• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2006: JUL-AUG] Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

So so true... I've lost count of the times I've been up late because I'm talking to someone over in america... or more commonly 8 miles away :sweating:

CARA: everyone's been busy i think, that's probably why

EDIT: Yup Cara's right. I'd've entered had my connection been a bit more steady before the closing date.

Edited by Salak

:sweating: Sorry, I didn't realise I was still logged in as you...

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, I tried to upload one I just finished which is actually Cara, but I think I changed it too recently for it to want to change it again

currently Cara is back on DS17 and is watching the science department being trashed and used for a gorn base while a civilian in there just went mildly beserk with a pickaxe :D

ok, so it was an andorian with his 'purely ceremonial' ice mining tool, but it can function as a pickaxe :sweating:

are you in this battle toni?

Toni is on Sigma Iota II, where the U.S.S. Challenger's Away team (in a 1920 - early Starfleet theme) is trying to collect the Federation "cut of the Action" from the Iotians.

Kassa, however, is on the U.S.S. Triumphant, and we are battling the Gorn ships as they make their way to DS17. Our mission is to destroy the Iguana, which carries biogenic weapons, before it reaches DS17.

Hang in there, Cara, help is on the way. *lol*

I was on a film set Saturday from 2pm PST and left around 12am on Sunday morning, back again at 8am and came back at 9pm, where I finally had a chance to check email.

Needless to say, you guys knew well before me. ;)

Congratulations to everyone, as well as our two runners up!! I never congratulate myself, but I do thank the judges! :) After working twenty-three some odd hours on a different format of fiction, sometimes the little surprises are the ones that makes it all worth it--

(though personally, I thought one of the other entries would take it).

I won't steal Flt. Admiral Wolfe's thunder, the next challenge should be posted in very short order. I will say this is a favorite. (*big smile*) Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Dave Cody

(or Steve, rather)

Well done guys, and not only to the winners! :)

As one of the guest judges this round, I can safely say (although it is a cliche) it has been quite difficult to point out a favorite. The stories are so much different, even though the subject is the same... I bow at you all for your sharing of creative products with us all. Extremely well done! :)

Thank you, for taking time to judge our work. I appreciate the 2nd place win, and thank all the judges for it. Although I feel that my work was ripped apart in the feedback unfairly, I do appreciate the fact that not all of you had a hand in doing it. Don't worry Fleet Admiral Wolf, you don't have to ban me from the Challenges. As much as I love the competition, I won't be entering again.

Don't worry Fleet Admiral Wolf, you don't have to ban me from the Challenges. As much as I love the competition, I won't be entering again.

Your choice, of course :)

Rocar,

That was a foobar on my part. (*sigh*) I was accessing the Merriam-Webster Online dictionary and at the time, was reducing stuff left and right (the biggest problem was keeping the story under the word limit). I meant to insert the dictionary reference link once I had the entry under the 3000 word limit, and forgot. :( My bad.

LOL... I gotta keep reminding myself Starfleet doesn't incoporate the Armed Forces training of saluting superior officers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.