• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Juneau's Rememberable quotes!!! IC

Same sim from Kendrick's quote:

T’Lea hated diplomatic missions.  They were the most grueling, time consuming, mentally challenging of all tasks to endure.  Having been a Diplomatic Officer for a brief time she understood the frustration that emanated around the negotiation table, the petty bickering, and the short tempers.  She had been relieved that she only had to be there for the introductions and the rest of her time was sat in her chair on the bridge.

Bored.

Out.

Of.

Her.

Ever-loving.

Mind.

Over the past two weeks there were times when she’d wished that the cease fire between the Zik and Cagnal would fail just so that she could have some stimulation.

Oh, I feel that pain! :D Serala doesn't much care for diplomatic missions either ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Arys   I really LOL'ed at this.  So funny. :D

Trovek: So this is really standard and I won’t bother you for long. I just need to know if you feel any kind of aggression. Anxiety. Homicidal tendencies. If you look at the viewscreen, do you see any forms or symbols? 

oO Like a huge, shiny inkblot. Oo 

Edited by TLea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Falt: Apologies to interrupt. I've finished reviewing the pottery from Cagnal and thought you might want to read this. ::handing her the PADD:: it seems the drinking bowl is a deeply symbolic gift and was intended for you personally.

---

She glanced over the PADD, it was displaying a catalog of the artifacts.  The bowl in question was clay, painted in symbols she didn't understand.  It seemed to be in that awkward size that was too big to be practical for coffee, too small to be called a soup bowl.

Oh yes.  That's our Captain.  Use the ceremonial bowl as a coffee mug.  lol ;) @Oddas Aria

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Defective Vulcan at it again.  @TLea

T’Lea:  Don’t look at me.  I am not on duty and therefore whatever you three decide, I will go along with it.  ::pause:: No matter how stupid it is. 

She just had to throw that in there.  It made her happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

From the same post @TLea, I liked how this characterization was woven among the dialogue.

T’Lea:  And you would be master of the realm I presume?

Trovek: … You were the queen last time. 

She cut her smile short with a sip from her mug.   The memory of their last jaunt in the holodeck sprang to mind...

After ordering the execution of Lagertha’s lover in their Viking holo-adventure the thought of killing for revenge, or any other reason for that matter, wasn’t very satisfying.  This surprised her. 

It also worried her. 

Was this weakness, or personal growth?

Kendrick: ::changing subject:: Perhaps we should just stick to the holonovel as programmed?

Kendrick to the rescue again.  He was becoming her voice of reason.

Also, the idea of a toilet paper shortage being part of the program made me chuckle. 😄

With that Sival made a brief exit to… well, T’Lea assumed he was going to the restroom, and when he returned he had a roll of paper in his hands.  She’d heard about toilet paper, but it seemed to be the wrong era for that luxury.  And why would he be returning with it anyway?  Was there a toilet paper shortage in this time period?

As he spread a map out on the table, she realized just how wrong she’d been.  And thankfully so.  There was a moment when she questioned his logic for lining the tabletop with a sanitary product.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

In a short period of time, the company found themselves approaching the weaponsmith shop. From a distance, they could hear the CLANG! CLANG! CLANG! of hammer hitting metal against an anvil, or something like one - the sound of a new weapon being forged. As they drew closer, they could see the weaponsmith - a Bolian - doing his work in front of his shop despite the unfavorable weather. 

The Bolian stopped what he was doing as the intrepid Musketeers dismounted.

Weaponsmith: Ah! The Four Musketeers! You have come to rescue our dear King! Please come into my shop and take whatever suits your quest!

Clearly a programmed player character, Sival thought. 

At least the holodeck characters know what we're supposed to do 😄. I loved @Sival's last observation here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
The line closed with a beep and Aria found herself staring at the space Alea had been occupying just moments before - the pain deepening, trying to convince herself she was the Captain of a Starship and she had to keep it together, for the crew, to get it done, to keep them safe. 

She bit her lip to keep herself in the present.  Suddenly there was a voice interrupting her.

Tito: It felt, but it wasn’t real. It worsen the pain, but maybe it could bring us something Captain.

Aria tried to set her face hard and looked to the Lieutenant and tilted her head. 

Tito: Closure.

She couldn't take it - it wasn't closure to see Alea disappear again, it wasn't closure to have the woman she thought was all the best parts of her die, it wasn't closure to be reminded how she had failed because in a moment she was indecisive - regardless of what the counselors had told her.  

She felt an anger rising inside of her.

Oddas: I ::pause::

She clutched her fists and rethought her response.

Oddas: Take the bridge, inform me of any problems.

Any: Response

Aria left the bridge and entered her ready room, when she was sure the room was closed behind her, she leaned back against the wall next to the door.  In her mind, the scene of Alea fell down the rock face over and over, forcing the chasm in her chest to widen.  Aria slid along the wall, openly sobbing, wrapping her arms around her knees.

I will admit that I was 99% certain that we would get either an almost tearful goodbye, or some similarly warm and fuzzy conclusion to @Oddas Aria and Alea.

A happy ending.

