• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Month - The Picard-er They Fall

Genkos Adea

So... which season of Picard was your favourite?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. So... which season of Picard was your favourite?

• Season One - give me Data!
    • Season Two - give me Q!
    • Season Three - give me the everything bagel!
    • I can't choose, it's too hard!
    • I hated every second!

So last week we had the finale of series three of Star Trek: Picard, which is confirmed as being the last series of the reunion show. So I guess the question we could ask is… which season was your favourite? A general warning that although I will not spoil the ending of S3, if you haven’t seen Picard, this might be one to avoid.

Season One of Picard was all about ex-Borg, Romulans and synthetic life. We had the return (from the dead) of everyone’s favourite android, Data. The series dived deeply into his relationship with Picard, and how his death at the end of Nemesis had affected our favourite “French” captain for the next thirty years. It also included returning appearances from Seven of Nine, Bruce Maddox and an always popular Soong relation.

Season Two of Picard was very Q-focused, dealing with time travel and the Borg (not former ones this time) - and ended with a rather beautiful tribute to that conniving trial master of humanity. It also included returning appearances from Guinan (both Goldberg, and a wonderful impersonation by Ito Aghayere), everyone’s favourite Punk on the Bus and an always popular Soong relation.

Season Three of Picard was all about legacy and the “next” generation, bringing back everyone and their mother as returning characters, before pivoting, for the third time, to the Borg… again. It also included returning appearances from Tuvok, Ro Laren and an always popular Soong relation.

So there are three seasons to choose from, each exploring an aspect of the Next Generation in an interesting deep dive. But which was your favourite? After you've chosen, please do drop us your reasonings in the comments below!

image.jpeg

I don't want to get into spoilers, but for those who didn't really like S1 or S2, you should really check this one out anyway. It was a complete pivot from those other two, though it did build off of (slightly) some events in those seasons. Great way to finish!

• Like 2

Season three could honestly be considered a stand-alone series! masterfully done. Absolutely loved all of the fan service moments.

star trek cake GIF

• Like 1

Am I insane or does Season 3 just totally ignore the new borg stuff from 2? I was trying to figure out how the ending of 2 fit into 3 and all I can is "don't worry about it".

8 hours ago, Vedic Koleth said:

Am I insane or does Season 3 just totally ignore the new borg stuff from 2? I was trying to figure out how the ending of 2 fit into 3 and all I can is "don't worry about it".

• Like 1

Ok thanks that helps, kind of. I guess the villain Jurati teases at the end of 2 is the big villain of 3? And then in our current timeline, now, for us in our sims, Jurati is out there chilling with a non-violent Borg Co-op somewhere? Or will be in 2401 I guess.