• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2010: JUL-AUG] Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

Well now. I'm still chasing that elusive win that will put me above Idril Mar, so I might just get my thinking cap on for this one...

What do you say, Jenn, up for the challenge?

Just a quick note, Lieutenant Tan, if your story is over 3,000 words you'd better give it a quick redraft.

Stories over the limit are likely to be disqualified!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note, Lieutenant Tan, if your story is over 3,000 words you'd better give it a quick redraft.

Heh- I don't think I should bother, yours is going to win yet again. :) I highly enjoyed it- quite the read and very thought provoking too.

However, I've redrafted mine. It now fits inside the word limit like William Shatner inside Kirk's original uniform- it's one hell of a tight fit, but if you suck in your breath juuuuuuuuuuust right it can be jammed on... just don't exhale!

Seriously though, it's a tiny bit over. Can someone please advise me if it's enough over to be disqualified or not? I'd rather know BEFORE the deadline if possible. :)

3000 words is a pretty firm limit in the writing challenge. Your story is still exceeding the maximum word count by 469. At present it will be disqualified. Shorten it up to meet the 3000 word limit and then you will be all set!

LT Gregory

Heh- I don't think I should bother, yours is going to win yet again. :) I highly enjoyed it- quite the read and very thought provoking too.

Thanks for the vote of confidence but there's still everything to play for. Several cracking stories.

3000 words is a pretty firm limit in the writing challenge. Your story is still exceeding the maximum word count by 469. At present it will be disqualified. Shorten it up to meet the 3000 word limit and then you will be all set!

LT Gregory

Hi LT,

I butchered it down to exactly 2,999 words. :)

However, I've redrafted mine. It now fits inside the word limit like William Shatner inside Kirk's original uniform- it's one hell of a tight fit, but if you suck in your breath juuuuuuuuuuust right it can be jammed on... just don't exhale!

I knew David Hasselhoff had to have learned the technique from somewhere...

That's it folks, we're at deadline, so expect the results to be with you within the next couple of days! Good luck to everyone!

I knew David Hasselhoff had to have learned the technique from somewhere...

That's it folks, we're at deadline, so expect the results to be with you within the next couple of days! Good luck to everyone!

Pre-emptive congrats to Commander Thelev. ;) Whoo- I just made the deadline!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.