• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Lt. Cmdr. Flynn - Work Ethic

So you wanted "Top Gun meets Klingons"?  Well, thanks to the talented @Antero Flynn, you've got it!

(Cue 80's slow guitar riff...)

(( Outside the Main Administration Building, Klingon Colony VoqmoH'tuq ))

Antero stood with his arms crossed as he watched toward where he expected an arrival from their greeting party. He wore a pair of shades called aviators that he had heard were quite common with ancient Earth pilots. The Risian was pretty sure he looked super cool, but he knew asking would ruin it. Either way, he was grateful for the shading against the bright day.

Kelrod: They could have anticipated our arrival. Think they're looking at us to check what they're dealing with?

Parker: I was told for us to meet them here. They will come, and they will be on time.

Flynn: You seem pretty confident.

Turned out Parker knew what he was talking about as before he answered they were met by two Klingons. He didn’t get a good read on the male, as his eyes lingered a little too long over the top of his shades to the woman at his side.

K’Jul: Welcome to VoqmoH’tug I am Commander K’jul, son of Mo’tuk and this is Commander Ch’otonn Bagorgh

Parker: I am Lieutenant Commander Hannibal Tiberious Parker, son of Ryland.

Lafizatar: I am Lieutenant Junior Grade Zhanyt Lafizatar.

Vanlith: I am Lieutenant Charlena Vanlith, adopted sister of G’var.

Kelrod: Commander Kelrod

Flynn: ::With a bob of the head.:: Lieutenant Commander Antero Flynn, at your service.

He didn’t bother with declaring the name of any of his family, that wasn’t his culture. Not that he had any they would recognize anyway. Besides, he wasn’t particularly proud to represent his father. The reverse was certainly true.

Bagorgh: And I am Commander Ch'otonn Bagorgh.  ::Staring at Parker::  Proud daughter of ::slight sneer:: Qo'noS.

K’Jul: yIvoq'a'! yo' qIj buSmeH mIw woQlu'jaj!  (OOC Translation: Be silent! Show respect to our guests and allies!)

Kelrod: We're here for a purpose, we don't want anything to disrupt our orders.

Bagorgh: The Klingon Empire has become as useless as a blunt Bat’leth.  That is why we seek assistance from Federation’s Starfleet.  ::Sarcastically:: Two blunt Bat’leth’s are better than one, yes?

K’Jul: Perhaps.:: looking directly at Bagorgh:: but a blunt Bat’leth can be sharpened, or broken:: smiling wickedly:: and you have already been broken…

Bagorgh: ::To K’Jul:: veQ jay’!

(OOC: Translation – “garbage” expressed in strong terms)

K’Jul: QaDchoHpa' tlhoS Wa'DIch. ( OOC: Translation: Crap always floats to the surface of the latrine.)

The Risian only found himself smirking at the Klingon exchange. He had been around them before and didn’t find the behavior terribly unusual or disarming. In fact he found himself a little enamored with Bagorgh and her...spirit.

Bagorgh: ::Gesturing:: Come.  We have much to discuss about the logistics of the prisoner transport.

Striding down the corridor with the others, he soon found himself in direct eye contact with Bagorgh.

Bagorgh: ::To Flynn, slight seductive smile:: Your smooth forehead is made slightly more attractive by your Ja'risia, Lieutenant Commander.

Flynn: oO The shades DO work for me! Oo

He took off his sunglasses and cooly slid them into his collar before responding.

Flynn: ::A sly smile.:: If you like my forehead, wait until you see…Erm ::He was suddenly very aware of the eyes of his team.:: My work ethic...

Parker: Commander…we all have attributes which make us unique…like your forehead ridges, for example.

Kelrod: Or a good left hand to deal with adversities.

Flynn: ::Pointing to Kelrod.:: This guy is on to something.

K’Jul: A shared victory is a noble victory. It is that philosophy which allowed us to defeat the Dominion. Something some Klingons fail to understand…

The fierce and...exotic woman ignored the comment as they were led into a large room with various Klingon decor. He wasn’t sure entirely what each symbol represented, but recognized the crests of a couple of ruling houses he had encountered during his time on Starbase 118.

In the middle of the table, a bowl of wriggling, jiggling, jiving and grooving pile of Gagh. The Risian frowned as Parker happily grabbed a handful and shoved it back.

Antero was not so eager as he hesitantly picked up a single fellow and gave it a little nibble.

Parker: Commanders…certainly you do not serve this excellent Gagh without bloodwine…and I’m afraid there is not enough Gagh for everyone…

That prompted a look from the pilot that said “Seriously, dude?!”

