• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

ENS Avarin - No Lifeforms Harmed in Illogical Pursuit of Maps

((Holodeck 1, Oakenfort Program, USS Blackwell))

Thoran: Excellent idea. Perhaps you would like to volunteer making a copy of the map for the Whitehammers.

Avarin: ::Nodding:: I will.

::She found the individual holding the map and took a long moment to study its contents. The task was not a difficult one and once she had the information, she walked about the square, finally settling on an elderly gentleman dressed in long flowing robes noting as she did so, the ink-stained, gnarled fingers just visible at the end of his voluminous sleeves.::

Avarin: o0The attire is illogical given what I surmise to be his profession but then again, I suspect that this simulation was not intended to be historically accurate.0o

::She approached, her footfalls whisper-quiet though that was more due to years of training rather than any abilities assigned by presentation of a card, and came to stand beside the gentleman. His blue eyes were faded, his nose showing signs of badly set break, and his beard hung to the middle of his thin chest. She could see, now that she was closer, crumbs clinging to its knotted, greying length.::

Avarin: Excuse me, Sir. I am in need of paper and writing implements.

Scribe: ::Squinting up at her:: Eh? I've only one length of vellum left and not likely to be giving it to you, I have to say.

Avarin: ::[...]ing her head slightly to one side:: o0Vellum. Animal skin and as such, unacceptable were this an actual away mission. This is the holodeck and no lifeform would be harmed to assuage any concerns the team might have about my ability to recall accurately.0o Perhaps you might have a few scraps available? I would not need much to complete my task.

Scribe: ::Stroking his beard causing crumbs to spinkle down across his sandaled feet:: I might ... thought I'll not be just giving it away.

Avarin: It can be reused. When our task is finished, I will return the scrap to you.

Scribe: And why should I trust ::looking her up and down:: the likes of you?

Avarin: ::Arching one eyebrow:: Why wouldn't you? We are here at the request of your mayor for the benefit of your town. Surely one scrap of vellum of little worth to you as it is, is a small price to pay.

Scribe: ::Nodding sourly:: Aye, I agree. One scrap ::wagging one finger, ink-stained with dirt crusted under a long nail:: but no more!

Avarin: Ink and a quill will also be needed.

:: Scowling, the Scribe walked away, muttering under his breath, and motioned for her to follow. Together, they entered his home where the Scribe lifted scrolls and boxes, finally finding a scrap of vellum of suitable size. Avarin sat at his desk, an act which caused the man to start muttering again, and drew the map from memory. It was a task suited to her training though not within the skill set outlined on the card she had been given. The Scribe hovered over her shoulder, watching her work, and nodding in mute appreciation.::

Avarin: o0I can be only who I am.0o ::Rising:: Thank you, Sir. I will return this scrap when our task is complete.

Scribe: ::Waving her off:: That were good work. No need to return it.

Avarin: ::[...]ing her head to one side:: o0Illogical. It will disappear when the simulation ends.

:: With that done, she returned to the group and wordlessly handed the map over to the Commander.::
~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~
Ensign Avarin
Engineering Officer I Whitehammers
USS Blackwell
My Writer ID: A239411ZC0

• Like 2