• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Lieutenant J.G. Ganarvuss: You have got to be kidding me.

Lephi

I'm excited to see how this scene shapes up, but this opener from Ganarvuss is beautiful. I think it's a great example of how two characters can feel very differently about a situation.

((Chief of Security’s Office-Deck 4-USS Atlantis))

((Time Index: Day 15? of Shoreleave))

((OOC: All thoughts and opinions strictly IC.))

There had been an incident on the surface and Ilana was not happy about it. She was even less happy with how little information she had received from the Starfleet officers involved. In fact, almost everything she knew had come from the government down on Illara Prime. There had evidently been some kind of altercation between three Starfleet officers, one of whom wasn’t even assigned to Atlantis, and an Illaran citizen had died.

Ilana had called for Ensign Lephi to report to her in her office. She wanted to talk to her and Ensign Snow independently. She had no idea what to do about the marine lieutenant. Granted, he wasn’t part of the Atlantis’ crew, so it should be a Federation, not Starfleet, Security problem. Captain Thoran was going to be present at the debriefing as well and Ilana knew the pressure was on her in her new position as Acting Chief of Security.

Thoran arrived first and when he entered the office she stood, holding herself rigidly.

Ganarvuss: Captain. About the incident on the surface. I’m… sorry. I should’ve anticipated that something like this might happen. I’ll do better from now on.

It wasn’t adequate, she knew it but she wasn’t going to shirk responsibility. The safety of the crew was her primary duty and it was hers before it was anyone else’s.

Thoran: ?

Ganarvuss: Understood sir. In light of recent events, I recommend that no one be allowed on the surface unless accompanied by security or marine personnel. Preferably armed.

The door chime sounded, after Ilana stopped speaking and she looked at Thoran.

Ganarvuss: Yes sir. :: to the door :: Enter!

The door slid open and Ensign walked in, smiling. Ilana felt the blood rush to her face. What in the world did she have to smile about? She took a breath and crossed her arms, trying to calm herself. She didn’t have a full picture of the incident. Getting angry at Lephi wasn’t going to help that.

Lephi: ::offering a salute:: Sir. I was ordered to report here for a debriefing?

Ganarvuss: The Illaran government told us some of what happened on the surface, Ensign. You're lucky you weren't arrested.

Lephi made her way over to the desk and sat in one of the chairs. Normally, Ilana wouldn’t mind that, but between the severity of the situation and the smile on Lephi’s face, the Ensign’s readiness to relax nearly overpowered Ilana. She settled for clenching her fists.

Lephi: I hope you don't mind if I sit down, I'm not sure I could stand for this thing. I came directly from sickbay, I haven't had time to write up a report yet, I'm sorry.

Ganarvuss: oO You’d better be! Oo

Ilana bit the inside of her cheek to keep from speaking. While the situation on the surface had likely been challenging emotionally, it was no excuse to inform one’s superiors of yet another incident that could paint Starfleet in a bad light for the Expanse.

Lephi: It all happened so fast, I'm not sure how much help I'll be right now, but I'm happy to try.

Ganarvuss: Just tell us what happened.

Lephi: ?

Ganarvuss: Kidnapped? oO You’ve got to be kidding me. Oo

Ilana did her best not to roll her eyes. Three Starfleet officers, one of them a marine no less, kidnapped in broad daylight. If Ilana didn’t have a great deal of respect for the uniform Lephi was wearing, she wouldn’t believe her for a second. Being Chief of Security was going to be a lot more difficult than she’d anticipated, if people couldn’t even take of themselves during shoreleave.

Lephi/Thoran: ?

TAG/TBC

--

Lieutenant J.G.

Ilana Ganarvuss

Acting Chief of Security

USS Atlantis

A239504HM0

• Like 1