• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Star Trek: Coda

Kirsty L. Carpenter

Anybody else reading this? I got sent the first one through work and I’m about halfway through it now. 

S’pretty fun! It’s positioned as a big wrap up for the current Trek Expanded Universe but I’ve felt really that’s it’s fairly more accessible than I was expecting as a single novel experience. 

I’ve been slightly disconnected from the current EU aside from a few novels here and there but I’ve been pretty pleased with it so far. I was just curious if anyone here were planning on trying them out. 

• 1 month later...

I haven't read a Trek novel for sometime but there have been some cracking ones in the past, and I particularly loved the DS9 continuation. Ive heard from others that these are three excellent books, but they do give a fairly 'definitive' end to the book canon. Im not sure I could stand the emotional impact of that lol!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 4:57 PM, Jacin Ayemet said:

I haven't read a Trek novel for sometime but there have been some cracking ones in the past, and I particularly loved the DS9 continuation. Ive heard from others that these are three excellent books, but they do give a fairly 'definitive' end to the book canon. Im not sure I could stand the emotional impact of that lol!

I am just about done with Book I (I have like less than 20 pages left I think?) and MAN oh, man is this thing brutal! It's really building to a pretty substantial place.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jacin Ayemet said:

I might have to give it a read!!

I may or may not have ordered Book II and III 😊😊😊

• 11 months later...

I read the first one on a recent plane trip and have just started the second one, but probably won't get back to it until I have more upcoming travel.

I already bought the whole set, based on the premise and as my own Coda to the Department of Temporal Investigations series :)

• 11 months later...

I know this is an older thread so apologies in advance for the bump but I absolutely loved the Coda trilogy and I'd definitely recommend it to Trek fans looking for a good read although I do think to really get the most out of it, you probably do need to have read the rest of the books from the 'relaunch'.

I know that with Star Trek, the books aren't classified as canon but I feel this was an elegant way of wrapping up the aligned 'relaunch' novel continuity and doing so in such a way that the post-Nemesis era it created doesn't contradict with what we now see onscreen with Picard.

For me it was bittersweet though, the trilogy told a great story but I was genuinely sad to see this book continuity come to a close, it featured some fantastic stories featuring new as well as established fan favourite characters and it was great to get to see characters from different franchises getting to interact with one another. I'm very much hoping in the future that the novels inhabit a shared universe like this.

image.png