• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

JP Lieutenant JG Maddi Hyden and Lieutenant Commander Jo Marshall : Catching Up And Presenting A Gift

Brell

(( J. Marshall Personal Quarters, USS Gorkon ))

::After a gruelling morning spent with Cory, trying to drag him out of the funk he'd slipped himself into, Jo picked up a mug of coffee from the replicator and sat with a huff down onto the sofa. Running her hands up into her hair, she blew out a sigh and thought of everything she needed to do. Her eyes drifted to the Academy image on her desk; to the decathlon team, to the face peeking out from underneath layered mud and bright smiles.

::Action in mind, Jo leant forward and tapped into her PADD until the spinning logo of Starfleet exchanged for the outgoing subspace communication image, searching for one recipient in particular.::

(( Hydens Personal Quarters, USS Atlantis ))

:: After an extra long night the sleep Maddi needed had finally come, though she had slept longer then she wanted. She had slowly made her way to the replicator and picked up the large glass of chocolate milk. She smirked most would not drink that in her shape, but she knew how to work it off. She had sit down and heard the chirp of her PADD. ::

oO I wonder who that could be. Oo

:: She activated the PADD and waited for it to load, upon it loading she couldn’t help but smile at the face that showed up. ::

Hyden: =/\= Hi Jo! Long time no talk! I didn’t expect to hear from you. How have you been? What’s up? =/\=

:: Maddi was excited to hear from Jo it had been awhile. Luckily Jo knew how Maddi was when she was excited. On the other end of the line, Jo chuckled, voice coming through the connected line.::

Marshall: =/\= I’m good, Mads. How’re you doing? You’re looking well. =/\=

Hyden: =/\= I’m glad to have some rest. After the last mission and being slammed against a wall from an explosion I’ve needed to rest my body. Finally feeling somewhat like myself again. So I guess the rest has restored my amazing looks. :: she laughed. :: I got promoted so that happened. So why exactly did you message me? I don’t hear from you often? =/\=

Marshall: =/\= I got your message through and it’s been too long. =/\= ::Hadn’t it just? Three years or so since she’d come out of the Academy, and life had passed at a click.:: =/\= Congratulations on the promotion! They’re doing good shifting you up the ladder. How’re you finding your ship? =/\=

Hyden: =/\= It has been awhile. Honestly can't believe I haven’t seen you in Three years. Thanks! Well someone must think the same as you. The ships great I couldn’t ask for a better crew. ::She sighed:: How’s things for you? =/\=

Marshall: =/\= Good. ::She smiled and it was twinged with happiness.:: Really good. Life’s changed quite a bit since the last time we spoke. =/\=

Hyden: =/\= I saw you made Executive Officer! Congratulations! You’ve done some amazing things and I’m proud of you. ::She smiled.::=/\=

:: She considered Jo one of her closest friends only slightly lower then Esa. ::

Marshall: =/\= I got a package from you when we stopped off at Starbase 123. ::On the other end of the screen, Jo held up the casing.:: I’ve not opened it yet. I wanted to check you hadn’t sent me something like a live canary. =/\=

Hyden: =/\= No :: Maddi laughed. :: Why would I send you a canary? The package is not something you’ll expect. Just open it. :: She squealed trying to hide her excitement. :: =/\=

::The audible click of the casing snapped open and on the other end of the line, Jo was silent for a moment. When she looked back up at the screen, it was with a look of surprise crossing her face, eyes wider than usual.::

Marshall: =/\= Good grief, Maddi, where did you get this from? =/\=

Hyden: =/\= I had it made by a Master  Sword Maker the same one who made mine. Is there something wrong with it? =/\=

Marshall: =/\= No, no… It’s incredible… =/\=

::There was some rustling on the other end as she took out the sword by the handle, the inscription on the blade in characters she couldn’t understand. Ornate and beautiful, with a forest green hilt, diamonds forming in the centre. It looked sharp - she didn’t need to chance running her thumb up the edge to find that out.::

Marshall: =/\= I’m speechless. Thank you. I really don’t know what to say. =/\=

Hyden: =/\= Well you’re one of my closest friends and to commemorate that I wanted you to have something not only as a memory, but that could also keep you safe. The inscription reads (People Like You Are Rare) I have trained in the ways of the Samurai since the Academy hiding it. I was promoted to a Master around the time we went on our training cruise. =/\=

:: Maddi paused and disappeared from the screen momentarily to return with a blade equal to that of Jo’s. It had a crimson red hilt with gold embedded in the hilt as well. The blade also reading an inscription. One Maddi didn’t make but her teacher had put on the sword. ::

Hyden: =/\= I’ve continued in my training to learn more and more, however, this is my blade. The inscription put on by my master. It says The blade that’s joined the old warrior with the new. You’re truly one of my closest friends and though I barely get to see you. I wanted you to have something to always remember me. =/\=

:: Maddi smiled and expertly sheathed the sword setting it down out of view. She knew it had shocked Jo, but she was glad she had the ability to give her something that would make a lasting impression. ::

::And it had! With a reverence of something so precious, Jo held the sword in her hands and watched the reflections of the lights above her head bounce off the perfectly honed steel. Incredibly beautiful, Jo momentarily flitted her eyes are her quarters, trying to think of the perfect place to put it. When her attention came back to the screen, she beamed.::

Marshall: =/\= It’s hard to forget the Cadet I had to drop kick out of bed twice a week. =/\=

Hyden: =/\= I don’t know what you are even talking about. :: She winked. :: =/\=

Marshall: =/\= Oh no you don’t. All the discipline in the known universe couldn’t get you out of your pit on time. ::The memory an all too clear one and Jo smiled a little wistfully at how strange that it felt so long ago.:: How’s Esa doing? Is she settling in alright? =/\=

Hyden: =/\= I don’t recall that… but if I was as you say it would make sense. :: The thought made her laugh. Jo always knew how to make her laugh. :: Esa is doing ok at least from what I can tell. She hasn’t told me any different. I do think I know one thing that bothers her though. She’s been trying to get the Symbiont Commission to recruit her for joining and from what I hear it hasn’t been going well. I hope it changes for her soon. =/\=

:: Maddi knew this was something Esa had always wanted and she hoped that it could happen soon. ::

Marshall: =/\= Good. Tell her to stick at it. It’s a hard process and she might be disappointed, but, hey, she got into Starfleet, right? Shoot for the moon and live amongst the stars? =/\=

::The Symbiont Commission was nothing but fastidious - they had their pick from the available Trill that could host a symbiont, to begin with, and the selection was confined to the best. Those who displayed the characteristics and psychological patterns that would sync the symbiont and host up perfectly. When Kian had undergone his joining, Jo had picked Erin’s brains on the subject and done as much reading as she could.

::She still knew next to nothing. Trills were a secretive bunch.::

Hyden: =/\= Esa is tough and this is something she has worked towards since she was young. I have no doubt she’ll be chosen. =/\=

:: Maddi was cut short by what sounded like a communication on Jo’s end. The soft chirp of a comm. badge incoming request for her attention. Jo was silent for a few moments before popping back up on the screen.::

Marshall: =/\= No doubt. ::She smiled, with a nod.:: Give her my best and wish her luck. She’s going to need it. I’ve got to run, but it was good to catch up with you, Madds. You’re doing great. =/\=

Simmed by

Lieutenant JG Maddi Hyden
Security/Tactical Officer
USS Atlantis - NCC 74682
A239511MH0
There is no real security except
for whatever you build inside yourself.

and

Lt. Commander Jo Marshall

First Officer

USS Gorkon - NCC-82293

G239304JM0