• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Writing Challenge discussion and questions

Jo Marshall

Post your questions, comments, and other discussion here!

*raises hand* I know you said not to include others but what about mentioning names?

"Well, you talked about someone named Vaala right? How are they" but Vaala herself is not in the story.

• Like 1

Does the prompt have to be in the story? I only ask because some require a work in, some don't for prompts.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Corliss said:

*raises hand* I know you said not to include others but what about mentioning names?

"Well, you talked about someone named Vaala right? How are they" but Vaala herself is not in the story.

Yep, that's fine!

7 hours ago, LtJG Aine Olive Sherlock said:

Does the prompt have to be in the story? I only ask because some require a work in, some don't for prompts.

Nope! Have it in the story or out of the story. It's up to you. 

• Like 1

I have a question, cause I didnt get the reference. What is "I always loved the wind…...until that mission on Telstrus 3."? To where does this reference to? 

Also, does it have to be my character? Like, it should be about Hayley? Or someone else?

1 hour ago, BenStryker said:

I have a question, cause I didnt get the reference. What is "I always loved the wind…...until that mission on Telstrus 3."? To where does this reference to? 

I don't think it's a reference to anything specifically, but Teller can let us know if I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, BenStryker said:

Also, does it have to be my character? Like, it should be about Hayley? Or someone else?

You can use your own character if you want or create a new character – does not have to include yours or reference your current simming environment in any way.

• 4 weeks later...

Does it absolutely HAVE TO be short story prose or can it be poetry as long as there's a short story to be told? I started writing a waaay more poetic entry and just realized that it might not be allowed. :C

1 hour ago, Ikaia Wong said:

Does it absolutely HAVE TO be short story prose or can it be poetry as long as there's a short story to be told? I started writing a waaay more poetic entry and just realized that it might not be allowed. :C

You can do that if you want, dude! 

Congratulations @Wes Greaves and @Hutch! You wove a pair of fantastic stories that kept me hooked until the end, and I loved them both.

And thank you to our judges and fellow writers! There were so many fantastic entries this year, it really was wonderful reading through them all, and we appreciate the time our judges spent considering each one. 💖

• Like 1

Congratulations @Wes Greaves and @Hutch! Well done!

1 minute ago, Quinn Reynolds said:

And thank you to our judges and fellow writers! There were so many fantastic entries this year, it really was wonderful reading through them all, and we appreciate the time our judges spent considering each one. 💖

Absolutely! 💯

Congratulations @Wes Greaves for you win! And to @Hutch! I enjoyed both of your entries. Well deserved!

Congrats! :D 

Whoop, congrats guys! Hard work this year with an awesome prompt, haha!

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.