• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Happy Birthday!

Valdivia

Happy birthday  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How did you decide your character’s birthdate?

• It is my own birthdate.
    • It is a relevant date for personal reasons.
    • It is a relevant date in some other sense (e.g. Christmas)
    • It has some In Character relevance.
    • I just picked one date at random.
    • Other (let us know your case!)

When we create a new character, we put a lot of thought into the process. Some parts usually get more attention. Race, gender, department (or, in general, job)... while other, more cosmethic details, are given thought but have little effect on the simming. The fact that the character is blond gives information about them, but in most missions it won’t really matter. It is purely aesthetic.

A similar thing happens with birthdates. Of course there is the age matter (and we might discuss it in a later poll). But what about the date within the year? How do players choose it? Does it have any relevance? For the player? For the character? Some ships keep track on them and celebrate (or at least make comments) on character’s birthdays.

Let us know how you choose your character’s birthdate!

This is a new post in our category Simming Questions. Here we will be asking questions about our community, our characters and our writing, and how you interact with it all.

For me it's actually a mixture and I could have picked several options.

I have used my own birthday for some characters. I've used the birthday's of other members of my family too, at times.

Sometimes, when I am considering what personality a character has I will look up the zodiac and assign them a starsign as seems appropriate for them. Based on that I may assign additional personality traits, including weaknesses and a fitting birthdate. It's a fun way of fleshing out a character a little more and often gives a little extra inspiration.