• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2010: NOV-DEC] What we should do...

Minxing Shimisi

WHAT WE SHOULD DO

:: Rashuu was in the Lyaksti'kton council chamber ready to hear the deliberations of the supreme judges on what to do with the situation. The Klingon empire have been raising their forces the last years. Their alliance with the romulans the past decade had made a push on the northern federation territory with the aid of the Vulcan cousins. Before that the Klingons had occupied Beta quadrant systems of the Federation while just holding the frontier of the Alpha side.::

::Despite their tactical knowledge the Zakdorn fell unable to resist the astounding Klingon fleets. The Romulans had been really silent not even trying to brake through the Neutral Zone and that was something that the Federation and his own government were worried as they're like a Fox Hound preparing to jump over it's prey. The Federation was becoming the prey and that was something that Saurians didn't like at all.::

Ka'reen: Silence... the deliberation begins. The Great General Shakkid has the word.

Shakkid: Thanks Great Minister. Council, we face quite a simple question. What do we want to be? The hunters or the runners. At this point it seems clear to me that the Klingons are the hunters in this fight.

Layin: What are you suggesting? That we sell ourselves to the Klingons because you're afraid of them?

Shakkid: It doesn't matter what I suggest, what matters is what we've seen so far in the advance of the Klingon fleet and what we want for our people.

Layin: I can't believe you're asking us to let the Klingons invade us to ask for their mercy. We've made great advances and

Shakkid: ...and it's been great while it lasted, but we must face that the Klingons will be here in a month or two and the Federation didn't seem to have anything that could stop them. They've loosed one fight after another, only winning small skirmishes.

Layin: And what about the battle of Perseus IV, they kicked their butts out of the system.

Shakkid: And they're kicked back two weeks later.

Ka'reen: Stop this!! Great General Shakkid, expose your thoughts and suggestion on what we must do.

Shakkid: Allright Great Minister. I've checked the reports since they started their movements behind the Romulan Star Empire towards Federation territory, revised the battles and the last reports on Federation fleet deployment and intel reports. My conclusion, in ten years I'm not sure that the Federation still exists. Only if they're preparing something so secret that they even hide it from us, what will say a lot of who they're confident with, there's only one decision that we must take and that's to contact the Klingons and offer ourselves to be their allies.

Layin: :: whispering :: Better say subjugates.

:: Shakkid made a glance to Layin but said nothing. Rashuu was observant on how they defied themselves and found that the political conflicts could be as intenses as the adulthood hunt. It's time for Layin to talk ::

Ka'reen: Minister Layin, you have the word.

Layin: Thanks Great Minister. Despite the catastrophic propaganda the Great General had presented to us I believe we'll do good in staying with the Federation. We've a treaty signed that it's not just for the good times when all is sweet. I think that the General fears to loose a battle or even the war and that's why he didn't even try. That's his compromise with the Federation and with all of Lyaksti'kton people.

Shakkid: How you dare!!! :: Raising and putting his hand on the knife in his belt. The council held his breath but Layin didn't step back ::

Layin: I dare 'cause I don't want to loose our believes and traditions in favor of the Klingons ones. I've been in many Federation planets and in the Federation Council and I know that they won't surrender themselves to the Klingons just 'cause they're affraid and by the same reason they won't leave us alones and even if the Klingons get to our planet and subjugate us, they'll do all they can to fight them off. It's for this spirit that we must hold, because unity is strength.

:: There were rumor between the presents in the council, showing the the opinions were divided between the two of them. While the Great General was really appreciated by many ministers, Layin had made herself a place in the council and showed everyone that she doesn't speak without profound knowledge of what she's speaking and she usually was right in their assessments. Rashuu was more of the woman's thoughts, however he felt a great respect for the Great General Shakkid as he'd served under him in his younger time in the military. ::

Ka'reen: Both sides had been listened, the council ministers will retire to deliberate and tomorrow a decision will be made. Pray that we take the right decision.

:: With a hit of the gong the council was dismissed and everyone left it talking among each others. Shakkid passed near him and made a gesture for Rashuu to follow him. ::

Shakkid: Rashuu, you use to be honest even saying things that we don't want to hear. I want you to tell me if you're convinced by the evidences I've brought.

Rashuu: Sir, your tactical reports are undeniable and in a way I think you're right in your assessment...

Shakkid: :: Looking at the pensative officer :: But?

Rashuu: But, I believe that we've been so many time with the Federation to leave them this way. The citizens will find it very difficult to accept if we join the Klingons.

