• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Lt Ishani Kasun and Lt Comm Aitas - Reassembling a Family (NT)

Sal Taybrim

(( Starbase 118 - Chief of Security’s Office)

((Timeframe - right after Ishani ends her meeting with Sakon))

:: Having just finished her first meeting with former Orion Syndicate Slave Sakon, Ishani had knew she needed to talk to Aitas before she made her decision regarding Sakon’s treatment, specifically where his treatment would take place. She wasn’t super close to Aitas, but they were colleagues and certainly friendly if not actual friends and so Ishani felt that she owed Aitas a chance to hear her out regarding her desires about her father’s treatment. Ishani had told him that she wouldn’t harm his treatment based on its effect on Aitas, and she fully intended to keep her word on that matter, but that didn’t mean she would allow his treatment to harm Aitas’ recovery either.

Which is why she was now in the privacy of her own office typing up a carefully worded message to Aitas requesting a fairly urgent meeting. Hopefully Aitas would have time to meet with her soon. ::

(( Timeskip - 1600 hours))

:: Ishani still wasn’t quite settled into her new office by the time their meeting took place. Knick knacks and personal touches remained in boxes stacked up next to her desk and the furniture was a hodgepodge mix between the ultra spartan remnants of her predecessor and her own far homey and personable pieces moved over from her former office. It probably wasn’t the best place to have a potentially emotional meeting, but given that this was a meeting between colleagues, rather than one between patient and therapist, meeting in one of Crisis’ treatment rooms seemed even worse. ::

::Aitas couldn’t say she had been utterly surprised by the message; she was her father’s only family left, and thus the only one who might hold any other weight when it came to his treatment. At least for now.::

Kasun: :: At Aitas’ entrance Ishani smiled in what she hoped was a reassuring way. :: Thank you for making time for this so quickly.

Aitas: He’s my father, I couldn’t do anything less.

Kasun: :: Nodding:: Has your father mentioned anything about his plans or what he would like to do?

Aitas: We discussed it briefly, I know he wishes to refresh his credentials at the Vulcan Science Academy.

Kasun: :: Well at least Ishani wouldn’t be breaking the news to her. ::  That’s what he told me as well. He expressed a preference to receive his treatment on Vulcan in order to re up his credentials while also receiving his treatment

Aitas: Ah. ::she paused a moment too long.:: Did he tell you when he wishes to return?

Kasun: oO He didn’t tell her. Oo :: Ishani sighed. :: He wished to return by the end of the calendar year and finish up his treatment on SB 118. :: Not the complete truth. Sakon had been under the impression that his treatment would be done by then; Ishani knew better. ::

Aitas: ::she managed an uncertain smile.:: I don’t wish to hamper his treatment, but I also can’t fault his desire to be around for the birth of his grandson.

Kasun: Grandson!? :: Ishani couldn’t hide the shock in her voice. :: You’re pregnant!?

Aitas: Yes. It was...a bit of a surprise.

Kasun: :: She gave Aitas an irritated look; this was no doubt what her father had been referring to during their meeting. :: That would have been good to know when you volunteered to go down into the mine earlier. oO No wonder Theo looked uncomfortable with the idea. Oo

Aitas: Doctor Ezo and Commander Whittaker already knew, if they’d felt it was too dangerous they’d have prevented me from going. ::She managed a weak smile. Mirra’s protectiveness was not something to be dismissed.:: But as I was the only expert on the Syndicate there, it was...complicated.

Kasun: :: Ishani raised an eyebrow. :: I think that would be understating things a bit.

Aitas: I’ve no desire to go any such missions in the future, trust me.

Kasun: oO Good. Oo :: Ishani took a deep breath and pushed aside her irritation. :: Do you have any issues with your father returning to Vulcan for his treatment?

Aitas: ::she smiled weakly:: Yes, but nothing that should actually affect his decision.

Kasun: I am inclined to grant his request, but obviously as he does not exist in a vacuum, whether he stays or goes affects more than just himself. :: Any irritation from before was gone from Ishani’s expression; she gave Aitas a kind and understanding smile. :: I do have to take any impacts on you into account. It would be irresponsible for me to not do so.

Aitas: I’ll miss him, but...I don’t think either of us is in a position to make up for twenty years lost right now. And it’s not as if he’ll be gone forever. ::She clenched one of her hands at that thought, nails digging into her flesh.::

:: Ishani stayed silent, her expression one of comfort and kindness. ::

Aitas: I’ll be glad once he’s back, though. I- ::she paused, uncertainty creeping into her expression.:: Just hope he isn’t disappointed with my life here.

Kasun: :: Ishani took a breath. She could certainly understand the desire for parental approval, and, although she was long past the age where she was driven by it, the want for parental approval had been the source of probably three fourths of her psychiatric practice. :: Given the circumstances, whatever disappointment he allows himself to feel is directed at the situation rather than you.

Aitas: ::smiling weakly:: He used to hope that I’d grow up to be a scientist. He always cared so much for his work. Not that he’d admit to it. Illogical emotions and all of that.

::She could still remember how his face lit up whenever he found some new tidbit of insight.::

Kasun: Every good parent wants what they feel is the best for their child, and frequently what is actually best is both something different and usually picked by the child. Parents usually have years if not decades to come to terms with this, but your father never got that chance. He is on top of having been a slave and forcefully removed from your life for nearly two decades dealing with the choices you have made regarding what you want to do with your life after the fact.

Aitas: ::she nodded, and gave Kasun a grateful smile.:: You make a good point. I just hope we can figure all of it out. It’s a lot to work through.

Kasun: ::Ishani smiled kindly back. ::  Mourning for the what ifs and what was lost is normal given you and your father’s circumstances, but we can’t change what has happened and I believe your father understands that.

Aitas: I’m sure he intends to be completely logical about it...

Kasun: :: A slight smirk graced her lips. :: Him being a Vulcan both helps and hinders in these kinds of circumstances, yes.

Aitas: Indeed. But I shouldn’t take too much of your time. Was there anything else you wished to ask me about?

Kasun: No that was it. I’m assuming that you have already made arrangements for your own mental care? :: Aitas was far better about that then several others she could name on the station. ::

Aitas: I’ve my counseling appointments arranged already. I can at least admit that I need them.

Kasun: Good. :: She gave Aitas a playful smile. :: Some people never get that far.

Aitas: And thank you, Doctor. I’m glad to know my father has someone so skilled looking out for him.

Kasun:  :: kindly :: You’re welcome.

----------------------------

Lt. Commander Aitas

Chief Intelligence Officer

Starbase 118 Ops

O239307A10

&

Lieutenant Ishani Kasun MD, PhD

Chief of Security

Starbase 118 Ops

O239306IK0