• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

MSNPC Gabbro - Sanding Off the Edges

There really are no words to describe just how moving and beautifully written this piece is. @Genkos Adea is one of my favourite writers in this fleet and this is why!

--

((The Surface, Briar Patch Planet of the Skarn))

Gabbro observed the curious, elderly Romulan walk towards them. They’d heard some of the flow in the odd uniforms talk about the man as a “Romulan”. They assumed that this was the man’s flow’s name, in the same way Gabbro’s flow was called the Skarn. They could feel the elder’s mind feeling at peace, and in response, they dropped all the rocks from their lightball form in preparation to receive the newest member of their flow. 

Ferzdy:  Let’s go, Gabbro.

Gabbro:  ~ Of course, Ferzdy. ~

They continued on together, Ferzdy seemed hesitant in some way, although Gabbro could tell they weren’t looking back. However, he volunteered his thoughts without the need for Gabbro to read them.

Ferzdy:  I wish I could help them get their ship back in the sky.

Gabbro was silent for a moment, considering the desire. There might be a way for Ferzdy to help, to boost the Skarn’s natural abilities. They’d done it a few times before with a dying creature from the southern hemisphere, a great sandworm that devoured huge chunks of rock. When it was dying, they had brought much of its consciousness into the Skarn, or so the legend went. Gabbro knew of it, but had no idea if it would work. 

Gabbro:  ~ You might be able to join us. It is a ritual that has been done in the past, I believe. ~

Ferzdy:  Yes, I will, if you can show me how.

Ferzdy set the survival kit down on the dusty ground.  Gabbro opened their mind and flew into the body of Ferzdy. They combined into a single entity for a few moments, filled with joy and wonder. Gabbro could feel the physical sensations of having a body, of having fingers, of smell and of touch. It was curious, but not unpleasant. They weren’t sure if it was Gabbro or Ferzdy who smiled, but radiant pink-and-orange light shone out in all directions from the footprints where Ferzdy taken his last physical steps. Then, after a moment, the three separated - Ferzdy’s body disappeared, the matter transformed into energy, and now there were two Skarn. Gabbro and FerzBall.

FerzBall:  ~Let’s go home.~

Gabbro wished for a moment that they still had access to the Romulan’s body, and that they could smile one last time, such joy did they feel.

Gabbro: ~ We are ~

Fin

----------------------- 

Gabbro

a Skarn 

As simmed by

Lieutenant Commander Genkos Adea MD

Second Officer & Chief Medical Officer

USS Resolution

G239502GS0 

• Like 2