• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

2013 Top Sims Contest Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

Please use this thread for any general discussion or questions about the Top Sims Contest.

Do not post praise or criticism for submitted sims in this thread. Instead, post those praise or criticisms in the submitted sim's own thread.

• 4 weeks later...

"Tallis and Parker - Showdown" has bee disqualified due to open tags. Please see the note on the thread on how to resubmit.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If I recall correctly, one of the criteria for a top sim is a balance between dialog and narrative. Is that correct? Would a lack of dialog then disqualify a sim?

• 3 weeks later...

Is it alright to aggregate a sim before submission?

I guess this is actually two questions:

1. Is it alright to submit a sim as a single entry, that was initially posted in several pieces (assuming they all were posted in the relevant timeframe?)

and,

2. Is it alright to submit a sim that was posted with open tags, but filling in the tags with the responses that were posted in a different post?

1. If it was originally intended to be written as a single source sim (either by one writer or as a JP) and was split into parts for reasons such as length (separating it into parts to make it easier for the reader, for example), it is alright to submit them as one sim. If I've misunderstood what your asking, please correct me.

2. Not only permitted, but encouraged.

Edited by Liam Frost

1. If it was originally intended to be written as a single source sim (either by one writer or as a JP) and was split into parts for reasons such as length (separating it into parts to make it easier for the reader, for example), it is alright to submit them as one sim. If I've misunderstood what your asking, please correct me.

2. Not only permitted, but encouraged.

Yay! regarding 2.

Regarding 1, here's what I'm referring to. I did a single narrative in three parts, posted several days apart, each one picking up where the last one left off, labeled parts 1, 2, and 3. I like them enough to overcome my aversion to vanity and submit them, but they work better as a single sim rather than as 3 separate ones. Not to mention it would be weird to have them competing against each other. :) So what I'm asking is, is it alright to submit them as one?

• 6 months later...

The Top Sim of 2013 vote is still wide-open, with only about 21% of the fleet having voted so far. Be sure to vote ASAP for the sim you think deserves the title!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.