• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Week: House Hunters

Laria Herren

Poll of the Week: House Hunters  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Star Trek world would you most like to live on?

• Somewhere right here on Earth
    • Luna
    • Vulcan
    • Andoria
    • Bolarus IX
    • Betazed
    • Trill
    • Bajor
    • Qo'noS
    • Romulus
    • Cardassia Prime
    • Ferenginar
    • A space station like Deep Space Nine
    • Have a different location in mind? Be sure to let us know below!

The Star Trek galaxy is full of alien worlds and while some may be very similar to Earth, many of the more developed planets have a distinct feeling all their own. Whether you want an Earth-like planet full of beautiful art and architecture or a smog-filled metropolis with near-constant rain, there’s a planet for you somewhere in the galaxy. Some, like the pressure domes of Luna or the underwater cities of Bolarus IX offer very different environments compared to Earth.

If you were to pick one of the planets in the galaxy as a place to live, where would you begin your search? Perhaps a small house overlooking the Vulcan Fire Plains. Is a large city like those on Ferenginar or Qo’noS more your speed? If you’re looking for a breathtaking view, seeing the Bolarus ocean floor outside your window is tough to compete with. Or maybe you’d be more than happy right where you are, as there’s no place like home. Which Star Trek world would you most like to live on? Be sure to cast your vote and let us known which planet you would choose below!

While I prefer to spend most of my time on a ship to see all the wonders the universe has to offer, I wouldn't mind having a place to call home beyond that, too. I would probably be intrigued to see the planets humanity has settled after leaving Earth. With the experience of their past and all the future tech that allows a better balance between an urbanized world and nature conservation.

From the list I'd be tempted to see what they have done with the moon, so I voted Luna. But generally speaking I'd probably look for a large planet that also shows some success they had with terraforming and that also is an open society, welcoming many alien species among its citizen, not just humans.

Sami was born on a spaceship and somewhat struggled the time she spend on Earth to go through the academy. I don't see her settling on a planet or even a Spacestation so she'll have to pick some fancy ship one day. :p

Before I sign the lease and pack my things, I'd like to see the exquisite cities of Delta IV, with their domes and soaring spires. The Deltans live in metropolitan cities that feature high populations in close proximity to one another. Some may consider that congested, but I think it's cozy. 

utopian_metropolis_by_francoyovich-d98c1i0.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...