• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Captain’s Corner: Brell, CO of the USS Atlantis

StarBase 118 Staff

Each month, we interview a captain or first officer of the fleet to gain more insight on what it takes to command a ship and learn more about how each of these staff members found their way into these roles.

This month, we’re interviewing Cmdr. Brell, the CO of the newly launched USS Atlantis.

WOLF: Welcome back to the hotseat! Last time we talked to you was September of 2016 for our Training Team, and now you’re a commanding officer! Many congratulations on the promotion – your hard work has really paid off. Can you refresh our audience’s memory and tell us a little about yourself including where you hail from and what you like to do when you’re not simming or training the Academy?

BRELL: Thank you Admiral! Well my name is Lee and I live in the middle of the Arizona desert with my partner, our dog, where we help take care of the family property, along with my dad, and his cat. Been a long time Star Trek, sci-fi and rpg in general fan.

Talk to us about your writing style. What’s your process for putting together a sim?

I write my sims in google docs where I can always start with where I left on on my last sim. Then I add in the new tags and go from there. I try to reference experiences Brell has had over the years into my sims as often as I can. Also his family life (The good times and the bad.) often colors how he sees things happening around him.

Can you give the readers some insight into what it’s like commanding a ship in UFOP: SB118?

It is of course a good deal of work, you get a lot of questions thrown your way. Most of it is quite fun; getting to work on missions, and answering those questions that do come up. I have found myself quickly feeling connection to ship, and crew always wondering what is going on with them nearly all the time.

Looking back on your experience so far, what would be one piece of advice you’d give to anyone who’s just joined?

My advice would be to never be afraid to ask questions, and seek connections with your fellow fleetmates. People are nearly always on the fleet Discord channel so it is a great place to start!

Do you take inspiration from any of the captains featured in Star Trek? Are you more of a Kirk or a Picard?

Hmm that is a tough one. Brell with his family life aspect is a bit like Sisko. He does not have the diplomatic skills at the epic level of the Picard, or the shirt ripped every time action style of Kirk. I would say I like to take a bit from all of the command styles we have seen on screen over the years and go with what feels right for the character overall, and in the moment.

Thanks so much for your time!

Thank you Admiral, and everyone around the fleet!

You can read more about Cmdr. Brell on the wiki.

The post Captain’s Corner: Brell, CO of the USS Atlantis appeared first on UFOP: StarBase 118 Star Trek RPG.

ufopsb118?d=yIl2AUoC8zA ufopsb118?i=-12eZG4WpFE:HEeGEG_Vex4:D7Dq ufopsb118?d=qj6IDK7rITs
-12eZG4WpFE

View the full article

• Like 1