• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Lieutenant Elizabeth Snow - Summing It Up

Prime example (IMO) of how to get a new player up to speed on a brand new mission! Good job @Elizabeth Snow! 😃

---

(( Sickbay Complex, Deck 10, USS Chin’toka ))

Elizabeth had been pretty busy this morning. Between the new arrival onboarding exams and dealing with the medical supplies now that they were successfully onboard, Elizabeth had been muli-tasking with what supporting the colony from a medical standpoint would look like. She had hoped to collaborate with Counselor Azorius to get his view from a mental health standpoint, but he had been transferred. It was important that the two fronts were on the same page as in many ways, they mixed. Luckily a new Counselor had been assigned to the Chin’toka. Elizabeth would have to bring Ensign Hex up to speed on things, but hopefully they could work together.  

Snow: =/\= Doctor Snow to Counselor Hex =/\=

Hex: =/\= Hex here. Good morning, Doctor. =/\=

Snow: =/\= Morning, Counselor. I was hoping to get the chance to speak with you, if you had the time? =/\= 

Hex: =/\= Of course, Doctor - how does your office in ten minutes sound? =/\= 

Snow: =/\= That works for me, Counselor. I’ll see you then. Snow out. =/\=

Elizabeth closed the comms and began gathering the data from the recent mission. Hoping not to overwhelm the poor Ensign. 

((Time Skip))

(( CMO’s Office, Sickbay Complex, Deck 10, USS Chin’toka ))

With Ishka and Wyla now tending to the restocking of the inventory, Elizabeth finished up the current on boarding exam she was working on and then proceeded to her office. Elizabeth updated the medical profiles as she waited on the Counselor. Happy that it was work related and not a mandatory session with her. As much as she respected those in the profession, she wasn’t fond of being the one receiving their services. 

She was finishing up with the last of the profiles when there was a chime at the door.

Snow: Enter.

The doors slid open and in walked their new Betazoid Counselor. Elizabeth greeted her with a smile and motioned for her to the chairs in front of the desk

Hex: Doctor Snow.

Elizabeth finished up with the profile she was working on and turned her attention to the new face.

Snow: Before we get started. Can I get you something to drink?

Hex: I was talking to a Marine on the way to the Chin’toka, and he asked me what I'd prefer to drink out of a choice of Bajoran wine and Tellarite beer.

Elizabeth’s left eyebrow raised in response to the Counselor’s story. She wasn’t sure where this was going, but she decided to go along with it.

Snow: Oh? And what was your response? 

Hex: Tellarite beer, of course. But I suppose now’s not the time for me to talk about wines and beers. Not least with the Chief Medical Officer - I won't shy away from a water though, Doctor, thank you.

Elizabeth smiled as she walked over to the replicator to acquire their drinks. She thought for a moment that the Counselor was about to ask for a beer or something.

Snow: No worries, Ensign. Though I’m not sure I can work with a beer person. :: sighs ::  I suppose I’ll just have to make due. :: teasing :: An ice water and a hot cup of Jesteral Tea.

She was aware of  the Ensign’s Betazoid eyes watching her.

Hex: Do you prefer Doctor Snow, or Lieutenant? Something else entirely?

She grabbed their drinks and walked over to the Ensign. She handed the woman her glass before taking her seat behind her desk. She took a sip of her tea before responding.

Snow: Doctor Snow is fine, Doctor, or Lieutenant. I’m not picky. You can call me Liz or Elizabeth when we’re not on duty. :: smiles :: Just don’t call me Lizzie. Do you have a preference?

Hex: Response

Snow: :: nods :: Alright. :: beat :: I’m going to do this the best I can so as not to overwhelm you with anything. So, please, speak up if there’s something you don’t understand and I will do my best to clarify it for you.

Snow: Well I’m hoping we can work together to determine what supporting the colony will look like from a mental health and medical standpoint. It’s important that our two fronts are on the same page since our two fields mix in ways, but before we get into that I will have to bring you up to speed, so to speak, with details from our recent mission.

Elizabeth nodded once the Counselor confirmed she was ready to begin. 

Snow: We recently went on a diplomatic mission to Oscion which is a neutral planet in Caraadian space that the Great Houses of that region use for political purposes. Our goal was to obtain a planet to set up a Federation colony on. By the mission we’re embarking on, negotiations were successful. In exchange those in the Expanse were free to use the resources the colony had to offer. Trading, shipyards, medical responses from the planet and nearby ships, mental health, science, and so on. 

She took a brief pause to sip her tea, studying the young Counselor to make sure Elizabeth hadn’t completely lost her along the way. She took another sip of tea, letting the information she laid out absorb into the Betazoid before she continued.

Snow: The services Counselor Azurios laid before the Council were everything from simple counselling offices to psychology departments, psychiatric services, and neurological research as well as, the most up to date psychological trauma centres. Of course the facilities will expand over time, but that should sum it up for now.

Elizabeth took another sip of her tea, as she watched the Ensign process the information. 

Snow: I hope I didn’t overwhelm you, but with him now gone and you coming to take his place, I felt it was necessary to draw you into things before we reached the colony, so you weren’t blindsided and so we could start working together for the greater good of the colony. 

============
Lieutenant Elizabeth Snow
Chief Medical Officer
USS Chin'toka NCC-97187
D238803EH0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Esa_Darkkdust said:

Snow: We recently went on a diplomatic mission to Oscion which is a neutral planet in Caraadian space that the Great Houses of that region use for political purposes. Our goal was to obtain a planet to set up a Federation colony on. By the mission we’re embarking on, negotiations were successful. In exchange those in the Expanse were free to use the resources the colony had to offer. Trading, shipyards, medical responses from the planet and nearby ships, mental health, science, and so on. 

She took a brief pause to sip her tea, studying the young Counselor to make sure Elizabeth hadn’t completely lost her along the way. She took another sip of tea, letting the information she laid out absorb into the Betazoid before she continued.

Snow: The services Counselor Azurios laid before the Council were everything from simple counselling offices to psychology departments, psychiatric services, and neurological research as well as, the most up to date psychological trauma centres. Of course the facilities will expand over time, but that should sum it up for now.

This is a great job in summarizing the previous mission's events and bringing the Counselor up to speed. Very well done @Elizabeth Snow!

• Thanks 1