• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Day Three: Staff Awards

Jo Marshall

Congratulations for you all! Those awards represent a tiny recognition for the tireless work that entails keep the group moving and that we all enjoy the trip. Thank you deeply for your time and dedication 

ClosedCelebratedFireant-small.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congratulations to all award recipients and immense thanks to all the staff members across the fleet who make 118 the fun, welcoming and inclusive place that it is.

• Like 2

Great work @Randal Shayne, it is very well deserved.  I don't think the Eagle and then the Juneau would be the ships they are without you and the fleet is definitely better with you.  

@Roshanara Rahman all I can say is without you and @Quinn Reynolds to listen to my dumb questions I wouldn't be here today, so thank you for that and thank you for all of the tireless effort you put into things.  I know its probably been less than like 48 hours since I've asked for your help with something or another so your awards are very well deserved.  

Great job all around everyone.

• Like 3

Congratulations to everyone earning these awards. I started swimming back in 2011 with Rear Admiral Turner who was a real inspiration to greatness. Ann gave a lot to the group, and she will be missed. When I came back, being assigned to SB118-Ops is a change of pace from before. I am enjoying being part of Fleet Captain Taybrim’s crew and I am looking forward to making as many new memories and connections here.

All of those awarded these accolades are part of what makes this group so enjoyable! 

• Like 2

Congratulations, everyone! Very much well deserved!

I'd also like to commend (and personally thank) both @Oddas Aria and @Randal Shayne - The two of you were, and still are, among the best faces I have to look up to, whenever it's some brainstorming for a sim (and I'm fully aware how difficult I can be when it comes to that), an OOC need, some much needed venting, and even just a casual chat - you always find the time to reply to anything I have to ask or say, even - or rather especially - with all your OOC work around the fleet, and the general management of the ship. And that, in my eyes, says a lot. I'm not sure if I can describe just how grateful I am to have met you, and write with you.

And again - congratulations to everybody! Your tireless work on the fleet is exactly what makes simming an extremely fun experience for me. I'm so glad to be here, and the immense work done by you is one, massive cause for it.

• Like 2

The staff awards this year reflect correctly the dedication and commitment of the folks who toil behind the scenes to make sure everything runs -- not like clockwork, which would be rote and boring, but like some kind of Dali-esque, zany-as-heck clock that keeps things continuously interesting. Congratulations!

• Like 1

Congratulations to the Award winners and Thank You to all Staff for your well appreciated efforts to make SB118 a safe, coordinated and fun place to play RPBEM!

~~ Rebecca

• Like 1

My sincerest congratulations to each and every one of you.  The amount of work you do, born of your generosity and desire to build something wonderful, is truly staggering.  As a fleet, we're tremendously lucky to have you.  As individuals, it's a pleasure and an honor getting to write with you.   Yours is the example we're proud to follow.  Thank you all!  

1 hour ago, Jo Marshall said:

Simply put, Jamie is not only a diplomat but is also a delight, an outstanding CO whose dedication to the growth and sustainability of her crew is second to none. This award is long overdue and extremely well deserved!"

@Sal Taybrim I can't thank you enough for the wonderfully warm welcome you gave me during my transition onto Ops. It was a difficult situation but you not only handled it like the wonderful Captain you are but like a friend. I have felt so much at home on Ops and I feel part of that is down to you. Your not intimidating to talk to like a Captain might if they only focused on being a diplomat. You strike a beautifully perfect balance between all the role you have to preform. Congratulations! 

• Like 1

I would like to deeply congratulate everyone, but especially my Captain... and being a little bold, I may say friend.

1 hour ago, Oddas Aria said:

Great work @Randal Shayne, it is very well deserved.  I don't think the Eagle and then the Juneau would be the ships they are without you and the fleet is definitely better with you.  

I pretty sure that on USS Arrow the history will be once again proud of him, Captain @Oddas Aria.

1 hour ago, Noa T'Nessa Levinson said:

I'd also like to commend (and personally thank) both @Oddas Aria and @Randal Shayne - The two of you were, and still are, among the best faces I have to look up to, whenever it's some brainstorming for a sim (and I'm fully aware how difficult I can be when it comes to that), an OOC need, some much needed venting, and even just a casual chat - you always find the time to reply to anything I have to ask or say, even - or rather especially - with all your OOC work around the fleet, and the general management of the ship. And that, in my eyes, says a lot. I'm not sure if I can describe just how grateful I am to have met you, and write with you.

