• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Star Trek: Lower Decks!

• 2 weeks later...

From http://blog.trekcore.com/2020/08/star-trek-lower-decks-mike-mcmahan-pandemic-delays-international-plans/

A lot of what we’re doing [for ‘Lower Decks’] unexpectedly got shifted two months earlier, because they were juggling around schedules and stuff. A lot of the different groups in entertainment — when you shuffle that stuff around, they can’t move as fast as [we in production can]. My priorities were keeping everybody on the show healthy — making it the best as possible — and getting it into everybody’s hands as soon as I can, because we’re all [expletive] miserable right now.

And, I did not know that doing all that stuff was going to end up having to leave UK, and abroad other than Canada hanging for a minute — but it’s not because we don’t love you guys, and it’s not because we don’t want to share ‘Trek’ with you guys. You know, ‘Star Trek’ is universal. ‘Star Trek’ is global.

So probably in two months for international?

I just watched the first episode and it's definitely something. I'm feeling this show is best to watch as if it were a parody and not taken seriously. When I first saw the trailers, I was going on the assumption that the junior officers were the ones that being hellraisers and didn't act as an officer should. But after what I just saw, even the senior crew are just as incompetent. No First Officer wouldn't get something checked out like a bite from a different planet. Plus, the episode's meaning is more or less about the senior officers only getting recognition for other people's work which I've never seen that kind of attitude in other Trek series.   

• Like 1

Also there's a reference to a "Gary Mitchell" at the end so I looked him up and it's basically making fun of anything canon wise which seems like the writers are merely poking fun at us.

At least, that's what I got out of this article: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-trek-lower-decks-episode-1-gary-mitchell-easter-egg-joke

On 8/6/2020 at 5:54 PM, German Galven said:

I just watched the first episode and it's definitely something. I'm feeling this show is best to watch as if it were a parody and not taken seriously. When I first saw the trailers, I was going on the assumption that the junior officers were the ones that being hellraisers and didn't act as an officer should. But after what I just saw, even the senior crew are just as incompetent. No First Officer wouldn't get something checked out like a bite from a different planet. Plus, the episode's meaning is more or less about the senior officers only getting recognition for other people's work which I've never seen that kind of attitude in other Trek series.   

I agree it's nothing to be taken too seriously. I did enjoy it more than a lot of the other newer movies and series. I liked how they took a lot of inspiration for the sound and visual design from 90s Trek. That was nice. It was a nice little romp. 

• Like 1