• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Denali Station quotes that have a nice Ring to them.

It was hard to pick a single quote from this sim, the whole thing was so brilliantly written by @Kalia Qinn. The descriptions really gave me a connection to the character.

Kalia touched the barrier and felt a chill run up her arm.  She felt what she could only describe as an itch in her mind, in the same place where she formed her maps of the world around her.  She leaned on that place, gently, trying to see if she could use it in a similar way.  

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

*From the Narrative of Lt Cmdr T'Lea*

T’Lea reached over and flicked Yael in the arm.  Lesson one, she made promises, not threats.   

Oooooowwwwwwwwww!  *sniffles*

😉

• Haha 3

Just ... it's just too much 🤣 I absolutely love @TLea 's thought processes...

On the way out she glanced at the door across the hall.  Those quarters now belonged to Counselor Yael.  She saw him move in the other day and managed to avoid him for now.

Yael was her neighbor.

Yael was her neighbor.

Yael was her neighbor.

Nope.  No matter how she said it there was a hint of disdain in her tone.

His occupancy being so close to hers was not a coincidence.  This was psychological warfare.  It was as if somebody wanted T’Lea to have a trained psychologist parked right on her doorstep, just in case.

Just in case what?  Just in case she decided to rampage through the tower like a lunatic in her silk leopard print pajamas?  Not that she owned a pair, honest.

She rolled her eyes at his door and continued on to her destination.

btw ... It was probably Karise's idea... just sayin' 😆 

Edited by Jaelyne Isa
  • Haha 3

Love that @John Kendrick is over here quietly thinking, "Speak for yourself" about people getting on his nerves. 🤣

Oddas: I concur, I imagine there are going to be a few people among the newcomers, and current crew, who would volunteer to participate once you find some candidates.  Make sure you bring Mister Dekas into the loop - the good news is we have enough space, people shouldn't be getting onto each other's nerves.

oO Unless they have to work together. Oo

Kendrick: ::dryly:: Of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just loved the set of sims between Jim and Gina introducing the latest civilian to arrive at Denali, so much so I've already posted the whole thing on the forum. 

Still wanted to call out Major Leix being sassy though!

Leix: ::tilts her head:: How about this? You hold onto your free drinks and I will deliver your crates personally when the inspection is complete. I’m sure you wouldn’t want anything to get broken and these civilians customs people can be a touch clumsy. ::smiles sweetly::

• Like 3

From the same sim, I loved how Yhanne misspoke everyone's ranks throughout...

Yhanne: :: to Kendrick :: Excuse me, Admiral. I was wondering if you could help me out with a minor customs issue?

Kendrick: Response

,Interest to see how Kendrick deals with this one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@TLea thinking about pranking a prospective ensign with a fart sound is honestly the best thing that's ever happened. Please let T'Lea effectively whoopie cushion an ensign, that would be a hell of an introduction. 🤣

T’Lea: How can I resist your full attention, Chief.

She double checked the seat and settled in once she was sure no prank-fart sound would activate under her weight.  Not that he was the type to do that, but one never knew for certain.

Actually… Why hadn’t she thought of that before?  That would be hysterical with new Ensigns.  And with her Vulcan features she would play it logical and straight. 

“Are you quite all right, Ensign?  Are in gastric distress?  Have you had your physical?  Perhaps I should call for immediate medical assistance?”

As the monolog played out in her head she chuckled inside.

• Haha 4

Gettin' some zingers on the Station today. A few of those zingers being the reactions to Yael's slightly shorter-than-intended shorts. Specifically @John Kendrick's reaction.

And then his eyes caught Yael's outfit.

Kendrick: ::pointing with his PADD at Yael:: You know you're here for your phaser recertification, right?

• Haha 3

A nice, subtle shout-out to the James Bond series from @Oddas Aria

Leix: ::turns to Ton:: We’ve been talking all this time, but I think you have me at a bit of a disadvantage, Mr.--?

Nodded apologetically and stepped toward the lift, allowing the Major to enter first. 

Ton: Ton, Ebiss Ton.  Apologies Major, I forget, not everyone has an oppressive need to spend their nights reading up on the comings and goings of personnel.

Bond. James Bond.

• Haha 2

This is funny very specifically because @John Kendrick picked the funniest spot to have T'Lea presumably interrupt. I don't know what T'Lea will say, but I can already hear the sass. We can all hear the sass 🤣

Kendrick: Unlike the Phaser Range aboard Juneau, the dummies we use-

T'Lea : Response 

Kendrick: ::ignoring her remark:: are holographic projections. You will start with stationary targets first. ::at the air:: Computer. Execute training program Alpha 8-1.

And I can't believe I almost missed the other comment that came after. Which is also literally hysterical.

Kendrick: Set phasers to stun - or fun, as we security folk always say.

Edited by Dekas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...

@Sera this now lives in my head rent free, it's so good. 🤣

Sera: Your voice sounds a little…what is the word in standard, Equine?

• Haha 3

@ Tomas Falt.  Oh, the rumors would have been flying.  lol!😂

T’Lea was glaring at him.

T’Lea:  I would have taken off my pants for you.

Tomas found himself chuckling, despite the discomfort in his arm.

Falt: I’m not sure how long your legs are, but my trousers wouldn’t have reached you and the bulk head.

He paused as he gestured to the Eagle crew surrounding them.

Falt: We’d have both been found flat on the floor, holding my pants between us. Imagine what this lot would have said then.

• Haha 2

@John Kendrick Are you aware of how funny this is? Because this is hilarious. 

Kendrick: Really? ::shrugging shoulders:: Well, I always thought if Aurelians wanted to get high, they'd just spread their wings and fly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Tomas Falt You've just made my goal for this award's ceremony to get him to dance. 😆 

He sighed loudly, at least there was still a couple of days for him to try and think of a reason to ask Doctor Indobri to medically excuse him from hitting the dance floor. Although short of significant trauma he doubted she would.

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, Dekas said:

@Tomas Falt You've just made my goal for this award's ceremony to get him to dance. 😆 

I'd be more interested in seeing Dekas shake a tail feather on the dance floor!  

Watch out for those pirouette turns they can be brutal with that wingspan! ;)

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, TLea said:

I'd be more interested in seeing Dekas shake a tail feather on the dance floor!  

Watch out for those pirouette turns they can be brutal with that wingspan! ;)

Lol! He absolutely will be dancing. That's a whole thing. But also who do you think is going to ask him to dance? Sure Tomas could physically say no to dancing with Dekas, but emotionally? He's just so peppy you almost can't refuse embarrassing yourself for it. 🤣 

• Haha 1

@Ashley Yael We love a counselor with a good sense of humor. 🤣

Yael:  I promise, if I ever turn to the Dark Side, I won’t drown you.  Too stereotypical.  ::pause::  I’ll be sure to preserve your ears.  Keep them in a jar in my counseling office, with a little sign that says “this is what happens if you don’t do your assigned self-discovery homework.”

• Haha 3