• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Star Trek 2 (XII)

Bodan

It would appear that the next Star Trek movie has finally moved on from "Outline" to scripting and soft-prep. Roberto Orci hints in this interview at San Diego Comic Con that there likely to be changes to the Enterprise for the new film.

Orci Interview

Hopefully that includes a decent engineering set :)

How much casn they change the Enterprise without mucking up their own established alt canon... Could be interesting. I'm guessing with it being in soft prep that we could see the film as early as summer 2013 but more than likely in the fall of 2013.

I'd like to see them at least shunt the neck and saucer foreward a bit. That's the only real issue I have with the new E. I actually liked the industrial feel of engineering, seemed more real.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see them at least shunt the neck and saucer foreward a bit. That's the only real issue I have with the new E. I actually liked the industrial feel of engineering, seemed more real.

I personally didn't feel that way. I thought it looked exactly like what it was - the Budwiser brewery with some Star Trek panels added to it, and radioactive stickers slapped onto wort tanks.

I missed the established feel of a warp core - a single, long chamber for the antimatter/matter reaction. I felt like the set would have made more sense for the deuterium storage tanks and antimatter containment pods, but I never got a sense of where exactly the warpcore was.

• Like 1