• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

JP PNPC LtCmdr Anjar Thoran & PNPC CPO Andrew Davis: Shiny Phasers and Broken Torpedoes

I loved writing this. :D Props to our FO, @Jaelyne Isa for a nice playoff in this one. Took a single tag for a PNPC and it turned into this.

----

((Security Complex, Deck 11, USS Chintoka))

{{Time Index: Shortly after arriving at the Tycho Brahe’s location}}

Anjar whistled as he polished his nth phaser. He’d already gone through and made certain they were calibrated correctly and had placed any that needed more extensive attention in a bin at his feet. It was a relief from the drills that Commander Raga had been running while en route. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught sight of Chief Petty Officer Davis and grinned.

Thoran: Hey, Chief! Head’s up!

Without waiting for the other man’s response, he tossed a rag in his direction.

Andrew had been ready to call it a day. He was checking in his phaser and was just headed out of the armory, hoping to avoid Lt Commander Thoran, who’d he spotted doing “routine maintenance” on the phasers - which mostly meant polishing them and making sure the batteries were charged.

oO Why do phaser need to be polished anyway? Does this improve their performance? No, of course not. Just another one of those stupid rules that Starfleet is so fond of. Oo

However, he never made it out. The sound of Thoran’s voice behind him was immediately followed by the thump of a cloth hitting the back of his head.

Davis: Commander. I didn’t see you there. How are you doing?

Thoran: ::arches an eyebrow:: I can smell that steaming pot from here, Chief. Pick up that rag and come help me shine these up.

Davis: You know, sir, I was supposed to be ending my shift right about now :: picks up the rag :: Tell me, again. Why are we shining the phasers?

Thoran: ::smirks:: We’ve gotta look good, right? A man can’t look good without a shiny weapon.

Before Anjar could say anything more, the beep of a nearby console caught his attention. 

Thoran: Check that out will you, Davis?

Davis: oO I didn’t hear Esa complaining about my weapon not being shiny Oo You got it.

Andrew moved over to the console and checked the indicator. There was an incoming message from Lieutenant Commander Raga.

Davis: Looks like the boss wants something. Hold on a sec, sir.

Andrew pushed the button to open the channel.

Raga: =/\= Response =/\=

Davis: We’ll be right there, Commander. We just have to make sure the last phaser is all nice and shiny.

Anjar snorted, glad Raga couldn’t hear him from this distance and shook his head. Outdone by a phaser.

(( Photon Torpedo Launcher and Magazine Bay 3, Mission Pod C, USS Chin’toka ))

{{Time Index: Mini Time Jump}}

Raga: This is no good either. ::He said in frustration:: This is the third photon torpedo that’s had microfractures in the casing. If we tried to fire this it would blow out the launcher and take a portion of the hull with it. 

Anjar arched an eyebrow and paused mid-scan, turning to Davis.

Thoran: ::murmurs:: I sure hope he’s not working up to busting a door or a table.

Davis: :: quietly :: With him, you never know. Might be a bulkhead next time.

Thoran: ::murmurs:: As long as it’s not near my quarters. The last thing Carter and I need is a hole in our living area wall.

Kiax: =/\= Kiax to Commanders Raga and Alentonis, could you meet me in the

shuttlebay in ten minutes please? =/\=

Alentonis: =/\= Shuttle bay, 10 minutes. Got it. =/\=

Thoran: ::murmurs to Davis:: Bet you a day’s worth of replicator rations he’s going to leave us to check the rest of the torpedoes.

Davis: Yeah, sure, because I am a security guard, so it makes perfect sense that I would know how to check a torpedo. Logical.

Before Anjar could reply, he heard Commander Raga yelling his name across the room.

Raga: Mister Thoran, I leave you in charge of things here. I expect you and Mister Davis can get the remaining torpedoes inspected and in the magazines with the help of our Quartermaster and Mister Greyson here in the next hour. Chief, I expect a report afterwards. 

Thoran: ::nods:: Aye, sir.

Davis: :: to Thoran :: You do know that I never agreed to that bet, right? :: to Raga :: Aye, sir. Quick question: How do we do that? Shining phasers I’m good at. Inspecting torpedoes? Not so much. Happy to help as long as someone shows me what I need to do.

Phillips/Greyson: response

Thoran: ::claps Davis on the back:: No worries, Chief. I’ll talk you through it.

Seemingly satisfied, Raga tapped his comm badge as he headed for the door.

Raga: =/\= Understood, on my way Commander. =/\= ::Pausing to glance back at the others:: Inform the bridge as soon as all the torpedoes are inspected, loaded into the magazines and disposed of as necessary. 

Once Raga was out the door, Anjar again turned to Davis.

Thoran: Damn, man. Did you make it all the way to Chief Petty without having to scan and load a torpedo? ::pauses:: Just do me a favor and don’t get crushed by one.

Davis: Yeah, enlisted. I specialized in security, not tactical. Not that I mind, of course, but really, I can scan one and not have the faintest idea what I am looking at. And I am curious now, what do you mean by “not get crushed by one?”

Thoran: ::shakes his head:: Long story. I’ll tell you over drinks sometime. ::rubs his hands together:: Time’s a-wasting. ::smirks:: You know how to use a tricorder, right?

Davis: :: smirking :: Is it anything like using a polishing rag?

Anjar laughed, shaking his head as he picked up a freshly charged tricorder and tossed it in Davis’ direction.

Thoran: You break it, you pay for it.

The pair then each began scanning torpedoes, marking any that had microfractures with a chip before moving on to the next one.

Phillips/Greyson: Response

--
PNPC Lieutenant Commander Anjar Thoran

Security Officer

USS Chin'toka, NCC-97187

I238110RH0

&

PNPC CPO Andrew Davis

Master-at-Arms

USS Chin'toka NCC-97187

as simmed by:

Commander Jaelyne Isa