• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[Round 3] Remiders

JVannini

(( Unknown ))

:: McCall continued his walk toward and arrived at what he thought would be the last stardate. To his surprise it was not, the next tombstone had today's stardate on it. The name on it was Eskyys. One by one the next tombstone had another name of an away team member. The last tombstone had the name Rei Garrett. McCall placed his hand on the stone, which was not only real but cold to the touch. Only then did he notice next was a freshly dug open grave. The cloaked figure was now behind him and whispered.: ::

UNKNOWN: You failed them as well. Thy saved you from Romulus and you let them all die..

McCALL: They are not dead.

UNKNOWN: Not yet at any rate.

McCALL: I can't exactly help them here, send me back.

UNKNOWN: You have not passed the test yet. Until then you won't go back.

McCALL: Who do you think you are? You and your tests are killing people.

UNKNOWN: People's failure kills them, not me.

:: Without another word the cloaked person clicked his fingers. McCall was no longer in the grave yard but in a dark and damp forest, the sounds of battle echoed all around. The Intelligence Officer

quickly surveyed his surroundings, the battle was all around him but not at his current location. Given the visibility of the forest they could be a few meters away. In front of him were a number of bodies, McCall recognized the uniforms on some of them which belonged to the ancient Roman legions. A number of other bodies were probably from a Germanic tribe. The Starfleet Officer picked up the nearest weapon which was a Roman short sword as two soldiers burst through the tree cover. Both were from the Germanic tribe and neither looked like they were going to be taking prisoners. The nearest raised his axe, McCall stabbed him with the sword before the axe call fall. The other soldier charged with his spear and sword. The shield knocked McCall to the ground, the solider raised his spear to deliver the fatal blow. The Intelligence Officer raised his sword quickly and stabbed the soldier in the lower chest. the soldier fell tot eh ground and McCall slowly got back to his feet. The Starfleet option picked up a Roman shield to add to his short sword. McCall took a number of steps in the direction where the soldiers came from and came to oversee a battle. Given his knowledge of military history this was not in fact going to be a battle, the Roman legions would lose so badly that it would be classed as a massacre. That was assuming wherever he was

played out with historical accuracy.::

oO Why would I be here? It makes no sense. What kind of test could I face here? Oo

:: McCall certainly could not alter the outcome of the battle, even if he had wanted to. He watched for a few moment before decided it was best to get away from the battle. If his memory was correct this was the battle of the Teutoburg Forest and was not a place to hang around in. McCall took four steps before there was a flash, he was once more in the graveyard. He was now standing in front of the freshly dug grave. The cloaked figure was standing behind him, McCall wished his still had the short sword which had been left behind in the forest::

UNKNOWN: Find your trip educational?

McCALL: I was aware of the battle and it's outcome before the trip thank you.

UNKNOWN: A lesson of poor leadership and it's end result. His leadership resulted in that, yours in this. At least he took the honourable way out given his failure.

:: The figure clicked his fingers and McCall's combat knife appeared in his hand.::

UNKNOWN: You might want this.

McCALL: I am far more likely to kill you with it.

:: The answer did not seem to surprise the figure who clicked his fingers once more.::

(( Main Promenade - Starbase 118 ))

UNKNOWN: At least you will feel more at home here than in the forest.

:: A phaser beam missed McCall by a few centimetres, the security officer behind him was less lucky. A number of marines ran past, ignoring both McCall and the cloaked figure. The Intelligence Officer already knew the date and what was happening. He looked down at the dead Security Officer, Crewman Jack Montgomery. McCall then looked up and followed the marines, he already knew where they were heading and the end result. he and the cloaked figure arrived at the official Starfleet Intelligence Office on the Starbase, the battle was already over. Bodies of marines and Security Officers litters the way to the office. While McCall generally knew most of the Security officers on the starbase the death of those he walked the station with hit home the most, one of those was Crewman Matt Walker who lay dead in the office. He was not the only person in the office that McCall had knew well. Anther of the fatalities was Lt. Maxwell Burns, and Intelligence Officer who's job was to defend the prototype phasing cloak. Burns had been a close friend at the academy. The Starbase rocked as one of the heavily damaged marine vessels collided with it. During the early part of the battle McCall had been in Ops, it had not been his choice to be there, it was out of necessity, if Ops feel so would the Starbase. The figure clicked his fingers once more, they now found themselves in sickbay after the battle. Unsurprisingly the room was filled with the dead and wounded, Starfleet and civilian alike. The figure clicked his fingers once more and they found

themselves in the Security Chief's Office. McCall looked at his younger self behind the desk reading the causality list, the pain of the day was still very much with the Intelligence Officer, seeing it

again only reinforced it.::

McCALL: Your point?

UNKNOWN: I am getting to that..

:: The figure clicked his fingers once more.::

------------------------------------------

Captain Steve McCall

Intelligence Officer

USS Discovery - B

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.