• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Live from Amity! Quotes from the Delta Quadrant

• 5 weeks later...

This one from @Wil Ukinix (as M-Rivi: the Rivi Vataix of the Mirror Universe) really got me. Hilarious!

M-Wil: Maybe we should have stopped by somewhere to get a sonic shower in...

M-Tri'lea: You can freshen up all you want once we steal our shuttle.  ::Smirk::  Maybe I’ll even join you in the sonic shower.

M-Rivi: ::Whispering annoyed tone:: By the tainted Four, get an agony booth you two!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey @Cassian Iovianus - really enjoyed this little one-liner regarding @Nathan Richards vs his Mirrorverse Counterpart. :D

While the two did seem similar, Ucron had a distinct impression that one was handsomely rougish while the other was rougishly handsome.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Brilliant quote from @Nathan Richards (or rather, his 'evil' Mirrorverse counterpart!)

Iko: And you, you are a coward who hides behind a stupid mask and shows up to join whatever group happens to be in power because that’s safer.

Richards let his hands fall in front of him, his smile never fading. He knew they couldn’t see behind the mask and wanted them to believe she had just struck a nerve.

M-Richards: You would think that, wouldn’t you. 

Richards slowly walked around the Klingon and back onto his pacing path. 

M-Richards: United Federation of Planets. Starfleet. Federation Diplomatic Corps. You all hide behind masks in your own universe. ::Turning to look back at Iko:: The Terran Empire had a fairly extensive database on your people. Before it was all destroyed with the fall.

Iko/Veers: Response

M-Richards: You call me a coward, but those who rely on Diplomacy are the cowards. Power is what matters. Negotiation is weakness.

Original Sim: Initiate Nathan Richards - Eternal

• Like 2

Moore: If it helps, I could carry you. ::He offered her a smile, a touch of humor lighting his eyes in an attempt to lighten the situation, briefly breaking away from his professional demeanor.:: Otherwise, I can bear most of the weight.

Hopper: Hmm? Oh, I’ll umm, shuffle along as best as I can.  ::Putting more weight onto his arm, taking a few testing hops forward::  But I swear if anyone makes a joke about my name right now I’ll have you disciplined.

Clapping Applause GIF

Well done, @Robin Hopper

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

From @Wil Ukinix

Keehani: The Klingons here are the old fashioned Klingons that hate the Federation- ::correcting herself:: Terrans.  They’re just as dangerous as the Betazoids, ::small scowl:: I can’t believe I just said that.

• Like 2

A fun one from @MTMuir (Kaito Moore):

Esma: Perhaps once we return to Amity, we can find other social activities to participate in. What other interests do you enjoy?

Moore: A wide range of things, Mixed Martial Arts, Movies new and old, thrilling Holodeck programs, historical programs. Or straight up holodeck flight simulations, and… ::He thinks to himself and then smirks before looking at Esma.:: Also, piña coladas, and getting caught in the rain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

@Wil Ukinix, while my PC might find your EMH and his antics irritating, I personally love it. And this interaction with the Vulcan superhero, T'Senara, made me chuckle. Excellent work with her response being both somehow brash/confident and also deeply flat and uninteresting. :P 

EMH: As have I, T’Senara.  Tell me - when you were fighting the Borg assimilated tribble infestation on Vulcan, what made you think of mass-distributing Romulan whiskey to neutralise them?

The live action comic book hero placed her hands on her hips.  The holodeck simulated her cape flying in the wind – even though there was no wind on the holodeck.

T’Senara: Intelligence and ingenuity, Doctor.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • 3 weeks later...

@Harrison Kiani - Loved this little piece of narration!

Harry’s perfectly un-creased ocean blue uniform was marred by a terribly conspicuous mustard stain (he did not actually know what caused the stain, but he wasn’t ready to entertain any other suggestions).

From the sim: Ensign Harrison Kiani - Mask On/Off

• Haha 2

I love bits of wordplay, including this one from @Robin Hopper:

The Paak medical facilities had been abysmal. First of all, they were hardly up to the standard that Robin was accustomed to – but she could have grinned and bore the poking and prodding with needles and ionizing radiation scans… if the room hadn’t been so cold. It was as if these people had invented space travel before they’d invented the space heater.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • 1 month later...

This quote from @Ikaia Wong really is best out of context:

You took away both my pants and my shorts and not once did you question if I liked a gentle breeze near my neutral zone and the answer to that is no.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A zinger from @MTMuir.  When Starfleet encounters a new civilisation "Paak", and they get into trouble with the authorities, who put you on trial, and the Ambassador gets sentenced to a training course...

Paak (magistrate): Due to the unique circumstances, the witnesses have recommended that you attend our standard one cycle course given to non-military Paak that attend this facility.  Only once completed and you are certified will I allow you to meet with leader Paak, who I’ve been assured will respect Paak’s separation of powers and abide by this ruling.

oO Oh gods, it's even worse than I thought. A fate worse than death: a Paak Human Resources meeting and training. Hopefully, she remembers the emergency beacon. Oo

• Haha 1

What a moody opening line for a sim @Rebecca Iko! Loved it. 