I absolutely adore that this wasn't the case. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

She had him right where she wanted him, and boy did she want to play with him.  She was itching to get a reaction out of him, even if it was a verbal fight.  Just something other than normal routine interactions that felt so uninterested.

T’Lea:  Are you aware of the water-borne spike worm that enters in through the urethra to deposit eggs.

It gave a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘swimming upstream’.  Of course such a critter wasn’t found in these particular parts.  Maybe he knew that, maybe he didn’t.  She withheld a devilish smile, and remained deadpan in expression.

Just this 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

@Tomas Falt  Sure.  Sure.  That's the excuse.  The Oralian drinking game is catching on fast. ;)

Falt: Ahh, I’ve just told this story to the good Doctor Sival. I did get a campfire in the middle of nowhere briefly, along with my father. But we decided to join T’Lea and her team and ended up finding the Oralians.

He paused to take a sip of his latest drink, expecting to need to explain further, but the counsellor already seemed to be aware of T’Lea’s expedition, so he took another sip instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

^^ Says the guilty lady. 

Kendrick: Yes. Very close. In order to be able to protect them, you see. I take my job very seriously. As you’ll understand.

Trovek: Absolutely. ::shaking her head with a smile:: And, between you and me, it’s probably a good idea to keep a close eye on her. I was thinking of asking her out on a date. 

No, she wasn't, but she was curious to see Kendricks reaction. She had however brought back some of her grandfather’s liquor and wouldn’t mind sharing it with the woman whose inner child she had met. 

The Counselor's romantic interest in T'Lea had taken John completely by surprise. For a moment there he didn't know where to look so he ended up staring at his feet.

Kendrick: I see.

;) lol  You's just as ebil as the rest of us.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Tito nodded and turned to Arys before speaking.

Tito: Do you have any suggestions about how to deal with the people down there? With your work you can give some educated guesses, right?

Trovek: response  

Tito: How about the Borg, any thoughts on that?

Trovek: response

Tito nodded thankfully to Arys and looked at Germanovich. This was a good moment to put the Marines to good use. Turning to Kendrick first he began to get his hand down to work forming a plan.

Tito: Lieutenant I recommend we send a recon team first. ::He gestured to the Marine Lieutenant that was quietly sitting in the briefing.:: Lieutenant Germanovich I assume you have a Marine Recon Unit in the contingent right? Do you know if there is any diving equipment available?

Germanovich: response

Tito nodded and turned to Kendrick.

Tito: If it is OK with you Sir we should send a small detachment. ::Tito took over the display and began to rotating it, drawing a few lines and presenting his plan.:: The problem is the beam in point, but we can beam them at night in this point. From here they can dive all the way down. We can modify any diving equipment to match the needs in less than an hour.

Kendrick/Germanovich: response

Tito then turned to the others, especially First Officer Qinn.

Tito: Up here I can try and set up an emission dampening field to block the borgs transmissions. I can use the main deflector to direct its efforts.

Qinn/Any: response

Tito shot a glance at Arys. His concern grew. The others were his ship mates, but Arys was the sister he never had. His cold expression reflected the worry for her safety that he was feeling. He returned to Lieutenant Germanovich before facing his senior officers

Tito: I hope you can swim. If my plan is approved obviously.

Love seeing @Vitor S. Silveira spring into action, and really appreciate how this is providing direct openings for others 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The panel door was easy to remove. Time and nature’s reclamation did that part for him, simply needing to be pushed aside a little more than it already had been with the surrounding vines over it. Nature also allowed for a fairly large spider to settle where he needed to get to. Something of a tarantula. Dekas allowed himself all of five seconds to appreciate the creature, then took a deep breath and hoped it wouldn’t bite him.

Dekas: ::gently to the spider:: Sorry about this, my friend, but you need to go.

He reached a hand out, and used his other hand to coax it onto his palm. The spider puffed up to make itself bigger, and it defensively tried to embed its itchy hairs into his skin. It was distinctly uncomfortable and even painful. His hand was tingling with sharp pins and needles sensation under the feathers. But he wouldn’t let it stop him from doing what he needed to do. He’d made this choice, he’d live with it. He’d dealt with worse. And aside from that, it went onto his hand without a bite, and then onto the ground to scurry off somewhere else, probably feeling the vibrations of their feet and deciding it wasn’t worth the extra effort today.

He almost felt bad for moving it.

Almost.

Dekas briefly shook his hand from the discomfort of the spider hairs and focused in on the access panel. No more big spiders. Just plant matter and old technology now. 

Dekas: Well then. Watch where you step, yes? That one was cooperative enough, but who knows about the rest.

Absolutely loved the way @Dekas described his little encounter with a spider! I don't think Kendrick would've kept his calm like that 😁.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

He tapped ‘Validate’ as she tapped the end of the cable onto the casing. The time it took to know what would happen felt longer than it probably was in reality. If it would be too long, or too short an amount of time. If it would set off the security system, or believe it was in maintenance mode as intended.

It proved successful in the end, however.

Dekas: I believe we are a business. ::a beat:: In business. Both if we wanted, who’s counting?

@Dekas Ace - this last sentence. Funny, brilliant and even more so because of its subtly.     

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1