• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Denali Station quotes that have a nice Ring to them.

I nearly spit my drink 😂 @Kettick

Kettick managed to raise an entiirely non-existing eyebrow.

Kettick: First Class Quack would have some amusing, but unfortunate connotations.

• Haha 2

@Kettick is at it again. I am wheezing. The rumors that are surely flying in Denali’s Engineering section 🤣

Kettick: He pushes me outwards, and I balance his moods, I think. You could say we are roommates with benefits.

Oddas: Response

Kettick: Ah. That would explain the spit-takes when I used the phrase at the replimat. :: An awkward pause:: How was your shore leave? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Okay one more from the same sim that I can better appreciate now that I’ve calmed down about “roommates with benefits” is this narrative descriptor about @Kettick’s Hawaiian shirt. Also hysterical.

The floral designs were... Interesting. But in the end, Kettick had found one that he considered acceptable, if a bit muted.
Later in the evening, he would be reminded that he did not share the same colour receptors as the rest of the crew, and learn that his shirt actually looked like a particularly vicious bombing had targeted a Pollock restrospective.

• Haha 3

Everyone is on a roll with the funny things today @TLea makes a good point. Because who wouldn’t be at least a little jealous of @Gogigobo Fairhug’s manly locks?

T'Lea: You are looking well.  Still refuse to acknowledge the existence of a barber, I see.  

And why not!  He carried the long hair very well.  In fact, T'Lea was a little jealous of his manly locks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Freck gets one today, too. I love when people mention the amount of floors it takes to get anywhere. 😂

he only had time to rush back to his apartment in Soldotna (why was he on the top floor again?) and change into some generic beachwear he’d had replicated before rushing back down to the ground floor (seriously, 40 floors? Who was it that conned him into this arrangement?).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
43 minutes ago, Dekas said:

@Kettick is at it again. I am wheezing. The rumors that are surely flying in Denali’s Engineering section 🤣

We discussed that one and its impact on the rumour mill by mail. You couldn't possible think I would miss the opportunity. 😁

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Kettick said:

We discussed that one and its impact on the rumour mill by mail. You couldn't possible think I would miss the opportunity. 😁

Oh, that’s right! We did talk about that. The good thing about being forgetful is that I occasionally get to enjoy a joke twice as though it’s the first time lol. The fact he said it to the Captain really gets me, though 😆

@Kettick I'm slain. just .... 🤣

Freck: S-sorry, sorry, yeah, I just…wrong pipe and now it really, really burns!

Oddas: I'd hate to write the report 'Ensign's Career cut short by alcohol', it's not as funny as it sounds.

Kettick: With due respect, it does not sound very funny in the first place, sir. :: Turning his attention and curiosity towards the Ensign :: On that subject, I cannot help but notice that even the pleasure-seekers of the Galaxy have in their vast majority avoided alcohol-snorting in their endless quest to kill off their remaining neuron. What possessed you to try?

• Haha 4

Which meant it had a not insignificant chance of being yet another piece in a puzzle they had yet to make heads or tails of. But it would be another piece at the very least, and maybe one day they would stumble upon a metaphorical corner bit with some sky on it.

Love this analogy @Kettick

• Like 2

@Freck I snorted about this thought process.

Embarrassed at what he believed was an implication that he had a single neuron to his name, Freck side-stepped the question and tried to re-rail the conversation back onto its original tracks.

• Like 2

Kettick: I thought the name had something to do with primates and their tendency to climb trees. But I could be wrong; I rarely took part in this kind of activity back at the Academy.

The Captain shook her head, as if amused, but he was genuinely lost.

You're not the only one @Freck😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As per usual, we love @Kettick’s humor in this house 😂

The engineers had made extra sure to avoid sound probing in general, just in case, but that scanning sequence in particular was now documented, and filed under the "KINDLY DO NOT" heading.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Gogigobo Fairhug I only just noticed this continuation of the little joke that's been getting made here and there. Can confirm. It's due to be installed by Tuesday, sir. 😆

Some elements are being brought online and the plan is to have everything fully operational by next Tuesday

• Haha 3

@Alex Forsyth okay I laughed. Because you know what? Valid. 😂

She blushed slightly, she thought she was being subtle about checking out girls.

• Haha 2

Dekas: Right, I hope we can sort something out quickly or this is going to be a real pain in the as–

Before he could finish the sentence, the beam happened.

((Main Engineering, Basement 2, Fairbanks, Denali Station))

Dekas: –teroid

@Dekas hilarious. 😂

• Haha 3
On 1/17/2023 at 2:32 PM, Gogigobo Fairhug said:

@Dekas hilarious. 😂

Let us not overlook @Kettick’s equally funny and very appropriate response to the joke.

Kettick: With all the respect and friendship I have for you, sir, that was horrible.

The only proper response to what is essentially a subset of terrible dad-joke by Dekas 😂

• Haha 2

Just gotta appreciate @Freck's title here because I'm pretty sure it's a reference, and I'm pretty sure I know what reference it is and it is SENDING me. And even if it's not the reference I'm thinking about, it's still funny.

Magnets, We Know How They Work

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Dekas said:

Just gotta appreciate @Freck's title here because I'm pretty sure it's a reference, and I'm pretty sure I know what reference it is and it is SENDING me. And even if it's not the reference I'm thinking about, it's still funny.

Marshall+explains+charades+you+guessed+m

Don't run with cleavers, kids.

On another note, @Dekas is writing the script for our future Denali sitcom here:

Dekas: ::soft laughter:: Thankfully, my desire to die alone and a little bit like a martyr is fairly muted. I’d have to be doing something notably heroic. I mean holonovelists would need to make the scene adaptations dramatic, and if the reason for mutiny was boring, the inevitable romance between our likenesses, obviously spurred on by the rumor mill, would not have the right chemistry and we can’t have that.

oO Although a holonovelist would probably change our species to a human and a Vulcan to make sure the visual story was “more marketable” to a wider audience. We’re too niche, and there would obviously not be enough for the dramatic kissing scenes... Oo

• Haha 4

Our newest Medical ensign Sasus Raimor's thoughts about Dekas being an Aurelian. Welp. Let's hope Dekas doesn't break any bones 🤣

He had never worked alongside an Aurelian, but vaguely remembered struggling in a biology exam centered around their skeletal composition.

• Haha 4

Love this little glimpse into @TLea's inner workings.

She’d be a suicidal fool to go-it alone. While she waited, she found herself more interested in the spectacular visual display of ruin than what the tricorder was telling her was there. It was strangely beautiful, and beautifully catastrophic. Perhaps it was the archeologist part of her that found destruction so interesting. Often, she would be looking at this devastated landscape after centuries, if not Mellina later and become enthralled with how something like this could happen. Here, being part of the history, she knew the why and how of the matter, and they needed to fix it.

• Thanks 1

Raimor: Watch out for signs of fracturing. What’s that old human saying? Step on a crack and break your mother’s back? 

T’Lea blinked at the Medical officer.  That sounded like a silly human supercition, but boy, oh boy, if it were that easy she’d be waltzing on every crack she could find.

Having met @TLea's mother, Raivus, Kendrick totally understands how she feels 😁.

• Haha 1