• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Ensign Jona ch'Ranni - A Time to Heal

((Jona ch'Ranni's Quarters, Deck 20, USS Columbia))  

:: Jona entered his quarters and sat heavily on his bunk. The hours he had been awake were starting to catch up to him. His apprehension at the counseling session with Lieutenant Commander Jolara had long since passed. It was probably healthy to get some of his issues out in the open. And the pleasant conversations with Mandak and Duyzer at the Look Outt had done a lot to lift his spirits.::

ch'Ranni: oO Guess it doesn't hurt to make new friends. Oo

:: His antennae twitched as he thought back to the message that was still waiting for him on the control panel. His agitation wasn't the result of being contacted by his parents. It was from not being contacted for the last four years. Their deafening silence toward him had been a knife in his side the entirety of his time at the Academy. It was hard to forgive such passive aggressive behavior.::

ch'Ranni: Alright. Let's see what they want.

:: Jona activated the communication subroutine on the panel and the console sprang to life. The stardate and origin point of the message splashed across the screen in the standard blue lettering. The familiar face of his shreva appeared on screen. Her slight smile softened the middle aged features of her face.

Nota sh'Ranni: Chei ... my son, I hope this finds you well.

:: Jona sat back in his chair and crossed his arms, waiting for the recording to play out. ::

Nota: I know it has been a while since we've talked and I'm sorry about that. Please forgive me. We have received every one of your messages and I just want to say that I'm proud of you.

:: She paused and moistened her throat with a sip of srjula tea that sat steaming in front of her.::

Nota: When I heard that you have received your first assignment I begged the others to join me in sending you a message. Jona ... it's going to take them a little more time. All of us were very hurt when you decided to join Starfleet. Right or wrong, we felt you were abandoning your heritage and our family's legacy of service on Andoria. Vorka, Spel and Mir all love you very much. Please be patient with them. They'll come around soon.

ch'Ranni: oO How is wanting to explore the galaxy a rejection of my family? It isn't! I wanted more than a boring life on my home planet. They should have understood that. Oo

:: Jona looked away angrily from the monitor and the recording paused its playback automatically. He was far more hurt at his parent's actions than even he realized. Tears began to well up in his eyes as he shifted his gaze back to the screen. ::

Nota: Jojo ... please. Give us a chance to make it right. We were wrong to hold you back. I know that now. You can do so much more in Starfleet than you ever would be able to in the Andorian Guard. You're such a good pilot, just like your father. You know what? I shouldn't tell you this ... Vorka simply loves that you got assigned as a helm officer. He can't stop bragging about you. "My chei, the helmsman." he says to our shipmates all the time. They just shake their antennae at him when he does that. He begins nearly every conversation with that - "my chei, the helmsman."

:: Nota smiled and took another sip of tea. She set it carefully back on the table and then looked back to the screen. ::

Nota: Please keep sending us updates. We would love to hear how things are going. And don't tell Vorka I said anything. It's our little secret. Love you, Jojo. Talk again soon.

:: Her image blinked off and left the screen a blank black as dark as space. Jona could see his reflection in the glass surface of the screen and could make out the tears that now streamed down his cheeks. He wiped them away and composed himself. ::

ch'Ranni: Computer, begin recording subspace message. Recipient, Nota sh'Ranni aboard the Andorian Guard vessel Marvassi.

Computer: Recording.

ch'Ranni: My shreva, I received your message today. It was good to hear from you. This message may take a few days or more to reach you as we are pretty far out in the galactic arm in a region called the Sagittarius Reach. I'm adjusting well to life aboard the Columbia. Let me tell you what's been going on these first few weeks. The excitement started when we lost contact with the captain while he was away from the ship...
cleardot.gif

-- 

Ensign Jona ch'Ranni
Helm Officer
USS Columbia (NCC-85279)
C239510JC0
  • Like 3