WHAT WE SHOULD DO

::Rashuu was in the Lyaksti'kton council chamber ready to hear the deliberations of the supreme judges on what to do with the situation. The Klingon empire have been raising their forces the last years. Their alliance with the romulans the past decade had made a push on the northern federation territory with the aid of the Vulcan cousins. Before that the Klingons had occupied Beta quadrant systems of the Federation while just holding the frontier of the Alpha side.::

:: Despite their tactical knowledge the Zakdorn fell unable to resist the astounding Klingon fleets. The Romulans had been really silent not even trying to brake through the Neutral Zone and that was something that the Federation and his own government were worried as they're like a Fox Hound preparing to jump over it's prey. The Federation was becoming the prey and that was something that Saurians didn't like at all.:

Ka'reen: Silence... the deliberation begins. The Great General Shakkid has the word.

Shakkid: Thanks Great Minister. Council, we face quite a simple question. What do we want to be? The hunters or the runners. At this point it seems clear to me that the Klingons are the hunters in this fight.

Layin: What are you suggesting? That we sell ourselves to the Klingons because you're afraid of them?

Shakkid: It doesn't matter what I suggest, what matters is what we've seen so far in the advance of the Klingon fleet and what we want for our people.

Layin: I can't believe you're asking us to let the Klingons invade us to ask for their mercy. We've made great advances and ...

Shakkid: ...and it's been great while it lasted, but we must face that the Klingons will be here in a month or two and the Federation didn't seem to have anything that could stop them. They've loosed one fight after another, only winning small skirmishes.

Layin: And what about the battle of Perseus IV, they kicked their butts out of the system.

Shakkid: And they're kicked back two weeks later.

Ka'reen: Stop this!! Great General Shakkid, expose your thoughts and suggestion on what we must do.

Shakkid: Allright Great Minister. I've checked the reports since they started their movements behind the Romulan Star Empire towards Federation territory, revised the battles and the last reports on Federation fleet deployment and intel reports. My conclusion, in ten years I'm not sure that the Federation still exists. Only if they're preparing something so secret that they even hide it from us, what will say a lot of who they're confident with, there's only one decision that we must take and that's to contact the Klingons and offer ourselves to be their allies.

Layin: :: whispering :: Better say subjugates.

:: Shakkid made a glance to Layin but said nothing. Rashuu was observant on how they defied themselves and found that the political conflicts could be as intense as the adulthood hunt. It's time for Layin to talk ::

Ka'reen: Minister Layin, you have the word.

Layin: Thanks Great Minister. Despite the catastrophic propaganda the Great General had presented to us I believe we'll do good in staying with the Federation. We've a treaty signed that it's not just for the good times when all is sweet. I think that the General fears to loose a battle or even the war and that's why he didn't even try. That's his compromise with the Federation and with all of Lyaksti'kton people.

Shakkid: How you dare!!! :: Raising and putting his hand on the knife in his belt. The council held his breath but Layin didn't step back ::

Layin: I dare 'cause I don't want to loose our believes and traditions in favor of the Klingons ones. I've been in many Federation planets and in the Federation Council and I know that they won't surrender themselves to the Klingons just 'cause they're affraid and by the same reason they won't leave us alones and even if the Klingons get to our planet and subjugate us, they'll do all they can to fight them off. It's for this spirit that we must hold, because unity is strength.

:: There were rumor between the presents in the council, showing the the opinions were divided between the two of them. While the Great General was really appreciated by many ministers, Layin had made herself a place in the council and showed everyone that she doesn't speak without profound knowledge of what she's speaking and she usually was right in their assessments. Rashuu was more of the woman's thoughts, however he felt a great respect for the Great General Shakkid as he'd served under him in his younger time in the military. ::

Ka'reen: Both sides had been listened, the council ministers will retire to deliberate and tomorrow a decision will be made. Pray that we take the right decision.

:: With a hit of the gong the council was dismissed and everyone left it talking among each others. Shakkid passed near him and made a gesture for Rashuu to follow him. ::

Shakkid: Rashuu, you use to be honest even saying things that we don't want to hear. I want you to tell me if you're convinced by the evidences I've brought.

Rashuu: Sir, your tactical reports are undeniable and in a way I think you're right in your assessment...

Shakkid: :: Looking at the thoughtful officer :: But?

Rashuu: But, I believe that we've been so many time with the Federation to leave them this way. The citizens will find it very difficult to accept if we join the Klingons. Plus we have no guarantee that they'll treat us as equals.

Shakkid: They value strength and loyalty. If we show them our pride and abilities they'll test our loyalty and treat us well.

