• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Denali Invitational Quotes to remember the Chaos fondly

Dekas

Ah.  Well, who knew what would happen on Denali Station.  And what happened on Denali Station, stayed on Denali station.

I think we've found our event motto! (and the particular context makes it all the more entertaining!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We've had some great taglines so far (including "Gott Speed" one). This was another good one:

While it wasn't like the Uptown club he was accostomed to, where everyone knew his name and a drink waited at the bar just under the sign 'Friends don't let friends drink Synthehol'- it had its comforts.

• Like 3

To say Lael was exhausted was an understatement. Certainly, she’d traveled with Maddy before and the little girl had been fussy enough…much less traveling with a 12 year old and a one-year-old strapped to her chest in a baby carrier. Kadain had fussed at various points over their weeks jumping from transport to transport. What she’d been thinking, she didn’t know. It had meant leaving poor Lieutenant Clark alone in charge while she was gone and weeks away from her husband.

Hoooboy, do I FEEL this!!! Been there, done that, not always fun. XD

• Like 4

oO Besides, Oo Avander continued rationalizing a defense in his head, oO she was way too old, an experienced commander, and we had barely interacted… Oo

Old?  OLD?  

• Haha 3

Kids XsayX think the darnedest things!

Edited by DrPsyPhi
Didn't quote right and don't know how to delete in my pho e
  • Haha 3

Cirus skipped over the part that the LCARS system had mistakenly likened his keystrokes to a self-destruct request. He prayed that did go forward to Ops.

Yeah don't do that Cirus, self destruct is bad. 😂

• Haha 2

Kuva: -which is why it is of vital importance that our seats maintain cushioned support all throughout flight, and that we are constantly vigilant about their integrity from start-to-finish. Next is subsection 23-b of paragraph 12, where we will consider the need for post-flight, pre-dock analysis and reporting…

Kader: Response

Lorana: ::grits her teeth:: Yes Kuva, we all know that subsection 239, paragraph 12 of the safety manual instructs us to perform post flight checks because you told us. Four times. 

Vitor smiled and shook his head.

Silveira: Apparently someone is in a grouchy mood today.

Kuva: ::quietly, putting his manual away:: It was subsection 23-b, but, right... 

Pedantics for the win!

(We should make a "Pedantry Pendant" to award!)

• Haha 3

Murwal: The racers will be moving into their starting positions soon, but before they do I know some of you will be speculating about who the favorites might be. Not that anyone would be thinking about making a wager on the outcome of the race, of course…  

🤫

• Like 2

From the narration of Silveira: 

The crowd felt like icing. But the thicker it got the less sweet it looked.

I just love this analogy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sherlock: I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm sure there's no danger. ::looking back to the screens:: It's not a Tuesday, after all.

@Lt Aine Olive Sherlock don't say the "T" word! 🤫😵‍💫

• Haha 1

Ksivi-Sava: =/\= No, that’s not it! The embarrassing bit is our zany idea of keeping slack on inertial dampeners… on a makeshift experimental vessel that has the manual nav deflector override right next to the emergency beam-out trigger. ::briefly drawing an outraged breath before continuing:: And built during an era when user interface design was still firmly rooted in the “Who needs sensible layout and clear labeling when we can just have yellow and orange beveled things sticking out of swooping lines?” school of thought! This is… =/\=

@Corey Wethern & @Ksivi-Sava YES!!! I literally spat out my coffee when I read this.

This is my gripe with TOS, They are just flashy things sticking out of various swooping lines. What do any of them mean??? 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Vahin: I should have brought a medkit with me but then one rarely needs it while having dinner. 

He thought of his last meal out and began to think that maybe he should carry a medkit every time he went out for dinner.

Don't go to dinner with @Araxxu Vahin! 😂

• Haha 2