DeVeau - We Can Still Call Them Bugs

Bugs!  Okay, they weren’t really bugs, but Alora didn’t care. Bugs was a lot more fun to say than ‘arthropods’ any day.  Velix seemed content with that monniker, so bugs it was.  Maybe once they got to know them a bit better, they could name each one.  Aly, Jamie, Bruno,  Sarah, Noelle, Jared, Traci, Kaycie…hey the last two rhymed.  Good names, all of them. 

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Sal Taybrim said:

👆I see what you did there >.>

angel-im-an-angel.gif

• Like 1

Dress formally, dress uniforms not needed (though completely fine for those who preferred them or disliked picking clothing).  

THANK YOU!

• Like 2

Taybrim: Galaxy Vue caters to one hundred and fifteen types of cuisine and beverage, and has over five hundred and thirty non-alcoholic drinks available tonight.  If you cannot find something that suits your palate and lifestyle choices, then perhaps you are simply being stubborn.

His expression was faintly impish.  Stubborn and humorous.  He would kill Tito with kindness if necessary.

Honestly, that's probably what it will take.

• Like 2

Trovek: =/\= I pet your tribble - not a euphemism. I called you an escaped psych patient. ::pause:: Also not a euphemism. =/\=

Just so we're clear.

Edited by Alora DeVeau
added commentary
  • Haha 1

Geoff:  Feel better soon, daddy.

Y’zyr:  ::trying not to laugh since it hurt to breathe::  That’s so creepy.

Geoff:  ::puffing up, eyes shining::  You love it.

I...uh...huh...

• Haha 3

Trovek: [Cardassian] Sweetling, remember what we said? Some people are pink, and some are green, and some are blue. That's nothing to be scared about.

Geleth: [Cardassian] I know that. ::pause:: Why does he have feelers?

He paused for a second as the universal translator worked the words out.  Both brows and antennae perked up together in a most animated expression.

Foster: So I can tune in music channels while I’m working.  

• Haha 2

Sal seemed to be really enjoying this. Though to Arys, in Aine's mind, this must have been a slow torture of sorts. It was not different for her when she'd been promoted to Lieutenant and given Chief of Security for the Resolution. Commanding Officers always seemed to make it a sales pitch of sorts, "But wait! There's more!"

Call now and you'll receive your own miniature model of Starbase 118 as a special thank you!

Edited by Alora DeVeau
chose something else for commentary. :-D
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

So that was the infamous Sher. Not that impressive, from what he had heard of her.

Rude! Going to have to have words with someone! 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, Sal Taybrim said:

Act within the next ten minutes and we’ll throw in Moby, Sal’s hairless tribble!

no, seriously, someone just take him… 😂

Warning: Do NOT google 'hairless tribble'

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Trovek: Oh, over there, that's Sil's 'brother' Tito. He's like a puppy.

Sherlock: Puppy? I mean, I guess he's kinda cute, in an ugly French bulldog kinda way?

Trovek: No, as in, if you allow it to pee on the carpet once, it'll always do that. Tito is the same, so if you feel he's overstepping a boundary, my advise is to correct it immediately. Maybe spray him with water, I hear that works ::pause:: for puppies.

Sherlock: That's good to know. Thanks for looking out. And if I remember right, he was recruited into Intel... ::sarcastically:: which means we'll already be getting along fabulously.

• Like 3

Sherlock: Also, what's up with the Commodore and Commander DeVeau?

Trovek: What do you mean?

Sherlock: I mean, they're nice.Like, really nice. Almost too nice. I'm not used to that.

Oh. That.

Arys sipped from her drink and nodded. They really were nice, nicer than... basically anyone Arys had ever met. It was a little creepy.

I think that's the first time Alora's ever been considered creepy. 😄

• Haha 3
Luthas: Finding it is Alora and company's problem.

What happened to TEAM work? 😛

• Haha 2

Trovek: Yeah, and I think you're awesome, and really, all you need to do is keep her alive. That can't be that hard. Put her into a stasis unit for all I care. ::pause:: It’s a valid approach. 

He coughed.

Foster: That’s a terrible way to raise a kid!  They need food and sunlight, kinda like plants, but with pooping and running around!  Hopefully not while pooping, but certainly possible.

Parenting 101 on Ops. 

Stay away from my kids.

• Haha 2

Foster: Holodecks are the devil’s tool and no one will convince me otherwise.  ::he said hot and fast.::

Tell us how you *really* feel.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

She gave the metallic badge a quick and light tap, instinctively stopping in the middle of the corridor. For a split second she wondered why she stopped. It seemed most officers did. Maybe something about walking made their hearing worse?

Yes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Alora DeVeau said:

Yes.

It's the Trek equivalent to turning the radio down while driving so you can see better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

DeVeau: We’ll be helping with the evacuations. We're not sure how much people know about the situation, but be prepared to fence questions and concerns. 

::Nella's face wrinkled in disbelief::

oO Fence questions and concerns? What does the Commander mean by that? Does she mean us to offer to secretly fence goods from the Fed to them in exchange for information or to weed out any suspects?! The commander would never order such a thing; but what else could she have possibly meant? Is it a cunning trap? Could this be part of some secret top-level plan to fool Terra Prime? Nah, the Commander would have said something, right? But.. a plan like that could work if we're trying to tell who among thousands of people is on the level, and who isn't . . . but that's not how the Feds operate; they wouldn't bend their own rules, except maybe as a bluff in extreme circumstances; this would be such a time, no? I'm not sure. What's going on here?! Oo

I found this response just really amusing. 😄

• Like 1

Tito: Mister Blake, our passenger has a social connection to Mister Mortimer. He was a partner in a company of geological surveys, WUTC. What’s Under That Rock.

This is just THE perfect name.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1