I second everything you say, Ms. @Noa T'Nessa Levinson.

Congrats Commander @Randal Shayne, Captain of USS Arrow.

• Like 1

Thank you all so much.  ❤️

If you know me behind the scenes, I do not like to seek recognition; even pushing to see others recognized above myself.  But I am so thankful for having a fantastic and supportive crew who put forth some deep, meaningful nominations.  You are all the very best, thank you so much ❤️

~*~

@Roshanara Rahman - Congratulations!  You are truly one of the best staff people I have ever worked with.  You're probably the most tireless, hardworking person in the game beyond Admiral Wolf and one of the biggest champions for Fleetwide unity and positive progress.  You have an uncompromising ability to look at situations fairly and from multiple viewpoints and you are an advocate for all players of this game.  Though we have never simmed together (but we should change that in the future!) I know you as one of the most dependable, level headed and responsible people in the fleet.  Thank you so much for all you do, and once again CONGRATULATIONS!

@Oddas Aria - This really was the year that you started to shine.  From the Capstone project, the fostering of Commander Shayne through his Commander's exam and to his own launch, the building up of LtC Collins into a promising fleet staff member and the continued support of your crew to your dedication and work on the EC as our Captain at Large, CONGRATULATIONS, these recognitions are well deserved!

@Quinn Reynolds - Your leadership of the training team has been a tremendous light and has made that team into a well-oiled machine.  You help foster all our new members as well as working as a mentor and guide for many of our new COs who all speak highly of you.  Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into this game year after year, and CONGRATULATIONS on your well-earned recognition in this new award!

@Jarred Thoran - Thank you so much for bring a dedicated and popular Commanding Officer who had formed a model of communication for new ship launches.  I know you have struggled and overcome some difficult things in your command and have emerged as a strong CO that can confidently lead your crew moving forward,  CONGRATULATIONS on the PIke award, you have earned it!

@Randal Shayne - Thank you for all the hard work you do with the Trivia Chat, on the Picard committee and now in transition to your new launch.  CONGRATULATIONS and best of luck for bright futures and wonderful adventures moving forward!  We have faith in you!  Or it that Faith of the Heart?!

Congratulations everyone for helping make this game run as smoothly as it does for 26 years!

• Like 2

Huzzah! Congratulations to all of you! 

@Roshanara Rahman & @Oddas Aria I'm especially excited to see ya'll receive your awards. Having served with ya'll, however briefly on Project Capstone I wanted you to know that I have the utmost respect for you both, as writers and fellow comrades in arms in this wonderful fleet of ours. It is no mystery that I absolutely love the collaborative aspect of our fleet, and have written so...so many JPs with folks from ships all over it. So, it was an absolutely joy to have been able to represent Atlantis with a few of my fellow Atlanteans, for the test launch of the Juneau. I can't wait to see what you two do this next year and the years to come. Congrats! P.S. I'm always up for JPs!! :D 

• Like 2

Congratulations to all of you. Thank you every one, for your hard work keeping this community going!

Sincere and heartfelt congrats to you all, and many thanks for building/maintaining such a great community. Proud to be a part of it!

• Like 2

Man, this has been hanging in my drafts for far too long, waiting for a good edit! This is what happens when I've suddenly got no admin to do!

@Quinn Reynolds -  In the time I've known you, you've been a wonderful Captain and an excellent friend; a soft-hearted goofball like no other, a goober for all seasons, fair, open-minded, conscientious, and with the patience of a saint. I'm always impressed by your unfailing devotion to the crew and community, to your staff in all the OOC roles you have, to those in your leadership scope in all facets of the CC and EC, and those who look up to you as the pinnacle of the kind of Captain they want to be. I could not even begin to imagine what you do on a daily basis to help keep this fleet ticking over. That Vice Admiral belt is a heavy one and one I don't think many would know how to cope with. Even when things get challenging and there's trouble at t'mill, you were still encouraging change, focusing on the good things, seeing the best in people. I loved Tony's presentation for you, reading all that history because as your crew, we can feel it threading through everything we do - that consistent strive to be more inclusive, to collaborate more, to think of the fleet as a whole from the start and participate in making it great, to challenge ourselves, and it's why we've got such a cracking ship of simmers who want to help everywhere they can. We work together as a whole. There are so many people across our community who tell me how lucky I am to be your XO and I damn well know it. Here's to you, boss, and all the gin!

