• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Ensign Keneth Nakada - Explosions

((OOC: Awesome sim, Ensign @Keneth Nakada!))

(( Shuttlebay 2, USS Arrow ))

Nakada: ::whispering:: Commander, those are some very primitive suits.

Collins: Indeed, Ensign, but maybe we can turn that to our advantage. Scan for any junction points, exposed areas, or weak points in the structure of the suits if you can and as quick as you like, thank you...

Keneth took a second to steady his hands. He was scared. Really scared. First time, eh? His brain chirped a little too cheerily. Adrenaline kicked in pretty quickly and he fumbled his tricorder open, carefully breaching the dampening field with just the front of the sensors pack. A reassuring stream of data began appearing. Atmospheric pressure, spatial volume … engineering schematic breakdown. The device’s scans showed what appeared to be unibody insulated construction, except for ...

Nakada: The sides.The tiny black indentations on the sides of the suit appear to be exposed circuitry, maybe to ground it, or externally deactivate the suit. Regardless, I they appear to connect directly to the internal systems.

Probably. Most of it was just guesswork. It had been a while since he’d read an engineering schematic raw. He was too used to nice holographic representations with simulations.

Collins: Of course they bloody are. ::He turned to the warrant officer.:: Would shooting those kill them?

The warrant officer thought for a second.

Kingsley: It should - or I imagine it might cause an overload in their power systems and cause them some time to reset. Even some time to reset would be helpful.
Collins: Okay, good. I want to stem any more loss of life if we can avoid it. Here's the play. I am going to get them to expose that area and then you two, being the hip young gunslingers you are, are going to disable them. Hopefully allowing us to ask them a few questions and get up to the Bridge to hopefully kill that ruddy dampening field. Everyone clear?

He nodded, fighting an impulse to giggle at hip young gunslingers. It was a snort-worthy comment.

Nakada: Yes, sir.
Collins: If I told you that, you wouldn't let me do it. Just be ready...

Keneth watched keenly. Maybe the commander had some further knowledge about them that he could glean from what he did next. Then the commander raised his hands and sprinted comically at the suits. He was torn between calling the commander a fumbling idiot and simply saying it was technically the simplest trick in the book. So simple it would work.

The warrant officer looked like she wanted to have an aneurysm as she bit her tongue.

Collins: Heya, boys!

The suit let out a noise. He sincerely hoped it was a similarly raucous introduction.

Collins: SAY, this isn't Deep Space 12! Gee, Stellar Cartography isn't what it used to be, is it?

Keneth had to actively remind himself of what was happening to stay focused. This was hilarious.

Collins: I tell ya, boys, you think you know a map and then it just spits ya out right where ya least wa-

In a flash that broke his semi-unfocused state of befuddlement, the creature got over its confusion and grabbed the science officer, lifting him up like a helium carcass. Damn it, the commander couldn’t be hurt now. He had to find out what Skeets was. Just as he began to calculate how to get within range of the creature safely, Kingsley sprinted ahead. He wasn’t completely sure what to do, so he followed, staying to the side.

Boarder #1: STARRRRRRFLEETERRRR.

See, that was an aberration of Federation Standard. Kingsley raised her phaser and fired straight at the narrow strip of exposure. In a moment of horror Keneth realised he was directly where the creature would fall. Cursing his absentmindedness, he ran around the creature, hoping he was still hidden, though that probably meant very little to the boarder’s sensors.

Kingsley: That was stun! Increase to full power!

He could hear faint beeps as the warrant officer adjusted her phaser settings and fired again.

CRACK

A small plasma shockwave went through the corridor as the electrical discharge arced outward. The boarder holding Collins dropped to the ground, though he couldn’t see what happened to the commander. He also very quickly realised that the other boarder was very quickly approaching him, raising his arm. Keneth was still dazed from the shockwave and wouldn’t be able to aim and Kingsley’s phaser was probably completely discharged …

So he did the one thing he had been told never to do. He aimed his phaser at the access hatch across the hallway, closed his eyes and fired. He couldn’t risk announcing it - hopefully the other two would duck.

SNAP

The plasma conduit exploded, the remaining superheated gas in it dousing the other creature, ions overcharging their suits. A loud snapping sound came as a pungent odour of burning bulkhead material filled the air, another flash searing his retinas. The remaining boarder had dropped down.

Nakada: HELLO? Commander? Kingsley? Anyone there?!

He coughed violently as he steadied himself against the wall, desperately searching for the other two in the haze. He could feel his jovial nature wearing off as the situation settled and he realized what had just happened.

Collins: Response
Kingsley: Response
Nakada: ::coughing:: I can’t, I don’t -

He wanted to pass out. He was in over his head. He was supposed to tinker with EPS efficiencies and Warp XV drives. This wasn’t fair. It had been twenty four hours. Barely any time to do anything he’d imagined. Time to be a normal officer. He fought his nausea, his head spinning. Well, he thought ironically. He had the opportunity so many dreamed of – to make a difference. His crewmates were depending on him.

Nakada: I don’t know how long we have. They seemed to be able to abs, ads, absorb ::heaving:: a fair amount of energy. We should assume they’ll wake up within fifteen minutes I’d think.

He dropped to the floor and shook his head clear, fragments of debris falling out of his hair. They’d come so close to being puddles of soup.

Kingsley: Response

Ensign Keneth Nakada
Engineering
USS Juneau, NX-99801
J239706KN0

• Like 2