Rashuu: But they value honor too...

Shakkid: And..?

Rashuu: How honorable could be someone that betrays their comrades when they see the enemy at doors? Even if done to save the own planet.

:: Shakkid looked at the young officer inquisitively, Rashuu couldn't but lower the gaze as he spoke ::

Rashuu: From what I know of the Klingons that's my view, but of course I could be wrong. If you excuse me Great General...

:: Shakkid waved his hand at him and he moved out of his view. Once alone in the street he took a deep breath and sighed. He took a transport to his house where his wife was taking care of his two year old daughter. ::

(Rashuu's house )

:: When he entered the door the little Mareesh yelled to her dad who smiling took her up and embraced her, then kneeled ant put her on his back and walked around the room almost jumping and she grabbing to his neck. This way they moved to where Li'Kashee was and he hissed to her who grabbed the little reptilian child. Rashuu get on his feet and shared what could be described as a kiss as their tongues barely touched rounding each other in the air as the little one jiggled a little. ::

Li'Kashee: Hi love. How it was?

Rashuu: I can't tell,.. Shakkid had strong arguments that suggest that if we resist we'll fail and Layin hold strong on the Federation foundations and all we get in our alliance with them.

Li'Kashee: So, the decision is not made yet.

Rashuu: No, they've adjourned it until tomorrow to deliberate. Certainly it's a difficult question Resist and probably die or to cede and hope for their mercy

Li'Kashee: Klingons are not famour for their merciness

Rashuu: True, Shakkid is confident that we can show them strength and that they want our loyalty to become stronger. I don't know, maybe he's right and the Klingons will see that we're not like the human mammals but it's also possible that in the Starfleet headquarters they're getting something to counter the Klingon power.

Li'Kashee: That's what I want to hear. I used to respect them as warriors, but things look different when you're facing them, plus they've acted merciless even with less evolved species. What honor is in that?

Rashuu: :: He noticed the little Mareesh looking at them strangely :: Enough from work, let's see what this little lizard has learned today!

:: All moved to the main room of the house and played with their daughter that was progressing in her development. ::

( Next morning )

:: Rashuu has been most of the night asleep in the couch with his wife sleeping and their daughter next to them. He'd been looking at her and imagining how she'll grow when she'll pass to adulthood, she'll find a good job and in years a mate. He imagined all kinds of mates that pleased him and some that didn't pleased him at all, but she's happy and that's what counted the most. However in the middle of his daydreaming the roar of the Klingons appeared changing all that future. She worked as technician repairing battle ships and she produced new labor pool every two years to keep the high militaristic level. It's with that image that he's asked permission to the Great minister to address to the council before it makes it's decision and he's told that it's granted. As the session started silence was made by Great Minister Ka'reen and he's allowed to proceed. Rashuu walked firmly to the guests balcony where he had a look of al the council members. He felt it over him as a great weight that was threatening to crush his body at any second, but taking a deep breath he started to speak.::

Rashuu: Thank you Great Minister. Honorable members of this council. I have not the knowledge you have or the experience to decide on those matters. However I'd like to say what crossed my mind this night about our options ahead. You know what... the only thing I could think was my daughter. What'll be her future? In one she chossed her path, her career and even her mate and was happy for all that. the other one I think was one of work and nurture of needed childs to support the war. I .... I couldn't say that she's not happy with that one,... she's just used to it. Maybe I'm wrong but with your decision you may be choosing what of those futures we'll face. I know that there's a third one mentioned before, one that no one wants to think about extinction. However if you think of what we could gain you must think if it's good enough for us to fight for it and if it is we should do it. On the other side, if you think that the future we could gain by fighting them is not as good as to do it, then maybe we do not deserve it and it's our time to fade out. Now, I just hope that your decision is the correct one and that we could live the future I dreamed for.

:: Rashuu stood there for a second and no one said a word, then in silence abandoned the guests balcony and remained in the same place he's the day before. A rumor spread on the council but low enough for him not hear anything concrete. ::

Ka'reen: It's indeed a thought speech, one to consider so I'm glad to have granted you the word in this council. Now it's time for voting, you have 30 seconds.

:: The clock tics and Rashuu heard them each time with more intensity until the gong sounded indicating the end of the voting. The future was decided and it's remained it to appear on the screen above the head of the Great minister Ka'reen that looked intensely on his own display. Finally with a deep breath she raised from her chair and stood in front of the council ::

Ka'reen: The decision has been made, the council has spoken. By the decision of this council....

END

Edited by Marcus Dickens

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.