• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2009: NOV-DEC] Writing Challenge

Ryan Horn

Good Morning all,

Congratulations again to our last rounds winner, Talus Rhun...who will be joining the judging for this round, and has come up with the following:

"What if the Cardassians had occupied Earth instead of Bajor?"

This could be a story on how the Federation was perhaps founded on Bajor..with Earth being the location of the wormhole, or perhaps the Cardassians were defeated by Bajor but took Earth. Or possibly that the Federation put so much effort into Bajor that Earth was too undefended to hold against a surprise attack! Or.... Whatever you decide... let us know!

Guidelines: To participate, create a new thread. The subject of the thread must be the title of your story. If it is a Work In Progress, denote that with the heart post icon. If your work is complete, use the horizontal arrow post icon. Items not marked with an icon or marked with the WiP icon will not be considered for judging and will be moved to the "Character Cafe" forum at the end of the contest. Your work must be entirely your own. No co-authoring. You are welcome to create any character you so desire, but they must be from the Star Trek universe. No "canon" characters allowed. (i.e.- No one who has been on a show.)

Want to participate, but can't start a new topic? Why didn't you view the "Read Me First!" forum? You'll need to ask a moderator or Senior Member to create a thread for you!

Length: No more than 3000 words accepted.

Beginning Date: Tuesday, November 17th

Ending Date: Friday, December 18th.

See Also: the Writing Challenge Website

Challenge: "What if the Cardassians had occupied Earth instead of Bajor?"

• 1 month later...

And as the Writing Challenge Team's holiday gift to you all... the results!

Congratulations to Lt. Jg. Kevin Breeman with the winning story "Real Lips", and to the Runner-Up, Lt. Cmdr Jhen Thelev with "First Contact"!

This round had a lot of late entries, but they were definitely worth the wait!

Mr. Breeman, expect an email from me as we discuss our next Writing Challenge!

Congratulations again!

Congratulations to the winners, and to all the particpants. All of them were very good stories, and a pleasure to read. :)

Oh, and your banners have been posted at the end of the Feedback Thread.

::grins:: Didn't think you'd want to wait until after Christmas for them either. *lol*

A little late, perhaps, but muchos congrats to the winners. Having finally managed to finish my entry, after the deadline, of course (:wacko9:), I was pretty glad I didn't manage to enter - the competition was just way too strong. Me hat's off to everyone who sent one in for this round - some very cool work done by all :biggrin2:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.