• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Academy Quips & Quotes

Someone who's in a class with @Jo Marshall, should sim this now and let me know. 😄

As she saw Rivera and his team leave the bridge, she exhaled, a deep breath passing through her lips. Missions were always difficult. Life is always on the line. What she wouldn't give for the protection duty of a basket of puppies once in a while.

• Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ukinix: =/\= Hi Commander, we seem to be dealing with big rodents. =/\=

T'Seva: =/\= ...rodents of unusual size? =/\=

I love how T'Seva slipped a Princess Bride reference in there!

• Haha 3

The coms from the bride came through clearly. The contact with the bridge team was comforting to him; at least they were not out of contact with assistance if needed.

Right smack dab in the middle of the princess bride comment came this from green.  It was a typo, but I suspect T'Seva was also a bad influence.  

• Haha 2
  • 1 month later...

@Elizabeth Snow playing a cadet and giving my absolute favorite version of the initial reaction to a very colorful Aurelian being in the room. The "Don't be weird!" mental reaction gets a hearty laugh from me just about every time it happens, and this one is no exception 😆

She noticed that the Aurelian was looking at the row of cadets. 

oO Focus! Oo

oO But all the colors, I can’t help it! Oo

oO You’re gonna make it weird! Oo

oO Right! Oo

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 months later...

Xoltron: =/\= Greetings, travellers. I am Xoltron, sent by the Intergalactic Council Galactic Oversight Bureau to terraform this galaxy and make it habitable for our species. Your presence here is a hindrance to our mission, and you must leave at once. We apologise for any inconvenience. =/\=

Don't know why, but you had me laughing out loud with this one, @Jo Marshall

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 3 weeks later...

This killed me, from Cadet Zenno. 🤣👌🏻

He could hear Lt. Nardello's voice in his head, "You're a blueberry in cherry pie, Bolian. You picked the red uniform, so make it work."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This made me chuckle from @Araxxu Vahin. I believe Sir David Attenborough said the exact same thing. 🧐😂

Studying wildlife would be an enjoyable pursuit as long as there wasn’t a chance you could be eaten. 

• Haha 2
  • 1 month later...

Anything heading their way had to be better news than the repeated cues of denied access that the tricorder kept flashing at Ksivi-Sava... Or so he thought until he spotted a more than head-high quadruped breaking through the foliage at the edge of the perimeter. Weren’t natural environments just splendid? Microscopic contagions, stealthy tree-dwellers, trampling quadrupeds, and no shortage of bizarre ways to get hurt! At this point, Ksivi-Sava could barely stop his hand from twitching at his phaser right away.

Ksivi-Sava: It’s… green.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

DeVeau: We have just under an hour. Commander Marshall, may I recommend that you take a group down to engineering?

Marshall: You can recommend that, Commander. I won't hold it against you.

Glad to hear it. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Falt: Anyone else find this strange? A bit like the Marie Celeste? 

Almonaster: Never heard of that sir, but where I come from that’s a sandwich. 

• Haha 1

From Cadet Almonaster

Carnal’s Carniverous Congo Suites

I have questions...

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

From one of our intrepid cadets today :D 

Upon further examination of these things they appeared to almost resemble Beatles that would normally be found on earth except these were much larger and seem to be fully willing to have their very first taste of human flesh, well almost human flesh.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I just about spat out my drink @Jo Marshall🤣

As she took another sip from her mug, her eyes landed on a dark-haired Commander, poised for their upcoming adventure.

Marshall: Good morning, Wil! ::She beamed, lifting her mug in a semi-salute.:: Good to see you. I see the assassins have failed again. How's that Amity life?

Ninja Spy GIF by Walk Off The Earth

• Haha 4
  • 2 months later...

Grabbing a sidearm phaser, Taz double checked the setting with his thumb—always the lowest—before slipping it into the holster by his side with a flourish. This was a manoeuvre he'd perfected in his Academy security classes, hoping the Cavaleri Catch would take on as the name. It didn't. 

Keep trying! @Jo Marshall 😄

• Haha 2

It didn’t take long before the doors opened and in walked in a female captain and a male lieutenant commander with a magnificent beard that Liam could only dream of.

Flattery will get you everywhere @Samira Neathler

😉😂

• Haha 4
  • 2 weeks later...

From @Wil Ukinix:

(The worst part is that he was having trouble switching the language from “Bajoran” to “Federation Standard-AU” in the console’s settings.)

My very favorite prank to play on the Bridge crew.

• Haha 3

When the computers all take over, the first thing they're going to do is head to Risa @Jo Marshall

Suddenly, the ship lurched violently, throwing them off balance. Taz gripped a console to steady himself, his heart racing. The core's pulsing grew more frantic, a harrowing countdown to disaster. With a placid voice, as calm as a cucumber enjoying a relaxing vacation on Risa, the computer softly announced…

Computer: Core ejection sequence initiated

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 1 month later...

That cane. Nolen recognized it. He’d never served with Commander Adea, except once. His own cadet cruise felt like a lifetime and a half ago, but it was hard to forget a Captain with a cane. He wondered if that’s why Adea used it.

The telltale black eyes of a Betazoid squinted from under his wavy brown hair as the Lieutenant greeted the Commander, who turned to face him as he approached, with an expectant smile

Adea: You must be Hobart.

The smile faded but only just. Of course he wouldn’t recognize him. The Commander must have seen hundreds of cadets come and go. After a brief mental stumble, Hobart recovered.

I feel awful about this @Nolen Hobart - but I will point out that your cadet cruise might well have been the most important day of your life. For me, it was a Tuesday.

• Haha 4