• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2007: JUL-AUG] Writing Challenge Rules & Topic

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

Guidelines: To participate, create a new thread. The subject of the thread must be the title of your story. If it is a Work In Progress, denote that with the heart post icon. If your work is complete, use the horizontal arrow post icon. Items not marked with an icon or marked with the WiP icon will not be considered for judging and will be moved to the "Character Cafe" forum at the end of the contest. Your work must be entirely your own. No co-authoring. You are welcome to create any character you so desire, but they must be from the Star Trek universe. No "canon" characters allowed. (i.e.- No one who has been on a show.)

Want to participate, but can't start a new topic? Why didn't you view the "Read Me First!" forum? You'll need to ask a moderator Senior Member to create a thread for you!

Length: No more than 3000 words accepted.

Beginning Date: Sat. July 6th

Ending Date: Fri., Aug. 24th

See Also: the Writing Challenge Website

Challenge: "The Trickster or Ape"

We've recently been establishing some themes for certain rounds. For Mar./Apr. we have themes from Disney films. For Sept./Oct. we have TOS episode titles. For Nov./Dec. we do "What if...?"

Last year for July/Aug. we did "the pretender," which got me thinking that perhaps we could do character archetypes for this round each year. In that vein, I presented our last round's winner, Lily Ventu, with a list of Jungian archetypes and asked her to choose one. From that list, she chose "The Trickster" which is also sometimes called "The Ape." We don't care how you interpret the challenge, just as long as you make it interesting. We also recommend that you look up Jungian archetypes for an idea of what all this means. ;)

Good Luck!

Edited by FltAdml. Wolf

• 1 month later...

There seems to be some confusion about this month's subject, so here's a "hint" so-to-speak: you don't have to understand the Jungian psychology behind the theme to write in the challenge. As with ALL the challenges, you are not required to write a literal "translation," in a manner of speaking, of what the challenge topic is. Just take the topic and write about it. For this specific challenge, one simply needs to write an entry about a trickster of any type.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. One of our judges has some personal commitments come up. We'll get the results out ASAP.

Congratulations to Danzia, winner of this round, with her story "The Missing Statue"!

More reviews will be posted in the coming days, as will the winner's banner and updates to the area of the website where the challenge info is posted.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this round -- our next round will be announced soon!