• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mobile Holographic Emitter

Jack Kessler

Looking for some help. I am looking at playing with a mobile holographic emitter project that my IC will be working on. Based on our current timeline has there been any work already done with MHE's that I can feed off of? Would there be any reason why I could not develop one at this point in our timeline? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Joel/Jack Kessler

With the Picard series, we've seen somethings like that. For instance Dahj Asha was communicating with her "mother" via a handheld PADD that used a projected holo display. So I'd say it's not out of the realm of possibilities in our timeline.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jack Kessler said:

Looking for some help. I am looking at playing with a mobile holographic emitter project that my IC will be working on. Based on our current timeline has there been any work already done with MHE's that I can feed off of? Would there be any reason why I could not develop one at this point in our timeline? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

It's an interesting idea. However, I would recommend reaching out to your CO and FO for guidance on it. With the return of Voyager and subsequently, the MHE, it's arguably possible. But I would still say it would be best to check with your command staff and get their input on it. I'd be interested to know what they have to say, however.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this. I spoke with my CO/XO and they concluded that this would be allowed and a fun project to embark on so I am going to certainly jump right into this. If anyone would like to collaborate I would love some help and I hear JPing between ship crews is a lot of fun too. 

• Like 2

Awesome to hear! You may want to hit up some of the Engineers in the fleet. That could definitely make for some fun cross ship JP's. There's 3 on the Juneau, I know Hallia on the Excal did some fun inventing a little while ago, and there's Reade on Amity.  Not meaning to leave anyone out, but just citing some examples.

• Like 1

Yeah, definitely good to hear, and I suspected it wouldn't be an issue. I look forward to seeing how it all turns out.

• Like 1

I know I am late but we have a EHS (Emergency Hair Stylist) on the Constitution that runs around with a mobile emitter so he can leave the ship and all. I'm sure our Engineer (even though he was grandfathered in instead of working on it before) would love to exchange how it works :) Assistant Chief Jacob Horne

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jalana said:

we have a EHS (Emergency Hair Stylist) on the Constitution

Okay, that's just totally awesome!

• Like 1