• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Week: Wondrous with Treasures to Satiate

Nadeshiko

Which do you think the most wondrous part of the Trek franchise is?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think the most wondrous part of the Trek franchise is?

• Exploring Space
    • Discovering new mysteries?
    • The exploration of various forms of life
    • Preserving the ideals that one believes in
    • Cake! Er.. I'll tell you more in the comments

As was said by Q (TNG: Q Who?), the galaxy is wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. From the discovery of space lifeforms in the very first episode of TNG, to a brilliant scientist igniting a star that had burned out, to the beauty of stellar phenomena, the galaxy is full of wonder.

No less wondrous, and part of Trek, is the exploration of human potential, and the things that can be achieved when people of disparate ethics and believes work together. In many ways, from Kirk and Spock working out how to act, and encountering the strange on the frontier of the history of Trek, to Deep Space Nine, where the crew focused on defending the ideals of the Federation, to where Burnham fought to preserve the integrity of the Federation in a time of near certain defeat, to crews discovering new scientific mysteries across the franchise, and exploring new ways to think of life as we know it, Jim.

Trek is both the exploration of the galaxy, and the exploration of potential and evolution, and across it's 54 years, 9 series, 13 episodes, and 780 episodes, has shown us many wonders and challenges.

Which do you think the most wondrous part of the Trek franchise is?

105.jpg

Edited by Ceciri Ariadust
q!
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed the episodes that delved into the human nature and the human psyche. What happens when all our needs are met (post-scarcity world) and we shift from surviving to thriving. 

• Like 3

I really liked the episodes with cake. 

But yeah, agreeing with Zanti, all about the human experience for me, and how even 400 years from now, they're still fundamentally flawed but *striving* to be better. 

• Like 3