• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Favourite Episode

Devlin

Chose some of your favourite Episodes from any of the shows, don’t go too OTT, four or five at the most. Put down the name of the Episode and the Show it’s from next two it. You can also give a reason why these are your favourite if you want to.

I’ll start,

My favourite are,

Past Tense, part1 & 2- DS9

Hell Year - Voy

Yesterdays Enterprise - TNG

Past Tense was very impressive and had a strong social message.

Hell Year was very exciting, plus I got to see the Voyager get destroyed. :)

It was a good idea to show the Enterprise-C and bring back Tasha Yar which gave the show a new story in the form of her daughter in Yesterdays Enterprise.

Hell Year - Voy

You mean "Year of Hell," also a 2-parter.

My favourites are:

the Trouble with Tribbles - TOS

Trials and Tribble-ations - DS9

- because the first was quite entertaining, and the second was fabulous at splicing the two together, and funny in it's own right.

QPid - TNG

- because Q is my favourite, and I love the lore of Robin Hood

("I am NOT a merry man!" - Worf)

Lower Decks - TNG

- because you never get to see everything else that goes on onboard a starship.

Relics - TNG

- because bringing back Scotty was a great idea, and the concept of the Dyson Sphere

-and most of the Voyager episodes

"Turnabout Intruder" - TOS. First brush with the Romulans and brilliant tactics from two great Captains.

"Darmok" - TNG. Wonderful writing and plot.

"Best Of Both Worlds" - TNG. Riker's battle with the Borg. Picard is assimilated. 'Nuff said.

"Sacrifice of Angels" - DS9. The Federation re-takes DS9.

"Year of Hell" - VOY.

In Theory - TNG - Data tries to be in a "relationship" - i loved it so much i even adapted this for a school play

Year of Hell - VOY

Mirror, mirror: TOS - Great character interaction and an awesome plot.

The Best of Both Worlds: TNG - The Borg, Locutus, space battles. What more could you want?!

Take Me Out to the Holosuite (and) Badda-bing Badda-bang: DS9 - Two great episodes that allow the crew to escape from the pressures of the War.

Endgame: VOY - End of an era, Voyager finally gets home.

Shuttlepod One: ENT - Hilarious and great interaction between Trip and Malcom.

I have tons of favorites, but a few stick out in my mind. As others have mentioned, I thought "Year of Hell" was a superbly done 2-parter. Tons of adventure, drama, etc.

My favorite DS9 episode has always been "The Ship." They just showed it on Spike the other day :D This is the one where Sisko finds the Jem'Hadar ship, and then has to protect his find against a Vorta/Jem'Hadar squad until the Defiant can arrive and tractor the downed-ship back to DS9. For some reason, this episode has always stuck with me. I thought it was a really gate statement on international disputes, and that the Trek side of it was really engaging.

• 2 weeks later...

TOS-MIRROR, MIRROR. A mirror enterprise and crew trying to kill each other who would love it.

TNG-Best of both worlds both parts (i can do this becuase it was air once as 1 episode:Riker v Borg nothing else to say.

DS9- sacrifice of angels. Because i loved to hate it that episode (if u know what i mean)

Voy-Year of Hell ( i cna do this again becuase it was aired once as 1 episode) It was one of the most soundest time infested plots i have ever seen.

• 3 weeks later...

Whell I think their all great I can't really decide wich one is the best :huh:

U cant decided its a very easy choice

yep

• 8 months later...

TOS: "City on the Edge of Forever" and the "Menagerie"

TNG: "Darmok" and that one where Picard is taken to live a lifetime on another planet.

DS9: "Trials and Tribble-ations"

VOY: All garbage

ENT: I don't even watch it

TNG: "Darmok" and that one where Picard is taken to live a lifetime on another planet.

The other episode was called "Inner Light", it was also one of my favourites, and it won an award (Golden Globe, I think).

While having TONS of favorite episodes, I think one of the highest ranking (that I don't see already mentioned) is Deja Q from TNG. It's the one where Q is 'condemned' to mortality and chooses to be Human, residing on the Enterprise where a predator awaits Q. They have been tormented by him, and they will not pass the chance to get even while he's human! ;)

Edited by Alana Devar

• 11 months later...

TOS: "Shore Leave" - I have never watched such a trippy trek episode as this one and I doubt they will never make another one of the same calibre.

TNG: "Chain of Command I/II" - "There are FOUR lights" I was in tears watching Patrick Stewarts' performance, totally moving and such a fine actor.

DS9: 95% of the Seven Seasons *laughs* "Return to Grace" springs to mind though. A good stand off between Kira and Dukat. "The Die Is Cast" A fascinating stand off between Odo and Garak.

VOY: "Heroes and Demons" - Grabbed you from start to finish and an early gem from the first season.

ENT: "Demons" - One of the better acted and thought out scripts. I totally felt the pain of T`Pol watching her daughter die and Phlox's face when he couldn't save the infant....