@Roshanara Rahman - Rich, my dude, you're ace. Thank you for doing everything you do in the Fleet and bringing that unbridled energy into your projects. I love your passion for new ideas and bringing them in with a resounding thunder. I'm really looking forward to seeing where you go in the future and what you do; all that energy has to get funnelled somewhere right? Another Bridge Crew night is on the cards. Me and Blake need to take you and Quinn to school. Bridge School. In all seriousness, thank you for being the tolerant, kindhearted soul you are. Your crew is lucky to have you. Somewhere, there's a Jacuzzi... 

@Oddas Aria - You've got a wonderful technical mind, a cool soul for projects, and bring a spark to anything you turn your hand to. I loved one of your nominations and I can't paraphrase this and do it any justice, so, "Innovation and adaptation are his unmatched strong suits, and under him, crews have flourished and stories have blossomed, relationships have developed and skills have been gained.... He is humble, exceedingly competent and possessed of a fighting spirit." I really enjoyed participating in the final swings of Capstone and it was a good framework for similar projects in the future, yet again showing where you're paving the way forward for the fleet. It's been rad how you've brought the Captain-At-Large role into the forefront, and one day I will pick your brains over a surgery session. Until then, keep being awesome!

@Jarred Thoran - I had the auspicious task of trying to follow you up from last year, and I don't think these Wellington boots you left me with fit all that well for the FLOODS OF NOMINATIONS. It's been so cool to see you take command of the Atlantis and come into a Captain of your own forging this past year, and I know you've got great things ahead. All your nominations weren't shy about how you are a champion of your crew, capable, fair and always willing to listen to their ideas. You're a fantastic leader and the continued success of the Atlantis proves it. Well done, mate. Looking forward to that beer we'll have in the green, green grass of home!

@Sal Taybrim - Diplomacy isn't the easiest thing to do sometimes, but you do it well with a level head and an open mind. The nominations I read spoke about how you are the driving force behind Ops, how you mentor with a firm but a steady hand and offer the chance for change to those wise enough and willing to take it. You're behind the scenes being supportive, considerate, stirring and determined, with a wealth of experience in roleplaying that comes through. It's clear to see Ops loves you as a leader and the community wouldn't be the same without you. Congratulations!  

@Randal Shayne - Ma boi levelled up! Seriously proud of the achievements you've made this year in everything you've done. Of all the chats we've had over this past twelve months, it's been evident how much you care about the group, how much you want to give something back by encouraging the best out of your crew no matter the ship you're on (and our of your friends, too!), and now you get to do exactly that with your own. You are, without doubt, one of the kindest and sharpest people, constant and unwavering support for everything out of character that goes on behind the scenes, and I'm so glad you've got your wings. Go forth, Captain! Do as the Captains do! Always choose the lesser of two weevils!

I can't let this go by without saying how much I appreciate you both, here. 

@Jalana, you're an amazing Captain with an awesome crew, who does so much for keeping our Image Collective inspired, I don't know how you've got the creative energy sometimes. It's been one incredible year doing a deep dive into that with you and finding I've got a friend just over that border to the east. Nominations talked about how you keep high morale, the driving force and "consistent leader, mentor and diplomat" to help your crew shine, how you're a cornerstone of the Fleet, and that's just about as true as it gets. You're excellent and I hope this goes some way to show it!

@Tony (Kells), you have been so cool in helping behind the scenes with this award season, I can't even begin. Thank you for your lovingly written presentations for everyone, for that reminder where the Fleet has come from and where the future lies. You had some wonderful nominations which talked about the new flair and dedication you brought to the Captain's Council Magistrate position, and the great changes you've brought about there in aiding collaborative discussion. I've had an earworm for the past six months telling me how amazing you are as a Captain and it's not hard to see when your crew have such energy, passion and dedication to the fleet — your crew is right there behind you with a resounding thunderous roar from the Thor. Thank you for being awesome!

@FltAdml. Wolf, so, about next year... ::runs::

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2