• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

August/September '06 Contest

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

Please use this thread for discussions or questions concerning the Top Sims Contest for August/September '06.

Cara Maria asked me the following via PM:

So I wondered, if there was a post which had the main part and some backsimming within it that put the sim over 3000 words would it be allowed to cut out the backsimming and simply post the main part of the sim?

I'm thinking that this is probably not allowable. If we start letting folks edit the sims before they send them in, then it somewhat defeats the purpose of the competition. I think it's best to let your work stand as it is.

Ok then, thanks for clearing that up (Sorry cody and wilde)

Is fixing typos allowed?

Edited by Cara Maria

I don't have the official answer to that question,but I think as it is one of the requirements

of a good sim AND for a sim entering this contest to have virtually no spelling errors, the

answer will be no.

Besides, spelling probably is one of the things judges look at, and correcting spelling would

therefor probably be considered 'corrupting' the original sims. That, plus the remote

possibility the misspelled word is 'corrected' into something the original writer did not intend,

tells me one should probably not edit any part of a simm. It should stand on its own.

But again, I don't have the official answer :)

It has enough official language for me and it makes sense. (However I think I submitted the title wrong, yes I am an idiot... *whacks head on desk*)

• 2 weeks later...

if I can get the permission of the others on the resolution and there responses are well written I might submit the sim I wrote earlier but there are spelling errors that the spell check did not get such as there in place of there are where I should have put the are in after there so I've got a spelling mistake I guess I am know for that lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.