• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

2396 Olympics to be held on Earth for 500th anniversary

EARTH — For the first time in 70 years, the Olympic Games will return to Earth in 2396 to celebrate the fifth centennial of the storied athletic competition that has since spread across the Federation.

The Olympics can trace their origins back to Ancient Greece on Earth, but the Olympic Games we know today were first held in Athens in 1896. These early games were held among the individual nation states of Earth, and it wasn’t till three hundred years later in 2170 that the first non-human entered the competition, the Denobulan swimmer Lerus. It took another 70 years before Earth competed as a single planet.

“I am really excited about the games being held on Earth. I have seen plans for new stadium in Havana, and it looks pretty cool,” said Jonas Kowal, who was the bronze medal winner in archery at the 2392 Olympic Games held in the Andorian city of Lor’Vela. “It will give all my family a chance to see me compete together. My great-grandmother has never been more excited as she can’t travel, but I’m lucky as there is usual one member of my family at each of the competitions to cheer me on.”

View the full article

Edited by Roshanara Rahman
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.