It was funny. Sometimes in the security centre there was the occasional fun and banter, but there were other times where everyone became serious and cracked down on their work, or at least, found something to work on. The latter, which was happening now, had become increasingly more common, especially after the last trip “to Idrustix”—a trip that had left a significant amount of the department inhaling the air of a foreign, corrupt universe in their final breath, and left an emptiness in the centre that couldn't be filled. 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Barberra: Bec, I don’t want information about it, if it’s true, I know I’m not meant to.  ::Eyes shift up, left:: Actually that’s not true, because travelling a dark, evil, unforgiving reality with twisted versions of ourselves would be *amazing* and I’d pay latinum to meet that version of myself… ::looking back at Bec:: But Starfleet protocols are Starfleet protocols.

And this is why the protocols were in place. People wouldn't want to go there if they didn't know it existed.

Barberra then began considering the existential questions that everyone had been thinking, but probably in a far more litteral sense.

Barberra: Or maybe I am that version of myself?

Iko: ::deadpan:: If you were you would have brutally murdered me, drunk my blood, fed my skull to your pet moopsy, and saved what ever was left of my body as luxury relics in your home. 

image.gif

(Great stuff @Rebecca Iko!)

Edited by Wil Ukinix
Updated gif
  • Haha 1

A nice exchange between @Wil Ukinix and @Nathan Richards

Richards: I understand that the actions I performed were a breach of proper protocol, sir, but I need you to understand what exactly happened.

Ukinix: ::Gesturing to crate:: Take a seat.

Nathan glanced down at the crate, but didn’t move to sit down. He wasn’t sure what the Commander was doing, but he didn’t feel like now was the right time to sit down.

Richards: Sir, given my one research and my inability at the time to properly communicate with Lieutenant Reade, I made the hasty decision of implementing the option that would require the least amount of power at the risk of limited functionality. 

Nathan relaxed his posture slightly as another crate was set another crate about a meter away from Nathan and the crate behind him. He considered Wil to be his friend, and he didn’t like having to be so high strung in this situation. He hope that maybe coming at the situation a little more relaxed might help Wil relax and they could have a more civilized conversation.

Richards: I had the Denali Invitational breathing down my neck and no shuttle to use. I’m sorry, but there just wasn’t time to try and get the proper clearances and permissions.

Ukinix: ::Gesturing:: Really, mate, take a seat.

Nathan hesitated for a moment, before he took a seat on the crate and leaned forward slightly. He felt like he knew what the Commander was going to say, but continued on himself…

Richards: I know, I know. Procedure. But you can’t tell me there wasn’t a time where you made a split second decision without following protocol. 

Wil smirked a little and rolled his eyes, sitting back slightly for a moment.

Ukinix: Guilty as charged.

He leaned forward again.

Ukinix: But I was “*Ensign* Ukinix” back then, Lieutenant.

The distinguishing factor between “Ensign” and “Lieutenant” wasn’t lost on Nathan. As a Lieutenant, Nathan was expected to maintain his responsibilities and set a good example for the Ensigns. To be a leader and show them what was expected of them by following orders. He grimaced slightly as he thought about what kind of example He was setting for Ensign Esma while she stood there in that very shuttlebay when he decided to disobey his orders and activate the replicator. Let alone what the others thought that had been present…

Ukinix: Everything you said makes sense, and I understand why you did it. But all it would have taken was a tap on ::quick point:: that combadge of yours. “Commander Ukinix, due to unforeseen circumstances I’m going to have to install the Blackwood Industries vehicle replicator.” Or something like that. I’d rather have known up front than not known at all. Rules can be broken, but communication can’t.

"Rules can be broken, but communication can’t." - Wil Ukinix 👏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

This made me giggle @Harrison Blackwood! A great zinger.

Taival: Still, that's honestly the least of our worries. That ship is still falling towards the surface of the planet. Based on its current trajectory, it's going to enter the atmosphere in less than seven hours. You're going to need to send a team of engineers, operations officers, and science officers to stop that from happening.

Hopper: We’ll figure something out.

And Cassian had no doubt in Hopper’s ability to lead her team to a successful outcome, whatever success could look like in this situation.

Hopper: ::To her team:: Simple job. We assess the situation, determine our best options, and put them into action.

Richards: ::Slight smirk:: Yes, Ma’am.

Blackwood: It’ll be a five star vacation spot when we’re done with it, Commander.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Bec was focused. She said not a word, and the Malon’s saw a face that was more serious about stopping them in their tracks than a polarised starship hull would be serious about stopping a hand-held phaser, or a brick wall would be serious about stopping a push-bike.

Mental note: Don't go bike riding with @Rebecca Iko

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

Often, it's these extremely specific lines that really get me. An amusing nod to a classic movie line - but also, just so suitable for the character. Good one @Nathan Richards:

Nathan took a deep breath and let it out in a sigh. He smiled as he looked between the two replicators again before looking at Char with a big grin.

Richards: I love the smell of replicating shuttles in the morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When you've just started on a beautiful piece of lamb, and then your combadge chirps, you cut off and shove as much as you can into your mouth... that's the (Wil) Ukinix rule @Cassian Iovianus!

While popular evolutionary thought suggested that humans were primates and Betazoids were a aquatic, or semi-aquatic species, Wil offered the alternative of some type of serpent as he unhinged his jaw to eat the piece of lamb he cut.

Orrey: Manners do exist Commander.

Ukinix: ::Standing up, Mouth full:: Ltt’s gww.

Keehani: Unbelievable.

• Haha 1