• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Month - What Are You Doing New Year's?

Genkos Adea

What are you doing New Year's Eve?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What are you doing New Year's Eve?

• It's time to paaaaaaartay
    • Cold water swimming on Andoria
    • Ice fishing on Qo'noS
    • Roasting chestnuts on an open fire
    • BBQ anyone?
    • Other, let us know in the comments!

As we enter the final year of the 24th century, we thought it might be fun to examine ways our characters might choose to ring in the New Year. We know from a conversation that Bashir has in Deep Space Nine that people (or at least humans) celebrate the New Year with parties and celebrations, but what might they entail..? And do they change with species and quadrants?

Perhaps they would like to hold a massive party in their ship or base's bar (or for the more adventurous, perhaps they even venture into the holodeck?) or there's always doing something a little more... unique? Jo Marshall has threatened to go skinny dipping in the Andorian ocean, but as a doctor all I can say is that it's a sure fire way to give yourself pneumonia.

On Star Trek Online, the annual event "Q's Winter Wonderland" has players being taught the Klingon New Year tradition of ice fishing? Perhaps our Klingon characters would care to teach the rest of us this brilliant skill. If not, I have a power drill and a fishing rod and I'm going to try it out myself!

What about something less... chilly? Perhaps your character likes to stay in by an open (holo)fire and roast chestnuts/marshmallows (or smores)? This is of course assuming that all planets celebrate their new year celebrations in a season of cold weather, which I'm sure isn't true (it isn't even true on Earth!) so who likes going surfing or bodyboarding on NYE? A BBQ anyone?

There's a few options below, but if we haven't covered your answer, then please let us know in the comments!

USS_Voyager_over_Golden_Gate_Bridge.jpg

• Like 1

I'll have you know that the Polar Bear Club was invented by Andorians and Earth just stole it from us. I've simmed my character glacier-diving into frigid waters on the holodeck in the past and it seems like the daredevil cold-acclimated thing to do. Of course, anyone is free to join me - antenna, no-antenna, all are welcome.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello yes Australia is boiling I would like a one-way ticket to Andoria thank you