Lafizatar: ::diffidentally:: Not an issue, the chirality of Gagh prevents Mathenites from consuming it. Or bloodwine. Or.. a number of things, regretfully.

Flynn: ::Scowling.:: oO Lucky...Oo

Vanlith: ::Taking a handful herself:: it would be a shame if those of us who could consume this did not have the opportunity.

Kelrod: I might join you, but if this is the first, it's been some time since I've had a heart of Targ.

Flynn: oO Suck ups...Oo

Antero could respect the effort of his crewmates, but he couldn’t help but wonder if Klingons served this food just because they knew that Starfleet would lap up anything put in front of them in the name of diplomacy. He watched their hosts faces with squinted eyes at any sign of giggling as he chewed his gummy worm.

Bagorgh: It is not a problem.  We have plenty to go around.  The mech ghlq supplies the best Gagh outside of Qo'noS itself.  ::To Zhanyt:: It is unfortunate that you cannot sample the best food and drink in the entire galaxy.

Parker/K'Jul: response

Antero leaned back and watched the conversation continue, nibbling distastefully as he wondered if there was any chance of a Klingon brawl. Maybe someone would get mad and flip the table, he brightened at the thought of all that Gagh going to waste.

Lafizatar: It is not up to me to dictate the hand dealt to me, but merely how I play it. It would be disrespectful for me to request special treatment when I am the only species in the room who would require it. So I did not.

Kelrod: All great powers that have different species have to learn each ones limitations. For example, I'm quite fond of Chech'tluth, while others can't stand it.

Flynn: Ooh! That I recognize! ::He shook his head.:: I don’t care for it…

Being a drink flinger on Risa came with knowledge of beverages from far and wide, from delicious to potentially deadly. Chech’tluth was not one that Antero would put in either category, but it did make him wonder what a dinner party hosted  by Kelrod would be like.

Bagorgh: That is true.  If it were not for a former warrior under my command named Broral, I would never have realised the delight of the Earth food “burrito”.  But, while K’Jul would have you believe he enjoys shared victory, I wonder if he is suvwI' enough to eat a mouth full of spicy jalapenos.

(OOC: suvwI' = Warrior)

Parker/K'Jul: response

Kelrod: Might I be so bold as to ask about what you have in mind for the convoy? After all, you have more experience in this part of the Shoals.

K'Jul: Response

Kelrod: What kind of ships are we talking about? And how many?

K'Jul: Response

Bagorgh: And my ship, the IKS T'Kuvma.  It is a K't'inga class and almost a relic of T’Kuvma’s time.  But, we have refurbished it as best we can.  Our resources are limited, the area of space you call “The Shoals” is not the highest priority for the Klingon Empire. 

Antero perked up at that. The Bird of Prey had always been a model that fascinated the helmsman. So sleek and maneuverable, their style so striking and sublime. He had always wanted to fly one.

Vanlith/Parker/Lafizatar: Response

Bagorgh: Qlbmey’, the area you call “The Shadows”, has seen high activity from pirates and criminals, and they can strike at any moment.  They are opportunistic, and will not hesitate to attack.  Even at our fearsome warships.  But, your Captain Rahman and your Veritas has a reputation, they will think twice.  I do guarantee though that if battle should occur, ::slight smirk:: K’Jul’s ship will be the first to expire.

K’Jul: Response

Bagorgh: ::To K’Jul:: bIHnuch jay’!

(OOC: Coward in strong terms)

Antero Flynn was a social creature. Many times he had been told of the folly of many nights spent partying with various species in various locales, but he had learned a lot about the social intricacies of many races in that time. As for those in the mighty Klingon empire, it was his experience that they valued a bit of ribbing and good natured banter far more than careful etiquette. This encounter was reinforcing that.

Flynn: I’m certain I could do quite a bit to help with maneuvering controls and guidance layouts. ::He sat himself on an unclaimed corner of the table and rested an elbow on his knee as he chewed up a final bite of gagh like a piece of gum.:: But of course the real question is, do your Klingon pilots have what it takes to fly at the same level as a Risian?

Bagorgh/K’Jul: Response

Parker/Kelrod/Lafizatar/Vanlith: Response

Flynn: Well. ::A quick wink to Bagorgh.:: Just want to make sure my prowess isn’t too much to keep up with.

Bagorgh/K’Jul: Response

Parker/Kelrod/Lafizatar/Vanlith: Response

At that the Risian smiled, feeling fully aware that he was probably biting off way more than he could chew. Still - He liked the cut of her jib almost as much as the cut of her outfit...

Lt. Cmdr. Antero Flynn
Helm Officer
USS Veritas
C239205AF0

• Like 2