• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Week: Security Officer You'd Want At Your Side?

Randal Shayne

Poll of the Week: Security Officer You'd Want At Your Side?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Security Officer would you want guarding you the most?

• Malcolm Reed- experience at losing helps you plan at winning.
    • Tasha Yar- Tough as nails, and dying once takes the edge away from the second time.
    • Worf, Son of Mogh- all that bat’leth training had to count for something.
    • Odo- I’d like to see a drone try to assimilate him!
    • Michael Eddington- yes, I know, but he’s capable nonetheless, and who better to keep your spirits up?
    • Tuvok- Nothing like fighting with someone who will critique your stance and weight distribution.
    • Landry- ...yeah.
    • Something else? Let us know below!

The worst has finally happened- the alternate future seen in The Next Generation episode “Parallels” has come to pass. The Federation is no more, the Borg are swarming the Alpha Quadrant, and the only thing holding them at bay is Riker’s uncontrollable beard. Amidst this madness, you are determined to survive at any cost. But you can’t do it alone! In this desperate hour, you need a security officer by your side that you can trust, someone who has served Starfleet faithfully. The list is long and varied, and you may use any canon security officer from any time period. With that in mind, who would you pick? The disciplined yet somewhat trigger happy Malcolm Reed? Worf, who’s hand to hand skills might be extremely useful? Maybe a Changeling might be your style- Odo would be a formidable ally. Or perhaps you’d prefer a random redshirt from The Original Series- hey, if they’re focused on him, they’re not focused on you.
This week’s poll asks you which security officer you’d want at your side the most in an apocalypse. Give us your vote, and let us know your rational in the comments section below!

If it's  the horrible "Borg-are-everywhere" universe described here, I've gotta go with Worf. He's got the most experience dealing with Borg, and possibly the most combat experience overall. Tuvok would be my second choice. 

I did briefly consider Landry, since she also has wartime experience. But she also [spoilers redacted] in two universes, which makes me think she probably wouldn't actually be that handy to have around. I was going to say something about leaving Ash Tyler off the list of choices, but... yeah.

Edited by Evan Delano
  • Like 1

One phrase clinched this for me: "Today is a good day to die."

Honor, duty, and loyalty would keep Worf at your back until the bitter end. Victory or death!

• Like 1

Even though I picked Odo...isn't Tuvok a master level in like a dozen different martial arts styles?  Worf who?

I love Worf, but I'd pick Guinan first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valin Dermont said:

Even though I picked Odo...isn't Tuvok a master level in like a dozen different martial arts styles?  Worf who?

I love Worf, but I'd pick Guinan first.

I mean, that's cheating, Dermy. Guinan ftw any day. 

• Like 2