• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Ensign Soriano - (BACKSIM) Reparing Bridges

Hutch

((USS Conny - Akoni’s quarters))

::After leaving Commander Sinda to her own devices (she’d have to check up on that later if she was still alive), she decided that some peace and quiet would be a nice way to end the evening before the early day tomorrow. She entered her quarters and tossed her PADD to the side to stroll over to her closet. Uniform, uniform, uniform, uniform… Uniform pajamas…. She realized sadly that she truly was lacking in any variety at all. There wasn’t much point in having civilian clothes when everyday was a work day. Even on R&R she would wander around the starbase in a less flashy uniform.::

::She grabbed the pajamas with a sigh and changed out, pinning her hair up into a messy bun. Her PADD dinged from its place on her bed, grabbing her attention for a moment. Another aggravated sigh left her. All she wanted was a nice sonic shower and some time to catch up on the science department reports.::

::Akoni grabbed the device and flipped through her messages, seeing that she was due for physical. She groaned inwardly and placed it as not important. They’d have to hunt her down if they needed her to get one that badly. She scrolled through the other messages, most pertaining to mission reports. After a few swipes, she spotted a name in the older messages she hadn’t seen in awhile. She tapped on the name and sat down.::

Hello Thomas. I hope things are going well for you! The Conny crew is finally about to get some shore leave after our last mission with the Orion Syndicate, if you haven’t heard from SF intel yet. Got a chance to sit in the big chair! But overall, I think it was enough excitement for me. I’m not really meant to be in the field. There’s a reason I started off in the science department! The labs are enough for me. Enough about the unexciting events of this ship. What about you? Are you still sitting in an office or are you finally exploring on a ship? Let me know how things with you are going when you get the chance.

Akoni

::Satisfied with the message, she sent it out. If there was any luck, the other officers wouldn’t send messages to their families until tomorrow. The systems on the base usually got jammed and shut down if the data processors were overflowed with in and out communications. Finally at rest, she set the PADD back down and walked over to her replicator.::

Soriano: Computer, green tea, hot.

::The machine whirled, producing the tea in a matter of seconds. She grabbed the cup, almost immediately regretting the way she held it as the heat seeped through and burned her hands. A few curses made their way through her mouth as she set the mug down next to her console. The interface was already up, and with a few taps, she brought up the recent discoveries from Science.::

oO Ooooh, another neutron star update in the Alpha quadrant. Oo

::Right as she finished the first paragraph, a comm call interrupted her reading on the screen.  Gaiana and Albanos Soriano.::

:: Akoni paused and re-read the name, wondering if her eyes were deceiving her. When the call continued to beep at her, without another thought, she reached forward and blocked the call. Disturbed, she continued reading the report. The same call came in again. And again, she blocked the call. What could her parents possibly want with her? She hadn’t talked to them in over 8 years. The persistent call came through again. The Tandaran leaned back in her chair. How long would this go on before they just stopped?::

oO Might as well answer and get whatever this is over with. Oo

::She reached forward and answered the call, waiting for the familiar, yet old faces to show up. A woman with bright red hair and a sharp nose appeared next to the more aged, grey bearded man with familiar bright blue eyes.::

Akoni: Mother, father. ::she greeted them shortly::

::Her mother smiled brightly and leaned towards the screen.::

Gaiana: Akoni my dear! Oh, it’s so nice to see you. It feels as if it’s been ages!

Akoni: ::passively:: Only 8 years.

Gaiana: And I’ve missed you every moment of it. I’ve been meaning to call you sooner, but it’s been so hectic here. I’ve been accompanying your father on most of his diplomatic calls. Things are heating up with the Klingons. But nothing knew there.

Akoni: Well I’m glad you’ve been able to talk regularly with them.

Albanos: Now now, ::her father chuckled humorlessly, diffusing the every-growing tension:: this is a reunion call. We’ve received news that you’re an intelligence officer now!

Akoni: ::furrowing her brows:: How did you hear about that?

::The old man shook his head and smiled as if they’d always been aware of her Starfleet status. It made her grind her teeth.::

Albanos: We might be light years away, but we do try to keep up with your life Akoni. And we wanted to congratulate you on your new position!

Akoni: You’re just happy that I’m no longer associated with science. ::she accused, realizing the reason for the call.::

Gaiana: We’re happy for you no matter what you’re doing. ::her mother interjected.::

::Akoni looked at the two with hurt disbelief, though she should have expected this. Her parents had never been happy with scientific interests. Not since the death of her unborn older brother. She’d spent her childhood suppressing her interests because of some freak accident that happened before she even came into the universe.::

Akoni: I don’t know how you can even say that to my face. You’ve never been interested in my life! Every accomplishment I’ve made has passed by you. If you truly knew what I was doing all these years, why not call and congratulate me at all?

::And awkward pause passed between the family. Her words had obviously had an impact on them.::

Gaiana: Akoni… you must understand. You know why we don’t share your love for science. If you brother was here, things might be different-

Akoni: But he isn’t! He never has been! You spend so much time blaming this silence on science, but did you ever think of the other factors involved? It’s not as if Tandar Prime has ever had decent doctors anyways. Blame the medical field for the happenstance if you truly need to. But don’t put an accident from over 20 years ago on my life! Let it go!

::She paused and took a deep breath. This was why she’d avoided talking to them since joining Starfleet. Just like last time, the conversation seemed it would end with more yelling. Her father surprised her with a calm and quiet demeanor, nothing but understanding filling his eyes.::

Albanos: Akoni, when you were born, we thought it was nothing short of a miracle. We’d prayed and prayed, and so the Gods gave us you. We were so afraid to try again that we decided that we would simply pour all our love into you. We tried to rely on the highest technologies and advances in medicine, and it gave us a near death situation. I can’t even tell you how afraid I was for your mother when it happened.

Akoni: But that was more than 20 years ago!

::The old man held up his hand, effectively silencing the younger Tandaran.::

Albanos: You’re right. It happened so long ago, and a lot of things have changed. Perhaps the world is not as we once knew it. ::He stopped and looked to his wife:: But who knows, maybe you’ll be the one to change the face of scientific discoveries. While we wish you would have chosen a different field, we are proud of what you’ve accomplished.

::Akoni scrunched up her sleeve and wiped at her eyes.::

Gaiana: Honey, we love you very much. No matter how many things we disagree on, we will always love you.

Akoni: ::sniffing:: Love you too.

Albanos: ::sighing:: Well, I think it’s time we let you get back to your business. We know how busy starfleet officers are-

Akoni: Actually, are you both busy right now?

::The two regarded her with a surprised look.::

Gaiana: I don’t think so. Honey? ::she looked to Albanos, who shook his head.::

Akoni: Would you like to keep talking? ::she reached forward and closed the science reports tab on the interface.:: I’ve got nothing to do for the rest of the night anyways.

Albanos: That would be great sweetheart ::he smiled and settled more into his seat.:: So, what have you been up to lately?

::She thought about the last mission and her chance to be Captain for a day.::

Akoni: ::leaning forward:: You would not believe what I got to do…

Ensign Akoni Soriano

Intelligence Officer

USS Constitution-B

C239210AS0

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.