• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Week: Alternate Worlds

Laria Herren

Poll of the Week: Alternate Worlds  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which alternate reality would you like to see further explored?

• The Mirror Universe
    • The Anti-Time Future
    • The Kelvin Timeline
    • The Borg-overrun Federation from "Parallels"
    • The alternate Dominion War timeline discovered by the USS Invicta
    • Something else? Let us know below!

Alternate dimensions and parallel universes are common sights in Star Trek. They pose fascinating what-if questions that change the course of the universe we know and love in new and interesting ways. What if Starfleet was an evil armada enforcing the will of a corrupt and xenophobic empire? What if the Borg had not been stopped by the Enterprise-D after the Battle of Wolf 359? The answers to these questions set the stage for possible realities that greatly vary from the “prime” universe of Star Trek we are used to. A few of these universes have been explored over multiple films or episodes, but many are seen once and mostly forgotten. They all present interesting scenarios, but some might find certain possibilities more interesting than others. The story of a ship of the Terran Empire or a lone ship stranded in occupied territory could give us new and interesting plots that a Starfleet ship normally couldn’t use. Which alternate reality would you like to see further explored?

• Like 1

I always loved the Anti-Time Future from the "All Good Things" even if it was a rather depressing place to be! Who doesn't cheer when the modified Enterprise-D emerges from its cloak to send the Klingons packing? :)

• Like 1

While the Borg universe certainly caught my eye, I'm not sure I'd enjoy seeing the Federation ripped to shreds. At the same time, I'd love to learn more about the Invicta's universe. Seems quite fascinating, in a grim sort of way. 

• Like 1

I may be biased, but the Dominion universe. The Gorkon visited it for a while, and it was terrifying and interesting. 

Also, interestingly, in that universe, Voyager would return home this year, since no future-Janeway would exist to go back and send them home sooner. Would be interesting to see how Voyager reacts to the destruction of the Federation.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be very interesting to go back and see how what's left of the Federation is dealing with the Dominion, since my character fought in it and his parents were killed in it...