• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

MSNPC Captain Rex McMillan - Treachery Comes in All Forms

((Enroute to the Engineering Deck, USS Fortwith))

((OOC -  You can fit this into the timeline how ever you'd like folks, just had this fresh in my head, so I wanted to get it out there. ))

:: Parsons had been a loyal officer, but perhaps even his mind had been a little warped since the beginning of all this. Mac moved quickly through the corridors that didn't have lift access, making sure to keep eyes out along the way for crew members that would need to be ready for the explosion ahead. He didn't even know if he fully trusted what was about to transpire, but they had no other choices, no other options that would even sound remotely sane or possible. He had to get to the core. oO What has gotten into him? Oo. ::

:: He remembered the first time he'd brought the man aboard his ship. He remembered how green he was, and also how he had advanced through the ranks fairly swiftly. He remembered his pinning ceremony to that of a Lieutenant Junior Grade under his tutelage. He held back the smile that so often came to his face. But this time, he held his hand on his pistol, drawing it out in preparation for what was to come. The tone of the man's voice had Mac sniffing out mutiny... ::

((Engineering Section, USS Fortwith))

:: The doors to engineering slid open, squeaking as they did having been clearly damaged in the crash. The power was on, and the place was lit, but there was smoke about, and sparks now and again. Some of the uninkured crewmen were making projects of the sparks and smoke, attempting to clean what they could. He holstered his pistol for now, approaching the command and control station. Jeffrey was there. ::

McMillan: I don't think the comms were working correctly Lieutenant...

Parsons: No... no they worked just fine :: as he turned to face the man before him. :: 

McMillan: Listen, they have a plan... One that could get us home. 

Parsons: And you believe it right? There are Klingons onboard Mac... Klingons...

McMillan: And they've proven useful thus far. Why now all of a sudden are you doubting me? Listen if you're not gonna follow orders, then I guess I'll have to do this... 

:: He was cut off  by a punch to the throat. He fell to his knees, grasping at his neck. He looked to Parsons, who then kicked him in the face sending him backwards, striking his head hard on the floor. The man walked over to him, securing his weapon in his hand and stepping back. ::

McMillan: :: With a winded, raspy voice. :: What the F*&# are you doing....

Parsons: You've been colluding all along... With the Klingons. You brought us here... You killed us REX... YOU KILLED US ALL THE MINUTE WE ENTERED THIS SYSTEM.

McMillan: You don't know what you're talking about. That doesn't even make sense Jeff!

Parsons: I do... And I'm not letting it go any further... Right after we attempted to get rid of the Klingon that came to Earth. We ambushed them... but somehow, we made it out alive. Somehow, even though many others gave their lives, good ole Rex made it out alive. And now we're here, with Klingons aboard trying to render aid. You're a traitor...

:: He was so confused. He hadn't seen this coming at all, not even a hint of it at all. He stood for now, keeping his distance. ::

McMillan: Well. Hmph. :: beat:: I guess you'll just have to take me into custody then right?

:: You couldn't even touch the tension with a knife. He glared at the boy... who glared right back at him. He was swollen with pride, that he had everything all figured out. He wouldn't know the error of his ways. ::

Parsons: Oh you can count on it... :: he started moving towards Rex ::

:: He waited for the man to move within a foot of him while turning to place his hands behind his back. He turned suddenly and dove into the man's midsection, sending him backwards into the console. The pistol went flying to the left. Jeff returned with a series of blows to the back of the head, and a kick to the chest. Mac fell to the floor, head cloudy, face a mess... He turned his head right... oO The pistol... Oo. He lunged with every ounce he had left, grabbed the weapon, and turned it towards Parsons... He pulled the trigger, and a round flew, narrowly missing Parsons, and striking the area of the core. He recognized the green that began to spew from the coupling he'd apparently hit. Parsons was nowhere to be found. There he was again, only this time he wielded a spanner, striking Mac in the shoulder. He returned with a head butt, sending Jeff crashing to the floor. He moved to the console and opened the comm as quickly as he could ::

McMillan: =/\=BRIDGE! GET READY!=/\=

Bridge Folks: =/\=[Tag]=/\=

McMillan: =/\= I don't have a lot of time here... There's... AAHHH.... There's plasma venting into the room! =/\= 

:: He turned to see the plasma spilling into the room, the coolant lines had gone, and the core was going awol at least per the console. He watched as plasma enveloped Parson, setting him ablaze and sucking the air from the room at the same time as ignition. He felt choked. He heard Jeff screaming, and watched as his skin bubbled like the crackling of a roast pig. It fell away from him and then into nothing but carbon spent along the corridor floor. He felt the heat rising... ::

Bridge: [Tag]

McMillan: =/\= DON'T YOU DARE RACHEL, THERE's NO TIME! I'M EJECTING the co...... Ugh..... AHHHHH..... =/\=

Bridge: [Tag]

McMillan =/\= Just make sure this wasn't for nothing..... =/\= He cut the comm :: 

:: His uniform ignited as the green plasma approached. He could feel the air within him boiling, rushing from his lungs, his legs caught fire, then his back and torso... He took his hand and put in the short code for ejection, just as his consciousness left him... ::

:: The room suddenly was quiet, and rushing with wind all at once. The air was sucked from the room as the port side hatch opened, ripping the doors from their posts, sending the warp core flying through. It would eject from the side of the vessel in a smoldering heap of junk, ready to burst at the seams. The decompression seemed efficient enough to send the core some distance. :: 

TBC/Tags

-- 
MSNPC Captain Rex McMillan
Commanding Officer
USS Fortwith NX-03

as Simmed by

Lieutenant JG Na'Lae Mandak
Helm Officer
USS Blackwell 
Andaris Task Force
O238901VL0

• Like 3